BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

05-05-2016, 02:07 PM   #1
Jonzny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Tune2Air users, does this happen to you as well?

So for some reason every once in a while (60-70%) of the time my Tune2Air won't pick up the songs in my playlist, it will say no entries when I select the playlist on the iDrive. This never happens on the Top 25 Most Played playlist though.

Then other times it will work normally, I enter the playlist and the list of songs is there.

Anyone else experience this? Any ideas on how to fix this?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 03:25 AM   #2
m3toboot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///3

Infrequently yes. I found, Quick fix is to disconnect and then reconnect bt. Occasionally have to restart source. for example, stop pandora, restart pandora. HTH
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 10:41 AM   #3
Jonzny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3toboot View Post
Infrequently yes. I found, Quick fix is to disconnect and then reconnect bt. Occasionally have to restart source. for example, stop pandora, restart pandora. HTH
Yes, sometimes disconnecting/reconnecting the Tune2Air works other times it doesn't.

Hmm I think I've tried closing the music app completely then restarting it with no luck. Will have to try that again.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 12:59 PM   #4
fitzbane
Private
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Wait, are you guys getting song titles displayed?

I have the wma3000B version, and my phone is an iphone 6s. I'm able to listen to spotify through the bluetooth easily, but it has always displayed "cannot read track" or similar, and the steering wheel buttons don't work either.

Would be awesome if they would..
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:05 PM   #5
CognitiveDistortion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzbane View Post
Wait, are you guys getting song titles displayed?

I have the wma3000B version, and my phone is an iphone 6s. I'm able to listen to spotify through the bluetooth easily, but it has always displayed "cannot read track" or similar, and the steering wheel buttons don't work either.

Would be awesome if they would..
I have WMA3000B and I get song/artist info on iDrive along with full steering wheel buttons control. I have never tried Spotify, mostly Pandora on iPhone 6. Are you sure you are connecting to Tune2air and not the car's bluetooth?
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 01:09 PM   #6
fitzbane
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CognitiveDistortion View Post
I have WMA3000B and I get song/artist info on iDrive along with full steering wheel buttons control. I have never tried Spotify, mostly Pandora on iPhone 6. Are you sure you are connecting to Tune2air and not the car's bluetooth?
Yeah I for sure am connecting to the Tune2air (spotify lists it as the current connection). Maybe its just busted for spotify
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2016, 06:25 PM   #7
m3toboot
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: ///3

Just to confirm, on a 5/5s/6s, pandora/spotify all work....most of the time. Very infreq. get the lack of info. All steering wheel controls etc work too.

If all else fails, disconnect, REMOVE bt pairing, reconnect after restarting phone.
Appreciate 0
      05-10-2016, 05:03 PM   #8
doubleu8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90

How about with a samsung galaxy s6?
My steering wheel controls let me toggle through songs, but don't display on the screen.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 08:07 PM   #9
NashvegasR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 F83

I have a 2013 M3 (so don't have tune2air in my e92) but I had it in my 2009 M3 E93 prior to this car and currently have it in a 2010 Range Rover Sport supercharged..

Headline is pandora always works well on both as does spotify BUT my experience -- in both cars -- pandora and apple show the track info, spotify does not and never has.

As for the overall tune2air experience... so... It is bitchy. Sometimes it works. Randomly it does not. Both cars same thing. Sometimes playlist or song info issues. Showing wrong song, etc. Sometimes refuses to connect. Sometimes locally saved music on ios works but pandora does not.

---> But every single time -- restarting the car, and restarting the phone cleared it up. \ I think I expected a perfect integration and never quite got there.

Just today -- range rover sport refused to acknowledge the tune2air. Unplugged it. Restarted phone. Replugged in tune2air. Perfect.

In other words -- just restart everything, does that fix your problems ? But -- would not expect spotify song info.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 08:08 AM   #10
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

In order for the track info and music controls to work, you must have at least one song purchased through iTunes and stored locally on your iPhone. I had that U2 album that everybody got for free on my phone and decided to delete it a while ago in effort to free up some space. Well that was a bad idea because as soon as I did that, I lost track info in Spotify, Pandora, and my Podcasts. Took me like 3 days to figure out why it stopped working all of the sudden when I haven't updated or changed anything on my phone. Everything worked fine when I connected my girlfriend's iPhone so I figured it couldn't be an issue with the Bluetooth device itself. I don't own any music through iTunes and apparently you can't re download the U2 album after deleting it so I had to go and purchase a 69c song just to get everything to work again. Lesson learned. If anyone has trouble seeing track info and skipping songs, keep this in mind.

