BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

04-05-2016, 03:20 AM   #1
Umi|all|day
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 SS M3 E92

Warning Jerez Black E92

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5520570516.html

This car has been thru 3 different owners in matter of 6 months.. The guy who was selling it along time ago is Russian. What they usually do is get cars off salvage biddings for a cheap price and fix it even cheaper and put it back on the lot for a greater profit? How do I know this? I looked at 3 BMW with either rebuilt or salvage title. The first one was 10 335i this cars engine failed as I was test driving it. Not the cars fault, who ever fixed it had a cheap thermostat and bad head gasket which made it fail. The second time was a 2012 328i m-sport, the guy seemed nice he only owned it for 3 months which was kinda weird why he was selling it but it looked good.. When I said I'm taking it to BMW for the last check up he said "ok but u pay if anything wrong anyways" then I got a little nervous.. The car had unrepaieble frame damage. Phew another save. The 3rd one was a 2012 Comp Pckg e92 m3 at Portland. Same exact problem like the 328i. I was so mad! And yes all three of them were Russian/Ukraine. ANYWAYS if you are gonna look at this car do your research ask as many questions and take it in to BMW...
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 03:24 AM   #2
Umi|all|day
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 SS M3 E92

Wow dang.. What a terrible Novel I put up for you guys. Sorry barely awake!😂😂
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 08:16 AM   #3
BimmerRookie
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 Cavalier Z24 M3

The car looks really beat up! The seats are really stretched and wrinkled, steering wheel super worn, and center console discolored. I've got 60k on mine and looks way better than that....
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 08:18 AM   #4
kb9uwu
Supreme Czar
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E90 M3 6MT (GONE)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umi_All_Day View Post
https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/5520570516.html

This car has been thru 3 different owners in matter of 6 months.. The guy who was selling it along time ago is Russian. What they usually do is get cars off salvage biddings for a cheap price and fix it even cheaper and put it back on the lot for a greater profit? How do I know this? I looked at 3 BMW with either rebuilt or salvage title. The first one was 10 335i this cars engine failed as I was test driving it. Not the cars fault, who ever fixed it had a cheap thermostat and bad head gasket which made it fail. The second time was a 2012 328i m-sport, the guy seemed nice he only owned it for 3 months which was kinda weird why he was selling it but it looked good.. When I said I'm taking it to BMW for the last check up he said "ok but u pay if anything wrong anyways" then I got a little nervous.. The car had unrepaieble frame damage. Phew another save. The 3rd one was a 2012 Comp Pckg e92 m3 at Portland. Same exact problem like the 328i. I was so mad! And yes all three of them were Russian/Ukraine. ANYWAYS if you are gonna look at this car do your research ask as many questions and take it in to BMW...
tl;dr
Appreciate 0