BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

04-04-2022, 01:04 PM   #1
Scythe17
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 2010 M3 E93 6 Speed

Garage List
Thumbs down Bomiz Support Brian@Bomizshop.com

After more than a year of struggling with this, and not seeing a single thread about the company, I am finally posting something about the immense problems I have had with Brian@bomizshop.com and Bomiz's support in general. And from what I have read and heard, I am not the only one.

I will try to condense this as much as possible, but... we'll see how that pans out (edit: yep... nope TLDR: Contacted bomiz for broken stuff under warranty, 3rd time got a single response saying they'd replace it, and if they didn't have any of the part they would "make it worth waiting for it", then nothing for over a year and re-contacting about 12 times, on multiple platforms... and it's still broken).

I ordered a Full Bomiz exhaust system after comparing many many different exhaust setups and systems, Bomiz sounded the best to me. I ordered the Full Race Mid section and their Axleback Valvetronic section. So this is a Full Header back system that cost me over 3K all in on 12-23-2020 (this is when they were quite popular with the youtube crowd, Spencer Burke and WetM3 etc.

For one, the install instructions were not correct for the wiring in an e93 and I sent them a message via the contact us system on their website, and never got a response. I figured this out on my own, Not a big deal, I do electronic troubleshooting stuff for a living so using a Multimeter is easy. BTW near the car's battery, the Yellow wire with the Purple stripe is constant 12V with ignition ON, FYI. In the e93 the Yellow wire with Black stripe the Document shows is NOT and will not work. Also I drilled through the bottom plastic of my car to run the wire though a threaded in, watertight PVC piece as well. It has always been bone dry.

So that's one thing but here is the big issue. About 4 months after the install (5 months into the 12 month warranty period) The Driver side valve simply stopped working [about 6-8-2021 via the "confirm your bomiz account" email I received due to needing it to submit a support ticket].

On my car (also Tuned with a Stage 2 for Catless from a well known guy around here ) I rarely had them closed but they worked until one day it just didn't. I visually inspected the crimps, wires, and connectors (they are 2x2 Mini Mate-n-lock [or equivalent] style connectors, I pin these style of connectors at work too and know their weak points like the back of my hand.) Then I decided to open a support ticket after carefully reading the warranty information on their website and it basically said "Don't try to fix it on your own, if you do, no more warranty". I got no response for 2 weeks. So with no other way to contact them, I opened another new support ticket with the following message (blurred personal info):

"Hello Bomiz,
I am still having a problem with my valvetronic axleback system from order #XXXX. I have not yet heard anything back from Bomiz since I contacted previously about 2 weeks ago. The issue is still that the driver side valve is not working at all and is stuck in the "open" position. The passenger side valve still works normally. Any help with this issue would be appreciated. Thank you."

2 days later I received the following email from Brian@bomizstore.com:

"Hi XXXXX,

There isn't much we can do right now until our production is finished. Let me see if I can just snag one side from the guys. If not we'll figure something out and make it at least better for you if you need to wait."

Fair enough, I replied with "Sure thing, thank you." and waited patiently... Till August 19th... When I replied to that same "Sure thing" email with the following:

"Hello,
I have not heard any updates on this so I wanted to check in since I do have another question anyway about the diameter of the pipes in the mid-section near the X-pipe. I have the Bomiz Race X-pipe section there and one of the exhaust clamps broke off the right-angle piece at the weld where the nut tightens against. I had to pull that exhaust clamp off by bending it and was wondering the diameter of the pipe so that I could order a replacement for the time being since it obviously has an exhaust leak there now. I forgot to mention this a while back when I initially created the support ticket but I figured I could have found the information on the pipe diameter to be a bit less elusive (would be nice to see this on the website somewhere but I just could not find it anywhere...) I assume the clamp is under warranty as well but wanted to check in case it isn't so I could get the right size replacement."

Nothing...

A month later on 9-28-21, same email chain:

"Hi Brian,
I wanted to check in on this to see if there are any updates regarding the parts needed to fix my exhaust. I haven't heard anything since the last reply on June 30th. Please let me know if you have any updates.

Thank you."

