BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

06-14-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
Nihilation
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, 328xi AT and 328i 6MT

2008 BMW M3 Coupe, White on Fox, 6MT, CF Roof

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 24,000.00

Item Interest
Straight to the point. Gosh, I hate to do this....and those who know me will know how much I've flip-flopped back and forth on this subject. I love this car but I'd like to get back into more regular track days and while I don't mind having fun with this car on the back roads I'm very hesitant to take it on the track like my previous cars. So I'm entertaining selling it for something that I'll feel comfortable tracking without worrying about every little thing. Details...

VIN: WBSWD93548PY41762

Service history on Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

I'm the second owner. The original owner bought it from VOB and had it serviced there until it was out of warranty. It was then serviced by S2 Dynamics in Maryland and had it serviced there until I bought it with 117k miles. Before my acquisition, he replaced the fuel pump, battery, coolant flush, installed a new clutch, new all-season Bridgestone RE970AS tires, and had a few other minor things done. I've got copies of the service records.

He commuted from far ends of Maryland and racked up the miles. He seemed like the kind of guy who just wanted a nice car to drive around and was selling it due to an expanding family. He clearly spent some money at the end to keep it maintained.

The front bumper was replaced due to somebody backing into it but the headlights, fenders and hood are all original so obviously it was minor. The front end has the expected rock chips and such but overall looks pretty good for the miles. There are two marks on the rear bumper that appear to be artifacts of parallel parking. Other than minor cosmetics, the only signs of age are steering wheel trim and door handle where the thin rubber coating is peeling. Oh, and all 4 wheels have some curbing, unfortunately.

The first thing I did after getting the M3 was an oil change and send out the old stuff to Blackstone and their analysis was good. I then removed the all-season tires (which are stacked in my garage) for new Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires and I tossed on some 12 spacers up front. Then I installed a MS air filter and fresh spark plugs, and brake fluid flush (ATE Type 200). Then came a Dinan exhaust and eBay carbon splitters. Finally I bought white M3 splatter trim to replace the factory aluminium trim (still have the stock trim) and installed LUX H8 160 angel eye bulbs. That's it.

The EDC works great. Has comfort access, lights package, the mid-level HiFi stereo (but no HD radio), heated seats. Probably forgetting other things. A VIN decode will tell all.

YouTube walk-around video:

Uninstalled, I have brand new rod bearings from BE Bearings and Swift Spec R springs sitting in a box. If they are not installed they will not be included in the sale price but we can work out a deal if you want them.

The car now has 123,300 miles and I usually put on 100-150 miles a week. The title is clean and in my hand. Located in Manassas, VA. Will ship on the buyer's dime. Price has no wiggle room.

Extra detail photos:

Last edited by Nihilation; 08-22-2016 at 01:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2016, 06:33 PM   #2
Nihilation
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Up!
      08-10-2016, 10:21 AM   #3
Nihilation
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Nobody?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2016, 11:54 AM   #4
M3Fan1985
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I watched your video the other day! Good luck with the sale!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 12:55 PM   #5
andyhurz20
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: T1 V8 Touareg

Waiting for the dieselgate buy back, if this is still around (which I highly doubt) I will be purchasing it!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2016, 12:57 PM   #6
Nihilation
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhurz20 View Post
Waiting for the dieselgate buy back, if this is still around (which I highly doubt) I will be purchasing it!
I'm not actively trying to sell, so it might be. GL with VW.