BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

08-18-2011, 03:43 PM   #45
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMD View Post
I'm sorry but any car enthusiast will tell you to stay away from any car wash with rotating brushes. I wouldn't take my $25K Golf GTi through an auto car wash. It has nothing to do with the cost of the car. See that muddy Jeep that just went through before you...the same brushes are rubbing what's left of the mud into your paint.

And black cars are simply the worst for revealing surface marring and scratches from bad washing techniques.

Get it corrected and wash by hand. And since it is a black car, read some of the detailing forums to find out how to wash, dry and wax a black car.
Aaahhh best response yet.

In addition, your brand-new vehicle's surface was much closer to perfect, so any damage is much more noticeable. Say what you want about your wife's car or any other car: I can promise they're all jacked as well, but they've been damaged so much and so long - all the damage seems to be uniform so it doesn't stand out.

Welcome to the world of hardcore detailing and car care. With more knowledge, you'll come to learn your brand new BMW didn't even look as good as it potentially can. Then your mind will really be blown

Read stickies and old posts, learn proper techniques, and you'll be like many frequent visitors of this sub-forums that have a vehicle that looks better-than-new or at least like-new. It's that, or keep going through the convenient tunnel wash and have your car look like every other on the road.

Congrat's on the new ride and careful of who and what touches your very delicate clear-coat!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #46
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

OP... you need some help

Appreciate 0