BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Mporium BMW

11-07-2019, 09:43 PM   #1
e90lcinyc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Ess supercharger deals

Hey guys I know ind has specials for supercharger plus free install, was wondering if anyone in the tristate area is running the same deal for ess supercharger with free install ? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 07:21 AM   #2
ard5040
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 X3 xdrive35i, Macan S

I'd be cautious of any shop willing to eat a day and a half of labor.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 09:29 AM   #3
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ard5040 View Post

The ess kit does not take a day and a half to instal............
Appreciate 1
      11-09-2019, 11:55 AM   #4
e90lcinyc
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post
Quote:

This plus it's not unusual I know EAS offers it, auto conture use to as well, I'm wondering if their anyone else doing it currently on the east coast
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2019, 05:51 PM   #5
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

Go thru acm if you want a new kit.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:08 AM   #6
ard5040
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Are you speaking from experience? You could get the hardware done in a day if nothing goes wrong or the motor's peripherals are all in good shape, then pray the the software install goes smoothly. Additionally, any issues with either the kit or the software and you're looking at anywhere from a three hour to a three day response from ESS support. I love the product and wouldn't go back to stock for anything but the reality is that a one day install is not the norm, for me or three friends who drive ESS modded Ms.

Last edited by ard5040; 11-10-2019 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2019, 09:33 AM   #7
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep

Quote:
Are you speaking from experience? You could get the hardware done in a day if nothing goes wrong or the motor's peripherals are all in good shape, then pray the the software install goes smoothly. Additionally, any issues with either the kit or the software and you're looking at anywhere from a three hour to a three day response from ESS support. I love the product and wouldn't go back to stock for anything but the reality is that a one day install is not the norm, for me or three friends who drive ESS modded Ms.
Personal experience. I installed my vf kit in a day and a half, this was a used kit that I ended up having to run back and forth to the auto supply place for a few items that were missing. If it was a new kit, I wouldve been able to have it up and running in a day. Now take into consideration, the ess kit is a simpler setup and less involved install.

I thoroughly enjoy my vf kit, and their customer support (even on a used kit) has been stellar.
      11-10-2019, 11:59 AM   #8
ard5040
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Personal experience. I installed my vf kit in a day and a half, this was a used kit that I ended up having to run back and forth to the auto supply place for a few items that were missing. If it was a new kit, I wouldve been able to have it up and running in a day. Now take into consideration, the ess kit is a simpler setup and less involved install.

I thoroughly enjoy my vf kit, and their customer support (even on a used kit) has been stellar.
Don't doubt that you did your install in a day and a half. This is from the VF wesitie; "The VF supercharger system remains fully OBD2 compliant and is supported by a 1 year unlimited mileage warranty (on the kit only). Installation can be performed by most competent technicians in a true 12-16 hours". ESS's website quotes 8 to 14 hours for an installation. Glad to hear that VF customer support is excellent. ESS is great when they respond to an email (no phone calls) which can take as much as three days.
Appreciate 0