BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #1
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

Arrow Another Exhaust thread (UPDATE: Innotech + Gintani)

Hope this helps make up your mind...

Setups I have gone through:

Latest: Gintani Catless X-pipe + Innotech

1. Stock Muffler + Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ 2 Resonators

>>>

>>>

My thoughts: Gintani X-pipe makes amazing power, great build quality!! I refuse to get rid of my x-pipe i love it!

2. Gintani Race + Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ 2 Resonators (Will post once find the vid)
My thoughts: Great build quality and def great gains!!

3. Gintani Race + Stock X/H-Pipe (Will post once find the vid)
My thoughts: Sounds amazing for someone who wants to bring out the animal!

4. Meisterschaft GTS + Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ 2 Resonators

>>>

>>>

>>>

My thoughts: Big Mistake, personally i think the build quality of this system is poor! TOOO LOUD, DRONES TOOO MUCH

5. Active Autowerks Signature + Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ 2 Resonators

>>>

>>>

>>>

My thoughts: Great build quality got compliments left and right got pulled over a few times which made me take it off.

6. Active Autowerks Signature + Stock X/H-Pipe (VS. Bastuck + Stock X/H-Pipe)

>>>

My thoughts: Took off the x-pipe for fun. Great sound for someone who wants slip on only. But it def drones!!!!!!

7. Akrapovic slip on + Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ 2 Resonators (VS. Meisterschaft GTS + Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ 4 Resonators)

>>>

Will make some more vids and update...

My thoughts: Amazing build quality! Have had it on for one day now I like it s lot compared to the GT4 system, paired with the Gintani X-pipe its def not as raspy! Nice mix of a deep tone + TI rasp DRONE IS MINIMAL I AM LOVING IT, Finally get to use the 7th gear

I love pushing my car and with the new system I feel I can do that without attracting too much attention!!

Last edited by baarii; 12-11-2011 at 01:17 PM.. Reason: Fix vids
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #2
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Did you ever do the Bastuck with the Gintani X-pipe?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 12:27 PM   #3
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Did you ever do the Bastuck with the Gintani X-pipe?
No. That was my car with AA and a friends with the Bastuck, there is hardly any drone on the Bastuck.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 12:55 PM   #4
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Thank you to David @ EAS for the Akra! Great service.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 02:55 PM   #5
tightie
JOSH SHOKRI.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3RS, 964, Raptor

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [7.90]
I'm running the same set up... By far my favorite setup and I've been through about 5 or 6 exhaust setups already.
      11-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #6
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tightie View Post
I'm running the same set up... By far my favorite setup and I've been through about 5 or 6 exhaust setups already.
+1

Ya I keep hearing about your car from Jeremy all the time. I think he asked you too if you were selling yours or somethign lol.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
BT M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

Thanks for the great post!

Can you help me with these questions:

Is there a sound or drone difference in the 2 vs. 4 resonator gintani X pipes?

Does the stock pipe drone more then the gintani X from your experience (as you said in your slip on post above)?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #8
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT M3 View Post
Thanks for the great post!

Can you help me with these questions:

Is there a sound or drone difference in the 2 vs. 4 resonator gintani X pipes?

Does the stock pipe drone more then the gintani X from your experience (as you said in your slip on post above)?

Thanks in advance.

Stock system is the best when it comes to no drone its also the most restrictive!
That said, I kept changing my mufflers because of drone, when I had the Gintani x-pipe with the stock muffler there wasnt any drone. IMHO i dont think the gintani x-pipe drones (keep in mind mine is catless). I think if you add more resonators it will eliminate raspyness. I am pretty happy with the new setup, before last night I wasnt even using my 7th gear because of drone. But now I can!!!
I might (just for fun) switch the cat delete section with Cpt_mo_703 (Red m3 in the vids) His cat delete section has resonators. If I do i will def make a vid and post it.

Gintani is Def the way to go! Depending on what muffler you get pick the # of resonators!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #9
BT M3
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3

My question was under #6 you said the slip on with stock x definitely drones, while with the gintani pipe it does not drone as much? That is what I am trying to figure out

"My thoughts: Took off the x-pipe for fun. Great sound for someone who wants slip on only. But it def drones!!!!!!
"
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #10
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BT M3 View Post
My question was under #6 you said the slip on with stock x definitely drones, while with the gintani pipe it does not drone as much? That is what I am trying to figure out

"My thoughts: Took off the x-pipe for fun. Great sound for someone who wants slip on only. But it def drones!!!!!!
"
The AA muffler drones either withe the stock x/h-pipe or the Gintani x-pipe!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 08:44 AM   #11
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

Nice, what did you do with AA?
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #12
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarii View Post
The AA muffler drones either withe the stock x/h-pipe or the Gintani x-pipe!
It's interesting that you say the AA drones... there are a ton of posts on here that say it is one of the more drone free exhausts.

It looks like the only reliable, drone free, options are the Akra, Dinan, UUC Corsa and Bastuk. As much as I hate to spend the money on the Akra, it really does look like the best blend of looks, sound and quality that is drone free. The UUC Corsa looks bad (IMO) and the Dinan exhaust is black (not my taste) and only has 2 active pipes. Oh well... I guess it's only money
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 02:18 PM   #13
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgolfdr View Post
Nice, what did you do with AA?
I'll PM you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
It's interesting that you say the AA drones... there are a ton of posts on here that say it is one of the more drone free exhausts.

It looks like the only reliable, drone free, options are the Akra, Dinan, UUC Corsa and Bastuk. As much as I hate to spend the money on the Akra, it really does look like the best blend of looks, sound and quality that is drone free. The UUC Corsa looks bad (IMO) and the Dinan exhaust is black (not my taste) and only has 2 active pipes. Oh well... I guess it's only money
Dont get me wrong..I am not hating on the AA, I got at least one complement everytime I drove the car!
Most members here have not gone through 3-7 setups with this car.. there are a few exhaust whores here who got to.. I was lucky enough to compare a few systems/setups, AA being one of them.
With the Meisterschaft GTS (Being the extreme), Conversations are not possible. AA (Somewhere in the middle) was not bad for conversations but will get to you after a bit. Akra is def the best in that area from all the systems i tried.
Again this is my opinion based on my experience.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 06:39 PM   #14
dcgolfdr
Wheelsucker
United_States
Rep
Drives: Truck

For anyone interested the Bastuck will be up for sale soon.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #15
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post

The Bastuck build quality is EXCELLENT. It could easily be EOM, but with good asthetics vs. the bland OEM looks. The tips are better looking than the Akra IMO. The Akra is obviously titanium and weighs a LOT less.
The B&B is another potential exhaust that doesn't drone, at least that's what one owner said, but I've never heard it in person while cruising. It sounds SICK around a track.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."

Last edited by aus; 11-27-2010 at 07:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 01:17 PM   #16
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep

New teaser vid
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
L4ces
Major