BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW

10-20-2011, 12:06 AM   #23
Ben Choad
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3; 09 Lambo LP560-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
Hey everyone, I just want to let everyone know about a negative situation I had with San Francisco BMW. About 3 months ago I began search for a 2004-2006 e46 M3. As most of you already know these are pretty hard to come by at BMW dealers these days. On August 8th I come across a listing online for a 2004 M3 at San Francisco BMW. I decide to give them a call and begin talking to a sales associate Nyomi Balatti. Nyomi is very helpful from the beginning sending me pictures, returning phone calls, and emailing me documents of the car. Everything checked out and I decided to pull the trigger on the car. The only thing that bothered me was that I was located in Los Angeles and the car was in SF but Nyomi guaranteed me I would not be disappointed.

I wake up the next day and give Nyomi a call asking her if the car is still available for me to fly in and drive it back. She assures me it is and asks what time I am coming in. I buy my ticket and let her know when I will be arriving. I ask her if someone could pick me up and she replies by saying I would rather pay for your taxi.

I am now on the way to LAX and I give Nyomi one more phone call making sure the car will be there when I arrive in 2 hours. Again, she assures me it's available and being washed for me to come pick it up. I asked if I can put a deposit just in case but she said that it is not necessary.

Fast forward 2 hours and I am now in San Francisco in a taxi about 5 minutes away from the dealership when I get a call from Nyomi. This is how the conversation went:

Nyomi: You won't believe it, they sold the car.
Me: Are you kidding?
Nyomi: I wish I was.
Me: I asked you a thousand times if it was still available and you said yes.
Nyomi: I don't know what to tell you.
Me: I'll be there in 5 minutes.

I am furious at this point. I arrive at the dealership and demand to see the manager right away. I am introduced to a manager by the name of Alex. Right from the beginning I can tell Alex doesn't care about the whole situation. He tells me that the car is gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it. He then decides to do me a favor by giving me a deal of $1000 above invoice on a new M3. I demand for my airfare and taxi to be taken care of at the minimum but he begins to counteroffer with only half. I threaten to blast him and his dealership on online forums when he finally agrees.

He says that he will send me a check in the mail since corporate has to write it. I ask how can I be certain he will and he replies by saying we've been in business for years and would never do that to a customer. He asks for a printout of my airline receipt which I provide and head back home.

More than 2 months later I have received no check and Nyomi the sales woman I dealt with will not give me an answer or help me out. This has to be the worst treatment I have ever received by any business. I wasted a whole day, took time off work, and had to pay for 2 taxi's. All together I wasted $415 that day.

Sorry for the long read but I needed to get this off my chest. Try to avoid dealings with this dealership at all costs, especially Nyomi Balatti, and Alex.

Cliff Notes:
1. Looking for an e46 M3
2. Find one in SF
3. Call dealership and tell them I am coming. They say they will hold it.
4. Buy plane ticket.
5. Call Sales associate numerous times before leaving to make sure it is still available which she says yes it is.
6. Fly in, get in a taxi on the way to the dealer when sales associate calls me and say they sold it.
7. Manager promises to refund my plane and taxi costs.
8. Never receive a check and dealer is now ignoring me.
This is the review that I wrote about them on Yelp which was subsequently removed from the site:

Bought 3 BMWs over the last 5 years, the last two from BMW of San Francisco. I have tolerated their questionable business practices and arrogant behavior over the years mainly due to the convenience of this dealership's location in the city.

But enough is enough, these guys are absolutely terrible. Life is too short to be constantly aggravated by a collection of uneducated neanderthals that lack any sense of integrity. It still remains a mystery to me as to why any manufacturer would allow their brand to be tarnished by associating themselves with folks that operate just above the criminal. BMW should allow a competing authorized BMW dealer in every major city to avoid a single dealer from behaving like a complete and utter ass.

Long story short - this is a horrendous dealer and should be avoided at all costs. Even though I live and work in the city, I now take my car to East Bay BMW -they have very good technicians who know what they are doing, especially Alex.

