BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

02-05-2018, 02:43 PM   #111
EnVe46
Major
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
I'm sure the next one I do I can get down to 5 hours, I always have someone stop by who ends up talking and then next thing you know there goes and hour lol... It was so much easier removing the whole subframe. then to let it hang like more DIY say to do.
I see meister does the same thing when doing bearings on the S65.
      02-13-2018, 03:34 PM   #112
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Freshen her up with a detail and reload... Also just bought a M Performance electronic steering wheel
Attached Images

BOOF-M34451.50
      02-15-2018, 05:20 AM   #113
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

Looking good bro
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2018, 08:33 AM   #114
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanksevo View Post
Looking good bro
Thanks man.
      03-07-2018, 05:20 PM   #115
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quick wash today before she goes in for oil change and M Performance electronic steering wheel install!!! Also will be grabbing my brother in laws, passed down S60 Volvo as a new daily here shortly. So that will bring on quite a refresh. I plan on having the side skirts resprayed as well as the front bumper hole filled and redone. I'll be doing a full front Xpel with the side skirts and rear wheel well area. I'll also be doing a more in-depth detail. All wheels will be pulled, wheel well liners and majority of pieces removed to fully clean and looking as new as possible. I'll still be fully enjoying this car and driven often but it'll be taking a secondary role. New windscreen will be done. Still waiting on side skirt extensions to come in and I'll be doing all the carbon bits at once. I'll post update with steering wheel next week as well as video cause who doesn't like watching a steering wheel that lights up?!
Attached Images

BOOF-M34451.50
      03-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #116
Mpower04
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Love me some interlagos! I'm looking at getting the front/high rock chip areas done in PPF as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2018, 08:21 PM   #117
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warpig12354 View Post
Love me some interlagos! I'm looking at getting the front/high rock chip areas done in PPF as well.
From what I hear it's worth it's weight in gold! I'll start with full front and side skirts and may do roof and trunk to prevent bird dropping and other contaminants from etching the paint. I don't want to go overboard but I plan on having this one for a long time if possible. Wrap it in a bubble if I could hahaha
      04-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #118
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 02:05 PM   #119
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Updating this with the new daily, 07 Volvo S60. Was my brother in laws that's been passed thru the family and now to me. We've kept it up to date with all necessary maintenance so doesn't make sense to sell it. It does need a respray but we don't Insurance money fromthe last hurricane that scratched the right side and ripped the bumper lip off. It'll serve well as a comfortable, reliable and most importantly cheap daily!

As far as the M goes, it'll be dropped off at the shop soon to get some maintenance done as well as the electronic steering wheel. At that time we will also be returning one of the AG wheels as the finish has came off quite a bit. There was a small imperfection when we unboxed the wheel but didn't bother with since it was so small and they're rather cheap wheels. Didn't think it'd create an issue but looks like it has. Kinda turns me off by these wheels. How many people are lightly chipped or curbed wheels but the finish is still intact?!? I'm hoping they do the right thing here. While that process is under way I'll eat the side skirt extensions on as well as the side skirts refinished and finally covered in PPF. Undecided on the front bumper refinish. Will keep anyone interested updates on the wheels, I'm rather annoyed to be honest. Guess that's life when you buy cheap knock off wheels. On to the pics...
Attached Images

04-17-2018, 03:51 AM   #120
Jhanksm3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 M3 Comp

damn an was looking at those too. im glad I chose the arc 8 instead due to the finish and weight. I hope it works out for you bro
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:03 AM   #121
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhanksevo View Post
damn an was looking at those too. im glad I chose the arc 8 instead due to the finish and weight. I hope it works out for you bro
Thanks! I've been happy with them and probably partially my fault for not bringing the nick to their attention when I got them but still shouldn't be losing the finish. We will see what happens. Now that it's not a daily I reeeaaaallly want BBS LM-Rs but those will have to wait
      04-17-2018, 11:48 AM   #122
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Thanks! I've been happy with them and probably partially my fault for not bringing the nick to their attention when I got them but still shouldn't be losing the finish. We will see what happens. Now that it's not a daily I reeeaaaallly want BBS LM-Rs but those will have to wait
Please do keep us posted. I am planning on getting some M359s in gunmetal through their bespoke program and they charge $450 for the powdercoating. If this is the quality of work I can expect and they don't do anything to fix it, I think I will just get some silver ones and get them powdercoated locally instead for the same money.
      04-17-2018, 01:51 PM   #123
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Please do keep us posted. I am planning on getting some M359s in gunmetal through their bespoke program and they charge $450 for the powdercoating. If this is the quality of work I can expect and they don't do anything to fix it, I think I will just get some silver ones and get them powdercoated locally instead for the same money.
I certainly will! Should know more once I box it up, ship it to **********s, who will then ship it to AG for approval. Quite the process.
      04-17-2018, 01:53 PM   #124
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I certainly will! Should know more once I box it up, ship it to **********s, who will then ship it to AG for approval. Quite the process.
Sounds like a huge PITA. Do you have to take the tire off before shipping? Are they covering shipping expenses?
      04-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #125
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Sounds like a huge PITA. Do you have to take the tire off before shipping? Are they covering shipping expenses?
Yup, tire comes off. Preliminary word from AG is they are not going to cover it due to impact damage. So apparently, if you get the smallest imperfection or chip, your wheel will delaminate and you're left to deal with it. But, eh, what to expect from cheap wheels I reckon. Doesn't make it any easier to deal with but take this as me NOT recommending AG wheels to anyone.

