BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

10-01-2023, 10:35 PM   #1
Horokiwi_Hori
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hello from too new in NZ

Kudos - thanks to the forum wranglers and contributors alike for providing this community.

I'm in New Zealand and bought my 2013 E92 M3 (White) in June. It's ex UK with 106ks and is 1 of 500, DCT, no EDC.
I've owned Evo1, Evo9, Sigma Turbos, mostly FWD and 4WD cars. I tracked the Evo1 at Manfield and did a 13 sec pass at Meremere in it.
When I bought the M3 I had all the oils and filters changed excluding the DTC and diff.

I'm going to Meremere with the M3 end of this month, and to Manfield in November. I'm planning on doing plugs, thermostat, actuator gears and rocker gaskets this weekend. I'm planning on doing the Rod Bearings and engine mounts over my Xmas break.
I've been looking for tips on here regarding launching. I haven't used LC yet, I've watched a couple of you tubes. I'm worried about the 5K launch so ordered a BPM DCT tune, mainly for the 3500 RPM launch.
I've been reading about DCT overheating so thanks for everyone who offers suggestions here.
I'll post an update after Meremere, until then I'm open to suggestions to make the day as quick as possible!

Meanwhile, I'll keep on thread trawling.

Last edited by Horokiwi_Hori; 10-02-2023 at 12:42 AM.. Reason: edited DTC out.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 04:29 AM   #2
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Keep the dct fluid level in check and everything will be happy with this car. The launch control is good on the DCT but as far as if you want to take it to the strip and do a few passes on it you may want to do some starts with and without launch control, just to see what works best for you. do you still have any evos? in addition to my m3 I also have an x.

Name:  x.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  424.8 KB

Name:  xx.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  444.1 KB

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 1
      10-02-2023, 01:54 PM   #3
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

My browser or pics missing..?
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2023, 05:46 PM   #4
Horokiwi_Hori
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

likes Booost!

I like turbos and two strokes, you obviously like Boost! Love the colour of your Evo. I've sold my Evos. I haven't owned the M3 long enough to enjoy all the fruits on offer, that are so easy to sample in the Evo.
Do you think you are faster on your fav canyon road in the Evo or the M3? I say canyon as we have no real motorways or long straights in NZ. There are a lot of canyon style driving roads here. (I think I know the answer) I'm going to the track and strip so I can hopefully come away impressed. I guess that'll depend on the stopwatch a bit. I bought the M3 as a Grand Tourer and sleeper, so no adding wings for me. Evos do shout "look at me" a bit more than I like these days.
Appreciate 0