This dealership has me questioning my desire to ever purchase another BMW. What a hell hole!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 06:48 AM   #24
mmm def
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21 330, 19 ND2 RF, 11 RX350

That blows dude but like others have said, the deposit would have helped. What if they had turned down a sale because they had someone coming to look at it (you), and you walked away? I'd be pissed as F too in either situation. Next time, $ means business. Good luck with your search.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 12:14 PM   #25
RyBaym3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

I don't recommend them either. I bought my wife's mini there in February, thought i did all the negotiating on the phone, I ended up there for another 2 hours. I thought I'd give them another chance (since theyre so close by)when I ordered my m3 in sept.,but again the customer service is what drove me away.
I ended up with Steve Thomas.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:27 PM   #26
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
i bought my car up there years ago and the guy who helped me was great. i've had maybe one service done there and was whatevers with it. did't get any special treatment or anything nor was it "terrible," but it definitely could have been better.

sorry for your experience. that really sucks.
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2011, 02:31 PM   #27
hubbman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 G30 M550i

Did you find an E46 yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnhm3 View Post
Hey everyone, I just want to let everyone know about a negative situation I had with San Francisco BMW. About 3 months ago I began search for a 2004-2006 e46 M3. As most of you already know these are pretty hard to come by at BMW dealers these days. On August 8th I come across a listing online for a 2004 M3 at San Francisco BMW. I decide to give them a call and begin talking to a sales associate Nyomi Balatti. Nyomi is very helpful from the beginning sending me pictures, returning phone calls, and emailing me documents of the car. Everything checked out and I decided to pull the trigger on the car. The only thing that bothered me was that I was located in Los Angeles and the car was in SF but Nyomi guaranteed me I would not be disappointed.

I wake up the next day and give Nyomi a call asking her if the car is still available for me to fly in and drive it back. She assures me it is and asks what time I am coming in. I buy my ticket and let her know when I will be arriving. I ask her if someone could pick me up and she replies by saying I would rather pay for your taxi.

I am now on the way to LAX and I give Nyomi one more phone call making sure the car will be there when I arrive in 2 hours. Again, she assures me it's available and being washed for me to come pick it up. I asked if I can put a deposit just in case but she said that it is not necessary.

Fast forward 2 hours and I am now in San Francisco in a taxi about 5 minutes away from the dealership when I get a call from Nyomi. This is how the conversation went:

Nyomi: You won't believe it, they sold the car.
Me: Are you kidding?
Nyomi: I wish I was.
Me: I asked you a thousand times if it was still available and you said yes.
Nyomi: I don't know what to tell you.
Me: I'll be there in 5 minutes.

I am furious at this point. I arrive at the dealership and demand to see the manager right away. I am introduced to a manager by the name of Alex. Right from the beginning I can tell Alex doesn't care about the whole situation. He tells me that the car is gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it. He then decides to do me a favor by giving me a deal of $1000 above invoice on a new M3. I demand for my airfare and taxi to be taken care of at the minimum but he begins to counteroffer with only half. I threaten to blast him and his dealership on online forums when he finally agrees.

He says that he will send me a check in the mail since corporate has to write it. I ask how can I be certain he will and he replies by saying we've been in business for years and would never do that to a customer. He asks for a printout of my airline receipt which I provide and head back home.

More than 2 months later I have received no check and Nyomi the sales woman I dealt with will not give me an answer or help me out. This has to be the worst treatment I have ever received by any business. I wasted a whole day, took time off work, and had to pay for 2 taxi's. All together I wasted $415 that day.

Sorry for the long read but I needed to get this off my chest. Try to avoid dealings with this dealership at all costs, especially Nyomi Balatti, and Alex.

Cliff Notes:
1. Looking for an e46 M3
2. Find one in SF
3. Call dealership and tell them I am coming. They say they will hold it.
4. Buy plane ticket.
5. Call Sales associate numerous times before leaving to make sure it is still available which she says yes it is.
6. Fly in, get in a taxi on the way to the dealer when sales associate calls me and say they sold it.
7. Manager promises to refund my plane and taxi costs.
8. Never receive a check and dealer is now ignoring me.
Just wondering it you found the car you want yet? I just put my E46 on AutoTrader. http://s1209.photobucket.com/albums/...age/M3%20PIcs/
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #28
dagolfpro
Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

I'm actually going the opposite way, I live in SF Bay Area and going down to San Diego as I just put a deposit down on a car @ BMW of Encinitas on a new M3. I'm concerned about these stories all the time. Deposits are different here in California. I was told by multiple SA that deposits can't be placed on cars here in Cali. It's either sold or available for sale. I tried to put deposits on various used cars at different BMW dealerships and was told many times that I couldn't. The fact that BMW of Encinitas did, I'm a little concerned as well. Plane ticket is bought and I'm suppose to pick up car next week. Sorry OP to hear about your story.

