BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

12-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #1
BK
Smiling politely
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Rules for the Detailing Forum (update August 2012)

This forum is for members to discuss detailing and how to keep our cars looking their best. All are free to post here, provided you follow the general forum rules -- no spamming, no personal attacks, no offensive posts, and no commercial advertising (except by supporting vendors). These general rules can be found in the "Forum Rules/Guidelines" sticky at the top of all BimmerPost forums.

On the topic of commercial advertising: after some discussion, we have decided that all members may post "before and after" threads or step by step photo threads of recent details, provided the post contributes positively to the community. BUT, IF YOU ARE A PROVIDER OF FOR-PAY DETAILING SERVICES, YOU MUST BE A SPONSOR IN ORDER TO MAKE POSTS IN THIS FORUM.

The goal here is to teach, to learn, and to have fun discussing detailing products and techniques with other enthusiasts. We do not want posts that do not contribute to this goal or are nothing more than advertisements from non-sponsors. As with other BimmerPost forums, non-sponsors may not conduct business here, mention the name of their detailing company, or put commercial links or ads in their signatures or profile. If you are interested in doing so, contact Jason to be set up as a supporting vendor.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread. Violations of these rules can result in the loss of posting privileges.
      08-29-2012, 02:24 PM   #2
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

To ALL:

Please note the clarification to the rules above:

BUT, IF YOU ARE A PROVIDER OF FOR-PAY DETAILING SERVICES, YOU MUST BE A SPONSOR IN ORDER TO MAKE POSTS IN THIS FORUM.
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

These professional detailers teach us amateurs about products and how they work with before and after pictures and details. It would be nice for them to stay here.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 02:19 PM   #4
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

this is great news!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #5
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Thanks for the clarification and update BK / Jason. I Just have one thing I want to make sure I'm crystal clear on before proceeding as to not break any forum rules regarding this section of your posting:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK View Post
On the topic of commercial advertising: after some discussion, we have decided that all members may post "before and after" threads or step by step photo threads of recent details, provided the post contributes positively to the community. BUT, IF YOU ARE A PROVIDER OF FOR-PAY DETAILING SERVICES, YOU MUST BE A SPONSOR IN ORDER TO MAKE POSTS IN THIS FORUM.
As someone who will likely soon be retiring from Professional Detailing, does this mean when I no longer offer my services in exchange for money, I can begin to post some of my work with the goal of helping to inform BimmerPost members? I've enjoyed a lot of dialog on this site and watching BMW enthusiasts learn and get more serious into car care. I think this can be proven by looking at my posts: all my started threads (to include the 30k view one) were deleted / removed, yet my post count barely dipped down. Thank you in advanced,
Marc
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

Marc,

You're going to retire?
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
MuttGrunt
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: beater;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetailersDomain View Post
Marc,

You're going to retire?
Yea, I might hang up the 'ol DAs/rotaries soon as I pursue other opportunities that have recently come forth. Nothing is set in stone, but I'd certainly like to know how this would or would not affect that situation.

I hope you and your crew are well Phil, and I and others (how'd I get three calls from across the nation in a single day when I've been laying low for months?) certainly hope you had no hand in the recent AF situation.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep

nope not me, working with Martin@AF as we speak.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #9
Agent11br
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Yea, I might hang up the 'ol DAs/rotaries soon as I pursue other opportunities that have recently come forth. Nothing is set in stone, but I'd certainly like to know how this would or would not affect that situation.

I hope you and your crew are well Phil, and I and others (how'd I get three calls from across the nation in a single day when I've been laying low for months?) certainly hope you had no hand in the recent AF situation.
An avid follower and fan of your company Marc, you do killer work Hope wherever life takes you that you never lose your relentless passion for paint correction (and helping others)! I have read every one of your before/afters on Xceed One of my all time faves was the '07 997 S you did in fall of '09.