BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

04-23-2021, 05:47 PM   #1
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

FS: Eisenmann Sport Exhaust (Black Series, E90)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
Sold to fellow member @ispiliot - thanks again and thumbs up to a good buyer!

---

Hi all,

After much deliberation, I've decided to sell my Eisenmann Sport Exhaust (Black Series, E90 spec).

I originally bought this exhaust because, IMO, it's one of the most versatile mufflers, sounding great by itself and the best when paired with a midpipe or test pipes. We’ve all seen/heard the iND clips of this muffler with the Challenge Sport midpipe! It provides a nice deep, bassy note that really balances out the additional rasp from a midpipe. It's also on the quieter side, keeping overall sound levels reasonable. My plan was to eventually go Stage 2, but I only ever ran this muffler by itself. And it was awesome, very OEM+.

I had no plans to change anything, but about a year ago an E90 MPE V2 came up for sale and I jumped on it just to compare the two. And to be honest, I don't know which I like more. The MPE has a unique tone from the inconel, but I feel like the Eisenmann muffler was better made and sounded better from the inside, and had more of a classic V8 rumble. But I've grown to like the looks of the MPE and have stuck with a very OEM build on this car. My plan was to keep both mufflers, since realistically this muffler will not come up for sale again and part of me misses it every day. I've never seen another Black Series E90 spec, let alone black cans with the polished tips, which is the best look, again IMO. But in that time, I've decided to just stick with Stage 1, given CA SMOG and all that, and I’ve accepted it's silly to keep two mufflers. So here I am, and good chance I regret this later.

Some sources and additional info/data:

https://ind-distribution.com/product...rmance-exhaust

https://www.velosdesignwerks.com/pro...t-b5267-00835/

The BS exhaust new is ~$3,200 + tax/shipping, and is in every way one of the best offerings for these cars. Perfect fitment and handmade in Germany, Eisenmann makes OE equipment for AMG and Porsche. They are also the only manufacturer (that I know of) that provides back pressure data.

I bought this from OG member Donut_Boi about 3 years ago, who bought it new and ran it for about 3 months before adding a diffuser and needing an E92 spec muffler. It now has a total of <12K California miles on it. It's in great shape and includes the connecting pipes. It’s located in Walnut Creek, CA and I am not willing to ship it at this time. Below are some photos from the day I removed it, but it’s since been cleaned up (and tips polished). And since I’m not shipping, you’ll see it in person first. I’ll work on additional photos.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers,

Last edited by wyatth; 05-25-2021 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 2
SAMM3Y3085.00
      04-24-2021, 07:48 PM   #2
Blindside_137
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 SSII E90 M3 ZCP

A classy exhaust indeed! Excellent post as well. Eisenmann sport challenge sport x pipe is a dream setup of mine. Just not in market for anything expensive at the moment.

Bump!
Appreciate 1
wyatth3548.50
      04-24-2021, 08:10 PM   #3
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Trade for some sick volks?! 😝
      05-13-2021, 11:08 PM   #4
Jive
Lieutenant