The Sales Manager told me the car is mine since I gave him a credit card for deposit. A week later, the charge hasn't appeared on my credit card. I was suppose to sign docs locally as well, but they had the wrong figures on the current contract. The dealership told me that they had to consider the car sold last week when I gave him the CC since they had others looking at the car since then. Therefore, since it's also a leased vehicle, he had to inform BMWNA that the car is sold as well so I have to start payment on it as of last week as well. Any insights to this?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 02:13 AM   #29
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

OP you should email them the link to this thread so they can see the amazing reputation they've created for themselves.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 05:12 AM   #30
Stronghammer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

What a bunch of A holes. Just can not trust anyone you don't know these days. At least there are places like this these days were others can learn and avoid similar hardships.
Mods: ESS VT1, MS test pipes, 19 BBS CH-R, Eibach pro springs, Painted reflectors, carbon fiber grills, Painted side markers with dark tinted lenses, 30% tint, Arkym rear diffuser, Innotech axle back exhaust, Performance spoiler
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #31
ClutchThese
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Start an "I hate SF BMW" page on facebook! Then, email them that link. That should be fun. I'll like the page and pass it to a bunch of people. get upwards of a thousand likes... then maybe you'll get your refund to close the page.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 09:00 AM   #32
Edjay
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW, 76 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchThese View Post
Start an "I hate SF BMW" page on facebook! Then, email them that link. That should be fun. I'll like the page and pass it to a bunch of people. get upwards of a thousand likes... then maybe you'll get your refund to close the page.
Link it here to so we can all like the page
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 09:56 AM   #33
L4ces
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 Alpine White

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
If I was in OP's shoes, I'd appreciate all of the support I could get.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 10:47 AM   #34
jumpman044
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 MW M3

i just ordered an 2012 E92 thru SF BMW for Euro Delivery...they've seemed pretty nice, but they have acted pretty nonchalant about things so far. having worked at a car dealership i think a lot of it depends on the particular salesperson you are dealing with as well, and to be honest i think it's your salesperson that let you down. she probably just assumed the car was available the morning you called without actually checking to see whether it was or not. anyways, sorry to hear your story, hoping my experience with these guys goes better.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:12 PM   #35
ClutchThese
Private
United_States
Rep

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-Hate...25205140920931

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 04:03 PM   #36
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Scumbags. Thanks for posting.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 04:04 PM   #37
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomislav View Post
Sorry, but until you put a deposit on a car, it's fair game. If you were serious, even a few hundred dollars as a holding deposit would have secured it. If you didn't like the car, the deposit would have been refunded.
You suck at reading.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #38
Xcelrrate
Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
+1, I like the page,

I hate shady wacky steelership

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchThese View Post

'08 Jerez Black E90 ///M3
Pics of my Ride
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 07:35 PM   #39
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfpro View Post
The Sales Manager told me the car is mine since I gave him a credit card for deposit. A week later, the charge hasn't appeared on my credit card. I was suppose to sign docs locally as well, but they had the wrong figures on the current contract. The dealership told me that they had to consider the car sold last week when I gave him the CC since they had others looking at the car since then. Therefore, since it's also a leased vehicle, he had to inform BMWNA that the car is sold as well so I have to start payment on it as of last week as well. Any insights to this?
So they basically tried to get you to sign a contract with the wrong figures (guessing too high), then when you didn't, they will now backdate the one you do sign? And, you will pay for a week you didn't have the car? Why would they expect you to agree to that? You should pay when you are ready to take the car, and that is when the lease should start.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 07:37 PM   #40
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Just like your fb page. F... Those guys.

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #41
gnhm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 / F87 M2

Thank you to everyone showing support. I have emailed the dealership the link to this thread so I am sure they are monitoring it.
      10-21-2011, 08:09 PM   #42
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

Order a new m3 from them with terrible options Like individual avocado green with white interior or something. Then back out of the deal and leave them with a car they'll never sell.

people's word should be their honor, but turnabout should also be fair play
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:28 PM   #43
DDS2015
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3CS

Garage List
2021 BMW X3  [0.00]
2023 BMW M4  [0.00]
I liked the Facebook page for ya
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 08:55 PM   #44
ClutchThese
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDS2015 View Post
I liked the Facebook page for ya
Good deal! Thanks for liking. Lets get some more support for the page. Then, he can email them a link. The page is actually linked to their business on FB. So, if they monitor that AT ALL, they will notice the page.
Appreciate 0