BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-04-2012, 09:42 PM   #45
CBS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10535, E90M3, E30M3, E28M5

Garage List
2017 Alpina B6 GC  [0.00]
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [9.74]
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [7.00]
1990 M3  [9.50]
1988 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
I'm pretty sure I'll be driving to Chicago again this summer...
Let me know if you want a Co-Pilot!

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R7 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 09:44 PM   #46
CBS
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10535, E90M3, E30M3, E28M5

Garage List
2017 Alpina B6 GC  [0.00]
2014 535xi M Sport  [0.00]
2014 X3 3.5 M Sport  [0.00]
2011 M3 E90  [9.74]
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [7.00]
1990 M3  [9.50]
1988 M5  [10.00]
43rd Annual BMW CCA Oktoberfest
Columbus, OH
Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (Lexington, OH)
Monday, September 17 - Sunday, September 23, 2012

Several Members of the Pocono and Del Val (Philly) BMW Car Clubs are planning on attending this event via M3 caravan. Should be fun!

ESS VT-1 550 | M24 Oil Cooler | Fall Line Half Cage | RaceTech 4009W | 6 pt Harness | Lifeline Zero 360 Fire Suppression | Rear Seat Delete | Motion Control DA Dampers w/remote reservoirs | 900/650 Hyperco Springs | RD Sport Sway Bars | Brembo 380 BBK | GC Camber Plates | Hoosier R7 | Eisenmann Sport | Stack Gauges | Painted Challenge Front Lip | Painted ZCP Rear Spoiler | Xpel Ultimate Film | LuxAngelEyes
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 11:07 PM   #47
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

Sure I do...

Picking my ///M up in two weeks from Steve Thomas BMW in CA. How do you think my ///M is getting back to the NW?

2021 M5 Competition Marina Bay Blue/ Individual Tartufo/ Individual Piano Black Trim. Took delivery 11/27/2020
2017 X5 ///M Silverstone/Mugello Red/ Carbon Fiber Trim Turned in 11/27/2020
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 04:55 AM   #48
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I am planning a road trip with a few friends for next year (perhaps as late as next New Year's, work permitting). Ideally, with a stopover at the "Tail of the Dragon" in North Carolina. I've done the drive once before, but that was in a completely different car!

I'd like to also do a road trip up to Quebec city in the fall, I hear it's beautiful! Any suggested roads or routes once in Canada are most appreciated
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #49
Time
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Make sure you go the tail of the dragon. Also top gear did a SC to NYC episode.
      01-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #50
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

http://g.co/maps/3t8vr
Featuring Southern Yellowhead Hwy, Sea to Sky, Transcanada, and 93
Attached Images

Last edited by stefan; 01-05-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #51
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Columbus, OH

Several Members of the Pocono and Del Val (Philly) BMW Car Clubs are planning on attending this event via M3 caravan. Should be fun!
totally, missed out last year in columbus. The event is like 30 mins from my parents house. Will attend this year.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 01:00 PM   #52
Slalom
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4, 18 X3 M40i

Garage List
2004 Z4  [0.00]
2018 BMW X3 M40i  [10.00]
Sound like some great road trips.

I will drive to Abruzzo a couple of times starting at Easter, taking a different alpine pass out of Switzerland each time. A trip back to Munich for the factory tour that I missed and at least one to the French Riviera.

In May I will take my Z4 out on the other side and drive from Ottawa to Boston, over a couple of days on country roads.

I knew there was a reason that I came out of retirement!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #53
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Still debating on doing the trip from Calgary Canada to SoCal in February or March depending on weather conditions
      01-05-2012, 03:25 PM   #54
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
Still debating on doing the trip from Calgary Canada to SoCal in February or March depending on weather conditions
Intense.. I was looking at that as well. When's prime wine country season?
      01-05-2012, 03:59 PM   #55
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS View Post
Columbus, OH

I have to try to make that one and bring my hat with the feather in it along Sounds like a barrel of fun

Have to Google the dates for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruza View Post
Sure I do...

