BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

Mporium BMW

07-04-2010, 10:55 PM   #23
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitCake View Post
that looks absolutely amazing

shame on the rims
I could say the same thing about the GTR, shame on the wing....

Flaws aside, both cars look quite stunning though.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 12:54 AM   #24
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: one old Mcar

Here is a 2011 911 Turbo S getting our Satin Guard

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #25
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

Here's some information on Satin Guard:

1. Product has undergone rigorous testing since September 2009
2. Product R&D completed as of March 2010 and approved by Premier for our customers
3. Satin Guard is 8 mils thick (there are imitations on the market at only 4-5 mils thick) that will protect the paint like paint protection film (aka clear bra). Traditional vinyl is only 1.5-2 mils thick
4. Satin Coated urethane not only enhances the aesthetics of the protective coating, but is designed to absorb impact from road debris
5. Satin clearcoat makes for cleaning a simple process (just wash and apply approved protectant)
6. Oils, tar, and road debris that typically can easily stain clear bras, will not do so on our Satin Guard - this was our main concern when developing this product. We made sure the Satin clear coat was durable enough to last.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #26
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Very cool! I am curious to see a metallic car with this film. It must take away from the metallic a bit. I am a big fan of the added thickness though.

GTS
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 08:40 AM   #27
GBX
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 997.1 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
Very cool! I am curious to see a metallic car with this film. It must take away from the metallic a bit. I am a big fan of the added thickness though.
i think that's part of the point with this film. It seems to give any paint more of a matte look.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:09 AM   #28
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

If it's that much thicker, what's an estimate of how much all of this would weigh?
      07-25-2010, 05:50 PM   #29
BIMMERENTHUSIAST
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3

WOOOAH! that is awesome i would love to get that on my E46 M3! The finish looks a bit like a matte paint but still no air bubbles or nothing + no worries! Do you have anyone in Florida doing this?
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #30
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIMMERENTHUSIAST View Post
WOOOAH! that is awesome i would love to get that on my E46 M3! The finish looks a bit like a matte paint but still no air bubbles or nothing + no worries! Do you have anyone in Florida doing this?
We do have a potential dealer in Oralndo, FL. Will post up the company's info as soon as we confirm them as a dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 05:38 PM   #31
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

1. Satin Guard™ is a truly unique product that is designed with satin metal flakes embedded in the clear coat of the film. In direct sunlight or outdoors, this effect would be easily seen (as shown in the last few photos above)

2. Satin Guard™is 3-4 times thicker than traditional matted vinyl. There is a significant difference in quality and durability of the product.

3. We have accelerated UV testing in the lab to equate to 5 years of full exposure to ultraviolet rays without affecting the finish

4. Satin Guard™ is designed to aesthetically enhance existing paint without compromise. It will also protect the paint like traditional paint protection film (aka clear bra). Video of product performance compared to matted vinyls and other so called "satin" products will be up in 1-2 weeks

5. Satin Guard's adhesives are desgined to be well under the pull-limits of OEM paint. Removal of product at a later date will not damage OEM paint.

For those interested in purchasing our Satin Guard, please contact us at 510-623-1308 or by email - david@premiermobilegroup.com With current product backorder, please call ahead to place order as we are running 1 new batch every week.

Satin Guard™ is currently available in the following states and country:

Fremont, CA (Premier facility)
Orange, CA (Premier facility)
Orlando, FL (Dealer)
China (Premier facility and distributor)

*Interested in carrying Satin Guard™ as a dealer, please contact david@premiermobilegroup.com
*Premier is also looking for distributors abroad. Please contact wilson@premiermobilegroup.com
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2010, 06:22 PM   #32
Dengel
Non-Guido Jersey Resident
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slow Jeep Rubicon

do you guys have any pics on a white car? I would love to do this
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 12:23 AM   #33
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengel View Post
do you guys have any pics on a white car? I would love to do this
Not yet, but will soon!!! Subscribe to this thread to get photos update!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 04:25 AM   #34
Trier Germany
Banned
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: 2009 E-90 M3 space gray

