BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-07-2022, 02:55 PM   #1
Matt Fojtik
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 E92 M3  [9.00]
POM GTS install and fitment issues

I have had a pom gts lip for my e92 for about 6 weeks now. But after about 10hr of trying I can’t even get close to getting it to fit.
As soon as I held the lip up to the bumper I noticed the lip seemed to Bend in a “n” shape from side to side leaving a 1-2in gap along the edges. When I’d imagine it should be “u” shaped to match the shape that the bumper has.
Now for about 5 weeks I have been left on seen by their instagram page. I tried to describe the issue and they said just push it up harder (I’m using stock screws on the bottom of my bumper). While doing this it seems like I am bending the lip up so much that is is going to snap in half. I have tried emailing a few times too. Just to be ignored once again.

Is there any other way that maybe I should try? I guess I could use self tapping but even with that it seems like I will have a large gap in the fitment. I put some pictures of it below.
Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-08-2022, 03:40 PM   #2
1FastSicilian
-Frank
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

Looks like an error in the molding process of the lip.. that looks completely out of shape.

I'd reach out to POM see if he can assist with getting you a replacement. Those lips are cheap.

Goodluck
IG: @_frank_stone_
Appreciate 1
      12-09-2022, 02:33 PM   #3
jmeenach
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I've seen a lot of people that have ordered these lips and haven't heard of many fitment issues (though I could be wrong). Assuming there was an issue with the mold. I would push for a replacement. Otherwise, I would y up for a true carbon piece that won't break on its first impact.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2023, 10:14 PM   #4
Tellmee
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP AW/FR

I had fitment issue with their gts1 lip. They refused to help and just said to drill it in harder lol. My body shop said it’s so bad that it will destroy my bumper. Ended up tossing it away.
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2023, 10:49 PM   #5
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
For sure that’s an issue with the lip. I’ve had all of the POM lips because I keep destroying them on crappy roads. All have fit perfectly for me. That section before the outside bumper fangs is f’d up. Email them and get a replacement. I feel like you could have never known there was an issue until you unboxed it and that’s a production flaw. Let us know how it goes in this post. Here is a pic of mine now and it’s perfect. These really need to be installed with the bumper off. You can use vice clamps to line up the lip. I recommend 4 clamps. One on each outside and one on each cooler opening. Then drill and mount. Everyone fights me on this but I’ve never had a mm difference anywhere to bother me walking to or away from the car daily.
Attached Images