Since then I started creating new support tickets, and contacting every point of contact at least once listed at the bottom of that initial support email on Facebook once, and on Instagram once, and on the website about 1 a month, sometimes 2 a month near the end. None of which I have the actual message text for because they never replied to them; but they were all polite, way too patient, and not aggressive. At least until the last one which was a bit more assertive, like "Hi, I really need to get in contact with someone about this issue details here I have not had any response in (x months) with Brian@bomizshop.com and have only a few weeks left on my warranty, I would like to have some sort of response to ensure this will not affect me getting the parts that should have been covered, and still under warranty for several months. Please Respond as my warranty is about to expire and my system has been not working for over 7 months now."

In the end... Its still broken to this day and I still need to get an exhaust clamp there I just keep forgetting because it doesn't leak anyway...

Added info: This is also such a shame because I love the sound of this system on the E93 with the 6-speed. It is the deepest sounding one I have heard, and It really only has minor "drone" at 70-73 and at idle its not "loud" but you can tell its running. With the valves (when they worked) closed it is mind-blowingly quiet. It's actually insane just how quiet it is. With it open though it is REALLY rowdy, My buddies say its deafeningly loud but I disagree a bit, it's nothing like a 700+hp Nitrous Chevy classic. But boy it is loud with the top down in a tunnel and sounds AWESOME, and below 2750rpm even open, doesn't turn the cops heads. Of course I have no clue why there are cops on the race course though but that tiny amount of drone doesn't bother me at all because it isn't the kind of drone that gives you a headache, I take long trips in this thing (400-600 miles) and It is completely tolerable to me and my passengers. (I'm used to 9 second Small/Big block Chevy's with open headers though so... take that as you will. I like loud, deep, gritty, rumble to a V8 not the Higher pitched mechanical scream some people prefer from these cars).

Last edited by Scythe17; 04-04-2022 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Unfortunate truth about the system itself.
Appreciate 1
      04-04-2022, 06:26 PM   #2
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Sorry to hear about your experience with Bomiz. Are the valves themselves vacuum or electronic operated? Electronic valves are well known to fail, stick with vacuum if you have an option. Also have u tried just lubricating the hinge?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 12:34 PM   #3
Scythe17
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Sorry to hear about your experience with Bomiz. Are the valves themselves vacuum or electronic operated? Electronic valves are well known to fail, stick with vacuum if you have an option. Also have u tried just lubricating the hinge?
Unfortunately they are electronic. None of the Vacuum operated systems sounded the way I wanted. I knew it would eventually fail but after maybe 20 total uses I figured it would probably be ok... I have tried physically pushing on the valve while opening and closing to see if maybe it was just seized up but it does not even try to move. It is likely either the wire is bad, or the electric motor is dead (which I kind of doubt because the other is still working just fine). I will likely be pulling it out and doing some digging to find the supplier of the motor to buy and install a replacement at this point. In that case it is likely I could even find a more reliable replacement.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 06:46 PM   #4
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Yeah the electronic valves are known to be problematic and don't last. Hope you get your problem sorted out. Sucks that Bomiz won't provide aftersales support. Have you tried taking it to their social media?
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 10:28 PM   #5
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4.4L M3, IS300

Quote:
Yeah the electronic valves are known to be problematic and don't last. Hope you get your problem sorted out. Sucks that Bomiz won't provide aftersales support. Have you tried taking it to their social media?
well out side of bomiz... if you look hard enough you can find the exact same electronic valve
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2022, 11:36 PM   #6
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

if all a company has to do is drop ship exhausts off alibaba, you'd think they would at least have good customer service

sorry to hear about this
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 03:03 AM   #7
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgzirra_exe View Post
well out side of bomiz... if you look hard enough you can find the exact same electronic valve
Yeah I know. And vacuum valves too. But that's not the point.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2022, 02:42 PM   #8
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I know. And vacuum valves too. But that's not the point.
i know :P
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2022, 04:49 PM   #9
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Geez Scythe17, really empathize with lengthy, frustrating, experiences both product & customer support.

From what I've gathered, Brian is 'a-one-man-show'.
So likely there's little to no supporting service aside from shipping fulfillment. In these cases, many times once payment is collected ==> fall to bottom of priorities list. Similar results for emailed requests...

Purchased the cat-del Sport X-pipe w/quad resonators in Apr.
Installed, but it's really 'static SS pieces' mated my RPI axle back muffler [w/o mechanical or electronics].

