BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #23
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker1 View Post
Didn't expect that kind of silly, immature statement from a gold level sponsor
just because we own an M "we've got to pay to play"
come on man you were kidding right.
LOL. We're talking about Jlevi here. This type of behavior is par for the course for them. Reason #1 that they will never receive a dime of my hard earned $.
      01-12-2010, 03:35 PM   #24
stryker1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 M3 silverstone

^^LOUD AND CLEAR kandaddy, i think jlevi didn't think before he wrote that,
or didn't think his statement was going to be that inflammatory.
foot in mouth
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #25
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

idk what you guys are saying that just because someone makes a cheaper product then it's not as good as the same thing for double the price... its not like you are using better carbon fiber or anything... i would understand to charge vorsteiner price if it was made out of some special carbon fiber that is double as good as "other brand" carbon fiber, but thats not the case. My VRS Rep from JLMotoring fits better than an authentic vorsteiner peice that i saw on one of my customers' Car!!
Appreciate 0
      01-13-2010, 08:29 AM   #26
ScheerSpeed
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 Estoril M-Sport 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Jlevi SW View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself. Your driving a M-car, gotta pay to play.

only reason im driving an M3 is because i pay less for it than my mom's 328i... so go figure...
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2010, 11:59 PM   #27
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

So, I really hate replica parts, for the most part. What happens is that someone spends their time and money putting out parts for the community at a price point at which they can make money. Unfortunately, the cost to design and test a part is a LOT more than just copying it in a mold in Taiwan. This sucks for the original guy making the part, because now he has a part that is being undercut because someone stole the design off of him. Happens all the time with performance parts.

That said... the R&D required to make a front bumper lip vs a header or an exhaust is totally different. Front lips... I think many companies are greedy with front lips, knowing people will pay 1000% markups on them. Same with other aerodynamic parts, that aren't actually functional. I mean, these aren't wind tunnel tested parts, they are bolted on, driven to make sure they don't fall off, and they are called good.

Still though, the more designs get ripped off, the fewer original designs you're going to end up with. I know that a header company I worked with long ago put out a reasonably priced header, only to have OBX copy it exhaust, slap it together in a Robotic TIG welding facility in malaysia with child labor, and sell it for 1/3 the cost. Sure, 10-15% of them from OBX didn't fit or had bad welds, etc, but the market didn't care, and the header company went out of business. Sucks, because it's not like the copy cat was putting any more research into the car, they were just spitting out cheap parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2010, 11:32 AM   #28
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by John@BMW View Post
It has been 2 years and still no affordable rear diffuser for the e90 M3. Am I the only one that is kinda shocked about that?

There seem to be a million different kinds of CF rear diffusers for the coupe at affordable prices ~/<500 dollars....

There are maybe 2 or 3 diffusers for the e90 m3 and they all cost way too much- $900+ hell, there are more carbon fiber trunks for the e90 than rear diffusers and the trunks cost the same if not less!

you thoughts?

If someone came out with a 350-450 dollar diffuser for the e90 m3, they would be rich......

[/mildvent]
good point
Appreciate 0