The downside is every time I start my car, it starts playing that one song until I switch over to Spotify or Pandora.
      05-12-2016, 10:11 AM   #11
fitzbane
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
In order for the track info and music controls to work, you must have at least one song purchased through iTunes and stored locally on your iPhone. I had that U2 album that everybody got for free on my phone and decided to delete it a while ago in effort to free up some space. Well that was a bad idea because as soon as I did that, I lost track info in Spotify, Pandora, and my Podcasts. Took me like 3 days to figure out why it stopped working all of the sudden when I haven't updated or changed anything on my phone. Everything worked fine when I connected my girlfriend's iPhone so I figured it couldn't be an issue with the Bluetooth device itself. I don't own any music through iTunes and apparently you can't re download the U2 album after deleting it so I had to go and purchase a 69c song just to get everything to work again. Lesson learned. If anyone has trouble seeing track info and skipping songs, keep this in mind.

The downside is every time I start my car, it starts playing that one song until I switch over to Spotify or Pandora.
That's really interesting. Track info NEVER works for me, I'll try buying a song I realllly like and see if this works.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 07:38 AM   #12
fitzbane
Private
Rep

Quote:

Sorry for double post but I thought i'd follow up. I bought a song and downloaded it on my iphone 6s and now all of the track info + steering wheel etc work with spotify in my car. Thank you sooo much for this info, huge improvement for me!
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 07:39 AM   #13
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzbane View Post
Sorry for double post but I thought i'd follow up. I bought a song and downloaded it on my iphone 6s and now all of the track info + steering wheel etc work with spotify in my car. Thank you sooo much for this info, huge improvement for me!
      09-19-2017, 03:12 PM   #14
mbhuiyan
Rep
Drives: E90 06 325i

Quote:

You are the man!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2017, 03:15 PM   #15
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbhuiyan View Post
You are the man!!!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
No problem, glad I could help! I mentioned it in another thread too but FYI in case anyone is tired of hearing the same song every time they start their car:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/10/...-stereo-trick/
      10-11-2017, 01:15 PM   #16
Nguyener
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW F80M3

Didn't want to start a new thread so ill ask here. Has anyone updated to IOS 11 and started having issue with song/track info and steering wheel controls especially on pandora. I have 2 tune2air units both for my X1 and one for the M3 and both are having the same issue.
Present:2017 F80 M3 7DCT Carbon Roof AW
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 01:24 PM   #17
///Master
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW M3 Coupe

My Tune2Air works perfectly in my E92. Never had a problem yet. Connects right up everytime too!
      10-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #18
Nguyener
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Master View Post
My Tune2Air works perfectly in my E92. Never had a problem yet. Connects right up everytime too!
You have song/track info and steering wheel control function on the 08?
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2017, 06:20 PM   #19
///Master
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW M3 Coupe

The song/track info shows up on my dash screen, haven't tried control function yet. But like the above post stated, Having atleast 1 song downloaded / purchased in your iTunes Library may help.. I remember reading about this before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nguyener View Post
You have song/track info and steering wheel control function on the 08?
      10-12-2017, 10:27 PM   #20
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Didn't want to start a new thread so ill ask here. Has anyone updated to IOS 11 and started having issue with song/track info and steering wheel controls especially on pandora. I have 2 tune2air units both for my X1 and one for the M3 and both are having the same issue.
Keep us updated! I was just about to buy this for my M3 until I saw your post.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2017, 09:14 PM   #21
Nguyener
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Keep us updated! I was just about to buy this for my M3 until I saw your post.
I updated to ios11.0.3 and everything works fine again. It was a IOS11 thing. New IOS always has stupid bugs when they first release it.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #22
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
I updated to ios11.0.3 and everything works fine again. It was a IOS11 thing. New IOS always has stupid bugs when they first release it.
Thanks! Ordering a 3000b now.
Appreciate 0