Impressions:
  • Build quality & mat'ls - Solid
  • Sound - Outstanding, unique, no rsap, 'bassy flavor'
  • Fitment - Issue with O2 sensors positioning obstructs the under tray assembling properly. May have to leave off, not desirable.
> Anyone else see similar fitment issues with Bomiz or other AM X-pipe installs?

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 04:56 PM   #10
Scythe17
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If you know what it is, please... do tell haha!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 04:59 PM   #11
Scythe17
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinjoe64 View Post
Geez Scythe17, really empathize with lengthy, frustrating, experiences both product & customer support.

From what I've gathered, Brian is 'a-one-man-show'.
So likely there's little to no supporting service aside from shipping fulfillment. In these cases, many times once payment is collected ==> fall to bottom of priorities list. Similar results for emailed requests...

Purchased the cat-del Sport X-pipe w/quad resonators in Apr.
Installed, but it's really 'static SS pieces' mated my RPI axle back muffler [w/o mechanical or electronics].

Impressions:
  • Build quality & mat'ls - Solid
  • Sound - Outstanding, unique, no rsap, 'bassy flavor'
  • Fitment - Issue with O2 sensors positioning obstructs the under tray assembling properly. May have to leave off, not desirable.
> Anyone else see similar fitment issues with Bomiz or other AM X-pipe installs?
Yeah the build is beautiful and the welds are top notch. And I agree you basically have to smash the o2 sensors against the wall of that thing, they'll go... they just aren't happy about it haha! And the sound is really nice. It's so unfortunate that the service is so crap...
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2022, 09:17 PM   #12
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scythe17 View Post
If you know what it is, please... do tell haha!
but how am I going to prey on all the bomiz and valvetronic owners... haha ill send u a link when I can sit down and look for it again.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2022, 01:30 PM   #13
nah dude
Pingu
Rep
Drives: White V8 Sedan Car

why do people keep buying these alibaba exhausts? is it just the youtube/insta hype or something? never before would people hype up putting some chinese parts on these cars.
Appreciate 2
TboneS541041.50
      06-24-2022, 01:17 PM   #14
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by noneedlessnoise View Post
why do people keep buying these alibaba exhausts? is it just the youtube/insta hype or something? never before would people hype up putting some chinese parts on these cars.
Uninformed and naive to believe ALL BMW OE parts are made in Germany.
It's a business...BMW like all other manufacturers source and assemble Globally.
Yes, from China as well.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-24-2022, 08:02 PM   #15
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

Everything is made in China, including your original Brembo and AP Racing calipers, on the same manufacturing line as the knockoffs.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 01:35 PM   #16
nah dude
Pingu
Rep
Drives: White V8 Sedan Car

Quote:
Everything is made in China, including your original Brembo and AP Racing calipers, on the same manufacturing line as the knockoffs.
Okay. Brembo and AP are also established name brands with active QC and customer service to back up their product. Bomiz is not. They're selling a rebranded alibaba product for more money with no value added other than some instagram hype. Tell me you'd really buy the Bomiz full system for 6 grand instead of an iPE or an Akra?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 06:21 PM   #17
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep

I'd buy it from Alibaba and skip the Bomiz markup. Probably same crap support, so why pay more? Lol
Appreciate 1
nah dude237.00
      01-02-2024, 10:46 PM   #18
Quinticus
Rep
Drives: 440i m240i

You know, everyone keeps saying its a knockoff. but i have yet to hear a single knockoff that sounds anything like this exhaust. Not. One
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2024, 07:43 AM   #19
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinticus View Post
You know, everyone keeps saying its a knockoff. but i have yet to hear a single knockoff that sounds anything like this exhaust. Not. One
imo they all sound the same, like crap.

loud, obnoxious, very unrefined sound.
Not my cup of tea.

Last edited by tdott; 01-03-2024 at 07:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
sparayno1182.50
      02-06-2024, 08:58 PM   #20
CaseyM3
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 E92

Quote:
Can someone please provide the link to the same receiver and remotes for this exhaust outside of Bomiz?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 04:32 PM   #21
omgzirra_exe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyM3 View Post
Can someone please provide the link to the same receiver and remotes for this exhaust outside of Bomiz?
https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...21a53d56VxwxNh

verify sizing.
Appreciate 0