BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Canadian Classifieds

07-11-2020, 02:04 PM   #1
braindamage
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

WTB: KW EDC Delete Module [E92 M2]

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Looking to upgrade my EDC suspension to coilovers. Not sure if I want to code it out or use a delete module. But if anyone have one for sale, let me know. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 04:16 PM   #2
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindamage View Post
Looking to upgrade my EDC suspension to coilovers. Not sure if I want to code it out or use a delete module. But if anyone have one for sale, let me know. Thanks!
You can have the EDC coded out completely, which saves the hassle of spending so much money on a EDC delete module.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 07:54 PM   #3
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
You can have the EDC coded out completely, which saves the hassle of spending so much money on a EDC delete module.
The way most people code it out. Its not completely invisible. There is still a hidden fault code when you scan the car.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2020, 11:10 PM   #4
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

If properly coded, there will be no faults. In no scenario is buying the expensive and bulky modules a sensible decision when coding offers it for a fraction of the cost, and is completely OEM as if the car was never built with EDC.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 12:08 AM   #5
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
If properly coded, there will be no faults. In no scenario is buying the expensive and bulky modules a sensible decision when coding offers it for a fraction of the cost, and is completely OEM as if the car was never built with EDC.
Can you let us know who can do the coding properly for a fraction of the cost of the edc delete modules? The last I checked, the coders that can do it is still asking 200-300 to do it. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2020, 02:55 AM   #6
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4_GTS View Post
The way most people code it out. Its not completely invisible. There is still a hidden fault code when you scan the car.
Wrong, it is 100% perfect once you have coded it out properly from the Vehicle Order and unplugged the module out from the trunk.
I have done this more than a dozen time for various clients.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd6011.50
      07-12-2020, 10:28 AM   #7
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
Wrong, it is 100% perfect once you have coded it out properly from the Vehicle Order and unplugged the module out from the trunk.
I have done this more than a dozen time for various clients.
So this is how it's done? If not, please care to explain? I love this forum, so many experts that can prove me wrong that I can also learn from!

Unplug the EDC module in the trunk
Delete $223 from VO
FA write to CAS and NFRM
Change EDC_CIC to nicht_aktiv in CIC
Change EDCK_ALIVE_ZAEHLER to nicht_aktiv in KOMBI
Change EDCK_ID_MONITOR to nicht_aktiv in KOMBI
Clear errors in ISTA or INPA.

But... it's perfect until you scan the car with ISTA+

There will be a CDB7 error that will always be present in the fault memory. The car will not report it in the car screen but it will be there during a diagnostic read.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 07:32 PM   #8
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep

Therein lies the problem. With the new VO, you have to default code the MDSC, KOMBI, CIC - possibly NFRM and CAS as well just to fully remove any trace of EDC.

The additional changes you mention will automatically be done if it's coded this way, instead of only coding them off manually. Your method has left some configuration in the car that EDC is installed, but it is simply not reporting any errors to the driver.

You're welcome for the lesson

Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31415.50
      07-13-2020, 08:10 PM   #9
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Therein lies the problem. With the new VO, you have to default code the MDSC, KOMBI, CIC - possibly NFRM and CAS as well just to fully remove any trace of EDC.

The additional changes you mention will automatically be done if it's coded this way, instead of only coding them off manually. Your method has left some configuration in the car that EDC is installed, but it is simply not reporting any errors to the driver.

You're welcome for the lesson
"Possibly" doesn't really help here. That's the only way I found how to do it on here. But you still didn't provide the actual coding format so I can do it for my car without getting that hidden fault.

Anyways lesson incomplete, can anyone provide the actual coding required?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #10
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep

Yes, it does indeed help because you've missed multiple critical steps. I'm saying, "possibly" because I haven't done it in a while and cannot recall if it was necessary to default code CAS and NFRM.

Bottom line is you can go ahead and default code CAS and NFRM after the VO change without any detriment other than losing your customized coding; if any. The 100% by-the-book-way is to default code the entire car via the Process Car function when making VO changes. This absolutely rules out any modules that may be impacted by the VO change being implemented.

Full step-by-step instructions for VO changes are all over the boards already.

That completes the after-class tutorial

Appreciate 1
GORDON.M31415.50
      07-13-2020, 09:49 PM   #11
M4_GTS
Lieutenant Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Yes, it does indeed help because you've missed multiple critical steps. I'm saying, "possibly" because I haven't done it in a while and cannot recall if it was necessary to default code CAS and NFRM.

Bottom line is you can go ahead and default code CAS and NFRM after the VO change without any detriment other than losing your customized coding; if any. The 100% by-the-book-way is to default code the entire car via the Process Car function when making VO changes. This absolutely rules out any modules that may be impacted by the VO change being implemented.

Full step-by-step instructions for VO changes are all over the boards already.

That completes the after-class tutorial
If you say so and thanks. But I just sold my ohlins, and decided to keep tge edc function
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2020, 02:55 PM   #12
braindamage
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I did not expect this to turn into some good discussion. From the limited research that I have done, most coding will still leave an error code within like M4_GTS has mentioned. Since I am very new to the coding sapce, that's why I want to see if anyone have a used module for sale. Hopefully I will have a decision soon since there are a lot of information out there...LOL.
Appreciate 0