Picking my ///M up in two weeks from Steve Thomas BMW in CA. How do you think my ///M is getting back to the NW?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
I am planning a road trip with a few friends for next year (perhaps as late as next New Year's, work permitting). Ideally, with a stopover at the "Tail of the Dragon" in North Carolina. I've done the drive once before, but that was in a completely different car!

I'd like to also do a road trip up to Quebec city in the fall, I hear it's beautiful! Any suggested roads or routes once in Canada are most appreciated
You will love Quebec City ... I recommend you take the route thru Vermont. Most scenic nice roads too when you avoid the express way. Mind you it has been some 20 + years since I took that route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MMB View Post
Make sure you go the tail of the dragon. Also top gear did a SC to NYC episode.
I heard about that before, never been there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
http://g.co/maps/3t8vr
Featuring Southern Yellowhead Hwy, Sea to Sky, Transcanada, and 93
Stefan, I've done that exact route when I lived in Alberta. You will enjoy it. Take lot's of photos. Perhaps in the fall we can all share our driving photo experiences that be fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slalom View Post
Sound like some great road trips.

I will drive to Abruzzo a couple of times starting at Easter, taking a different alpine pass out of Switzerland each time. A trip back to Munich for the factory tour that I missed and at least one to the French Riviera.

In May I will take my Z4 out on the other side and drive from Ottawa to Boston, over a couple of days on country roads.

I knew there was a reason that I came out of retirement!
Need a navigator for your alpine pass trip? I'll fly over and join you That Ottawa to Boston trip sounds nice as well.

Quote:
Quote:
Sandye & Stefan, I did the wine tasting trip last year with my daughter in my then Z4, it was in late May and it was part of our mega trip to the west coast.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 09:24 AM   #56
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
It is however if only if the weather holds up =/. And I heard June and July are supposed to be the best time to go for the wine in California
      01-09-2012, 09:58 AM   #57
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It is however if only if the weather holds up =/. And I heard June and July are supposed to be the best time to go for the wine in California
I don't think he will go to watch it grow I think he likes to taste it, we did anyway and it was so yummy lot's of little art stores, gift stores and restaurants all over the place ... the Napa Valley is a great place to visit

Just making a joke about the growing

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #58
TysonRa
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonasaurus View Post
Once the weather picks up post March will take a 5 or so days off.

- Calais via Eurotunnel from London
- Couple days at the Ring
- Pop down to Munich to visit BMW
- Grossglockner
- Stelvio (taken my previous car there on a much longer road trip but its not that far away so why not)
- Back to Calais and Eurotunnel to London

Attachment 626515

watch out,there lives a crazy guy with a e92 m3!

I think about going to the nurburgring for 2 or 3 days. someone here wants to do a m3 session at the ring,pm me!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 06:30 AM   #59
TysonRa
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

and great trip Rolf-Dieter! I´m sure you will have a lot of fun!!
Don´t know the laws there,what speed are you allowed to drive at those roads?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #60
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TysonRa View Post

watch out,there lives a crazy guy with a e92 m3!

I think about going to the nurburgring for 2 or 3 days. someone here wants to do a m3 session at the ring,pm me!
I'm sure someone will PM you it be fun to go with two around the ring for good balance of the M3 in the curves and hairpin turns When are you planning to go? I am planning a trip to London and Paris in the fall my plan was to use a EuroRail Pass.

Quote:
and great trip Rolf-Dieter! I´m sure you will have a lot of fun!!
Don´t know the laws there,what speed are you allowed to drive at those roads?
Yes I am looking forward to it, I made the factory and museum trip in Germany in 2009 (VW, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW ~ Dresden, Stuttgart and München). Never did a American car factory and looking forward to see Corvettes being build.

Speed limits in the US are 55 to 85 MPH (88 to 137 KM/PH) traffic is normally 10 to 15 % above this. Still lots of fun,

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:04 PM   #61
TysonRa
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
I'm sure someone will PM you it be fun to go with two around the ring for good balance of the M3 in the curves and hairpin turns When are you planning to go? I am planning a trip to London and Paris in the fall my plan was to use a EuroRail Pass.