EDIT: I took pictures and sent it to m o d bargains and they forwarded to AG. Thats where Im hearing they aren't going to cover it. So looks like Im not wasting my time going through it.
      04-24-2018, 07:32 AM   #126
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Dropped the car off yesterday, will be getting oil changed, fixing a heat shield thats rattling, diagnosing/fixing whatever is knocking in right front when car weight transfers as well as installing the carbon fiber high kick spoiler. Im debating lowering the car on B&G springs or Eibachs, thinking B&G since they give a slightly better drop and have great reviews from everyone who has em.

Also, the wheel will NOT be refinished. We discussed it but it wont match and I really dont care enough to get it done and throw more money at these things. Ill be holding out for CH's or CHR's most likely, unless something else catches my eye. I love the squared CHs another member installed few years back so will most likely due that and use the same tires.

The shop will also be going over the entire car making sure there isn't anything that needs to be addressed. It sure is nice having a daily so I dont need to get a rental, but man, it sure makes driving the M that much more special
BOOF-M34451.50
      04-24-2018, 08:33 AM   #127
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:
Dropped the car off yesterday, will be getting oil changed, fixing a heat shield thats rattling, diagnosing/fixing whatever is knocking in right front when car weight transfers as well as installing the carbon fiber high kick spoiler. Im debating lowering the car on B&G springs or Eibachs, thinking B&G since they give a slightly better drop and have great reviews from everyone who has em.

Also, the wheel will NOT be refinished. We discussed it but it wont match and I really dont care enough to get it done and throw more money at these things. Ill be holding out for CH's or CHR's most likely, unless something else catches my eye. I love the squared CHs another member installed few years back so will most likely due that and use the same tires.

The shop will also be going over the entire car making sure there isn't anything that needs to be addressed. It sure is nice having a daily so I dont need to get a rental, but man, it sure makes driving the M that much more special
If I were in your shoes I would skip both of those spring options and get a KW SLEEVE kit. reason. The offered height adjustment allows for perfectly setting up the car the way you want it to look. You get to maintain your EDC and there are no code.

I've installed both the kw take maybe an hour more worth of work but well worth it. MY grey m3 had eibachs drop wasn't bad but I have kw club sports now and love it.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 09:09 AM   #128
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
If I were in your shoes I would skip both of those spring options and get a KW SLEEVE kit. reason. The offered height adjustment allows for perfectly setting up the car the way you want it to look. You get to maintain your EDC and there are no code.

I've installed both the kw take maybe an hour more worth of work but well worth it. MY grey m3 had eibachs drop wasn't bad but I have kw club sports now and love it.
Ive gone back and forth on the KW kit. I just dont know that Ill need the adjustability of it to make it worth it. Really just trying to lose some of the front wheel gap thats there. Im not sure I can justify the price jump. Any other advantages other than adjustability?
      04-24-2018, 09:15 AM   #129
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Ive gone back and forth on the KW kit. I just dont know that Ill need the adjustability of it to make it worth it. Really just trying to lose some of the front wheel gap thats there. Im not sure I can justify the price jump. Any other advantages other than adjustability?
My thoughts exactly, the adjustability is unnecessary. If I ever decide to do a drop, I will be using the Eibach springs. I've had great luck with them on previous cars and I believe they are the mildest drop you can get on the E9x, just enough to eliminate the wheel gap.
      04-24-2018, 09:20 AM   #130
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Depends on the type of modder you are, if you are a set it and forget it kinda person then yes springs may work for you.

But if you tend to switch wheels setups, like tinkering/making changes/etc. Then having the advisability might be good. My Works were setup perfectly, but when I switched to my BBS wheels I had to make some slight changes to the ride height to get it where I wanted. Then whenever I switch to my track setup, I always dial in a bit more camber.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2018, 09:59 AM   #131
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Depends on the type of modder you are, if you are a set it and forget it kinda person then yes springs may work for you.

But if you tend to switch wheels setups, like tinkering/making changes/etc. Then having the advisability might be good. My Works were setup perfectly, but when I switched to my BBS wheels I had to make some slight changes to the ride height to get it where I wanted. Then whenever I switch to my track setup, I always dial in a bit more camber.
Im a little bit of both. Right now, I dont have a garage as I live in an apartment with parking garage so I dont have the room to tinker. Eventually I will but I not sure how much Ill want to remove wheel and adjust height. Swapping wheel part is what concerns me but it does seem, majority of wheel set ups minus the extreme offset/stance set ups, fit relatively close to the same depending on tire size. Maybe Ill hold off til a used set pops up to help justify it. I used to have a highly customized Jeep and I think tinkering with it's suspension has ruined that part of modding hahahaha I swear I was changing something every week it felt like.
      04-24-2018, 10:40 AM   #132
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Quote:
Im a little bit of both. Right now, I dont have a garage as I live in an apartment with parking garage so I dont have the room to tinker. Eventually I will but I not sure how much Ill want to remove wheel and adjust height. Swapping wheel part is what concerns me but it does seem, majority of wheel set ups minus the extreme offset/stance set ups, fit relatively close to the same depending on tire size. Maybe Ill hold off til a used set pops up to help justify it. I used to have a highly customized Jeep and I think tinkering with it's suspension has ruined that part of modding hahahaha I swear I was changing something every week it felt like.
would hold off for a used set. my car particularly is a bit lower then most but when I want to attend certain events I switch things up. Not to mention running more aggressive tires etc its so much easier to lift the car up if I need to or lower it back down. But I am particular about things like that.
Appreciate 0