BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

02-05-2009, 09:19 AM   #89
Omar@ActiveAutowerke
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnell325 View Post
Time for you to do a dyno.....you're my only hope, as I live 500 miles from any dyno!!
Order the pulley and I'll go dyno my car for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
WOW!
Its actually unbelievable how much you know about this stuff!
Ditto, PG is an extremely valuable member to this community. Maybe he should be a mod.... Just throwing the idea out there...
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #90
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

PG, quick question on dynoing. I am planning on putting together a dyno day in my area with a few other BMW buddies. The shop everyone wants to go to has a Dynojet Model 424xLC2. So I am guessing I should dyno in third gear. What sort of variables/inputs need to be input into this particular dyno for me to get the most accurate results. I am thinking of doing a pre-dyno prior to perhaps installing a UDP and software...
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #91
newm3owner
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 AW Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
PG, quick question on dynoing. I am planning on putting together a dyno day in my area with a few other BMW buddies. The shop everyone wants to go to has a Dynojet Model 424xLC2. So I am guessing I should dyno in third gear. What sort of variables/inputs need to be input into this particular dyno for me to get the most accurate results. I am thinking of doing a pre-dyno prior to perhaps installing a UDP and software...
If you get something together, let me know. I would be interested to do a before and after dyno as well.
Mike
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 05:38 PM   #92
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Active Autowerke View Post
Order the pulley and I'll go dyno my car for you

Ditto, PG is an extremely valuable member to this community. Maybe he should be a mod.... Just throwing the idea out there...
Here we go, u guys r killing me. Active, can you please send me info on pulleys, and ecu upgrade. Price, how long, if ithe pullers r in stock, etc. Wanted to stop for a bit but its just soo hard to. I was thinking about going with the rogue pulleys because of the color and the dealer not noticing them. R yours undetectable as well. Also, how much gains can I expect from the ecu reflash by having the remus race abd afe filter. And how about if I were to delete sec cats and resonators but keeping stock xpipe. A shop by me would do the custom work. Or is it better making a different x pipe as well? Thank you very much. I am really considering the mods, especially the ecu. Just wanna know pricing and such. I remember a while ago u guys had it for a special price. Would probably want to do something like this on Monday so i could have the car running by wed if im not mistaking correct?

Thank you for the help.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2009, 07:10 PM   #93
dcstep
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
I just got back from Mac Autosport in Parker, Colorado. They have the Dynojet 248/224 which will handle four wheel drive and two wheel. My three baseline runs were right on top of each other, ranging from 328 to 333 hp and 245 lbs max torque on all runs. The sad news for those of at high altitude is that unadjusted hp peaked at 270 and torque at 197. All runs were in fourth gear with traction control disengaged.

The Dynojet is an accelerometer based dyno, so the runs are based acceleration of the drum and you can't "game" the system by varying the runup time.

I'm very pleased with Mac, with the three runs costing only $65. If we could get the programming they would do dyno tuning as they do on most Asian cars and most recent US brands. It was comforting to see my air/fuel was not too lean (a common problem at altitude) so they're predicting good results when I add the throttle bodes and exhaust.

Of course, I'll go back for comparison runs after the mods are complete.

Dave
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2009, 12:08 AM   #94
ChitownM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 SS Camaro

Dyno with 100 octane, if you get the same results as PG you'll see at least 410 rwhp on the dynojet!
Appreciate 0