Yes I am looking forward to it, I made the factory and museum trip in Germany in 2009 (VW, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW ~ Dresden, Stuttgart and München). Never did a American car factory and looking forward to see Corvettes being build.

Speed limits in the US are 55 to 85 MPH (88 to 137 KM/PH) traffic is normally 10 to 15 % above this. Still lots of fun,
Porsche and BMW are awesome! I wasn´t at mercedes, but I was at AMG some weeks ago picking up a S63! awesome factory! Its awesome to watch one person building up the whole engine! and they have an awesome part of the factory where they do the individual things!

I think in april or may, let´s see what the weather will be! Yes, if someone joins the trip would be cool! A Gemballa 911 and 911 turbo s will come with me! I´m going to looooooose

I hope you take a camera with you, to do some great shots!!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:16 PM   #62
Zzhou
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 SSII ZCP DCT

Going down to Miami during the spring break~
Name:  QQ截图未命名.png
Views: 143
Size:  309.0 KB
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:25 PM   #63
808@702
8th BMW, 520th Surfboard
Rep
Drives: My girlfriends crazy!

I am driving from Vegas up to SFO area in April.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:33 PM   #64
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Porsche and BMW are awesome! I wasn´t at mercedes, but I was at AMG some weeks ago picking up a S63! awesome factory! Its awesome to watch one person building up the whole engine! and they have an awesome part of the factory where they do the individual things!

I think in april or may, let´s see what the weather will be! Yes, if someone joins the trip would be cool! A Gemballa 911 and 911 turbo s will come with me! I´m going to looooooose

I hope you take a camera with you, to do some great shots!!
I was in Hanover (Hanover Messe) then to Hamburg after that I did the factory museum trip. Started in Dresden at the VW Glass Factory then to Leipzig the new BMW plant. Then made my way to Stuttgart (Porsche and Mercedes). Yes Porsche was fantastic, all the models there all the way back to the very start. Naturally one had to see Mercedes as well, I visited both the old and new museum followed by the factory tour at the outskirts of Stuttgart (where you take the bus to the plant and where they have the ED centre). At one point the tour guide made us wait since the production line momentarily stopped. She wanted us to see the final welding process of the body (karoserie ) less the doors. When the line started again the body went vertical into a cage and six robots (three robots on each side) went to work. Sparks flying all over the place. When it was done the tour guide told us this process of completing the 1800 final welds used to take 1 minute and the Engineers improved this now it takes only 56 seconds. I had to smile, then I made a quick calculation in my head and yes in a year that comes to slightly over 14 hours ... guess they can build quite a few more cars in 14 minutes ... so yes a cost improvement for sure

No wonder they are 125 years in business.

My final stop of course was Die Welt / factory and the museum. I'm glad I made it a boy's trip my wife would have been so bored

I do have a ton of photos ... some day I'll publish a photo album.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #65
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhouzitao View Post
Going down to Miami during the spring break~
Attachment 629441
I've done that from further north then you are when I was younger (taking courses in Miami) great trip. I have to do it again to see how the town has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808@702 View Post
I am driving from Vegas up to SFO area in April.
Done this in 2010 in a Z4, we went the long way (after taking the route 66 trip from Eastern Canada to Flagstaff then up to Vegas)... Vegas - Bishop, California (via the Mohave Desert) then to Napa Valley finaly over to the coastal highway and down to SanFran. was a great trip. You will enjoy it I'm sure.

Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #66
Motif
Gruppa krovi-na rukave
Rep
Drives: Something loud and heavy

Nice trips lads, i wish yall well

I am heading from Tampa to Philly...Then Philly>Tail of the Dragon>AL>North FL>Tampa. Hopefully i won't become friends with any staties along the way

Anyone know if Nashville worth stopping by? or perhaps Knoxville is enough for a big country music fan?
Appreciate 0