BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-03-2018, 09:17 AM   #45
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

You guys and gal rock lol. Funny, we thought you were trolling all of us at first. Sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. Well you rock Angy, good work on getting done what was right.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 03:01 PM   #46
angy
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 MT

I'm too damn gullible. So much for happy endings.. the owner isn't answering when I call now and has the shop call me instead. They offered to pay for half of the repair if I have someone else do it.. and all of it if I let them. (not happening). Didn't add in what I've already paid to BMW... who they basically said were lying about the amount of oil drained.

So talked to attorney.. he suggested I find a BMW technician .. as in someone in the engineering group in Germany who would be considered an "expert". Because he said they should know what double the oil would do to the car and can give recommendation on what to replace/repair to head off any future issues. He said that would be hard to dispute if we end up in court.

Grrrreeeaaaat. I'd bet that phone number is easy to find.. and I'm sure they'd be happy to take the time to help some random ass person with info needed to fix their 10 year old car, that may or may not have problems in the future, at a shop in some small southern US town that I"m sure no one in Germany has even heard of.. for recouping less than a few grand to cover something as stupid as not draining the oil.

.... right??

He said either that or fix my VCG and sell the car and let someone else deal with what ever happens in the future.

I'm not selling my car. Do any of you speak German?

So it continues I guess... but if nothing else, when someone posts a worried question about 1/2 qt of oil too much in their car you can tell them about this to ease their mind a little ! hehee
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2018, 03:34 PM   #47
monterey
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I think our cars actually use bottles to fill and not pumped in by a filling machine.
Appreciate 1
angy29.50
      07-19-2018, 03:48 PM   #48
msan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 / 2012 X5 35i M Sp

I am not an attorney but I would think a US based ASE certified mechanic who specializes in BMWs would suffice for a small lawsuit such as this.

Maybe this helps ?

https://www.experts.com/Expert-Witne...ies/Automotive
Appreciate 1
angy29.50
      07-19-2018, 04:25 PM   #49
Ginlaan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92

Happened to my m3 they only drained the first pan not the second. It had 18 in and I drove approx 20 miles. I knew right away something was wrong. Idle was rough and a vibration at cruise speed. I had weaping valve cover gaskets before it happened and neither got worse. The run ability was being caused by the timing which was confused since the pressure was too high and that was causing the timing to change slightly. Being in the garage industry myself I could defitiantly see this happening easily at a shop that doesn’t usually work on these type of cars. Just got done at a private track session and car was flawless. 08 with 132k and original bearings still.

I know it’s not a expert opinion but the size of this engine internally I bet you could put 30 quarts in it before it ever got to the top of the engine with out being pumped up. I wouldn’t advise that but if so that would explain why neither of us went pop like a small 4 cylinder would of. I also have a 2 qrt catch can that was only half filled when emptyied which sort of tells me there was still plenty of room for oil pressure expansion. But yea I could be complety wrong and it blows up tomorrow. You never know. With out damage you would be hard pressed to win this in court. At best you will win triple damages on a small claim and a lawyer can not represent you in small claims.

Last edited by Ginlaan; 07-19-2018 at 04:38 PM..
Appreciate 1
angy29.50
      10-01-2018, 10:51 PM   #50
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

What was the final outcome Angy?
Appreciate 0