Any PICS with SPace gray?
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2010, 12:07 PM   #35
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

Nothing for space grey yet, but we will update periodically.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #36
Detailers Domain
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M2C / 22 X3MC

good to see you guys here! did you get the package I sent?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 01:49 PM   #37
wp326
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Dude, I notice your location is in Fremont.
Do you have the film in Fremont? PM for the materials and install.

it seems easy to wash/clean

Also, any warranty? have you experienced any rock chips, etc?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2010, 09:53 PM   #38
leeor
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Blue Prius III

i tried contacting u guys regarding this, no one knew what i was talking about on the phone.

can you please PM me info, really interested. thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #39
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

For those interested in obtaining pricing please contact the facility closest to you to set up a consultation for Satin Guard™. The consult would take approximately 15 minutes and the vehicle is required to be brought in for this appointment. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 07:40 AM   #40
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Question on the film as compared to Venture Shield: is this new product thicker than Venture Shield? I have a 2009 Jet Black M3 which was treated with VS and is really indistinguishable from the original underlying finish from most viewing angles. I have an Azurite Black X5 on order and am wondering if you can elaborate on how this satin finish will enhance the paint's appearance? Will it any way affect the lustre/brightness/intensity of the vehicle once detailed?

Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 10:24 AM   #41
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Question on the film as compared to Venture Shield: is this new product thicker than Venture Shield? I have a 2009 Jet Black M3 which was treated with VS and is really indistinguishable from the original underlying finish from most viewing angles. I have an Azurite Black X5 on order and am wondering if you can elaborate on how this satin finish will enhance the paint's appearance? Will it any way affect the lustre/brightness/intensity of the vehicle once detailed?

Thank you.
This is a completely different product in terms of aesthetics to traditional paint protection film by Venture, 3m, and the other variants. The product offers a satin finish to the paint and does take away the gloss. For those interested in purchasing a small piece of film so that you can apply it and see how it looks on your paint, please contact us at 510-623-1308. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 11:29 AM   #42
2thdr
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: '18 Macan GTS/'18 GT3/''21 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Protective Films View Post
This is a completely different product in terms of aesthetics to traditional paint protection film by Venture, 3m, and the other variants. The product offers a satin finish to the paint and does take away the gloss. For those interested in purchasing a small piece of film so that you can apply it and see how it looks on your paint, please contact us at 510-623-1308. Thanks!
Thanks for the quick response. THis reminds me of the satin chrome finish that was used by BMW on the e46 M3 when it first debuted. Would you say that this product will come into its own with gray/silver finishes more than any other? It seems that the pics of the GTR and the Porsche reflect that. Any chance that it could be made available in a clear finish for those of us that may want to maintain the glossiness of our vehicle's finish? The 8mils is very appealing.

Last edited by 2thdr; 08-07-2010 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: 8mm to 8mils...lol. Nice and thick film.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2010, 12:01 PM   #43
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2thdr View Post
Thanks for the quick response. THis reminds me of the satin chrome finish that was used by BMW on the e46 M3 when it first debuted. Would you say that this product will come into its own with gray/silver finishes more than any other? It seems that the pics of the GTR and the Porsche reflect that. Any chance that it could be made available in a clear finish for those of us that may want to maintain the glossiness of our vehicle's finish? The 8mm is very appealing.
It seems what you are looking for would be the traditional clear bras, which have been on the market for 13+ years. Just look for local "clear bra" installers. As for the product itself, it is 8mils, not 8mm. good luck
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2010, 11:40 AM   #44
Premier Protective Films
Lieutenant
Rep

Here are some photos of this fully wrapped Turbo S in our Satin Guard protective film. Photos were taken at a Cisco Car Show

Appreciate 0