BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Redline360

03-03-2018, 06:05 PM   #45
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
What?.... What?

People in blue states make more per capita and pay more taxes. That is not an opinion or a point of view.

On average they are also better educated and are less likely to rely on government programs.

You can think we are ungodly (which I proudly am) but we still make more and take less as individuals.
I just placed a diagram up that shows income by political affiliation and you are talking about how much the states take in. What you are missing is from whom they bring in the taxes. Clearly statistics isn't your forte.

I'm out.

@[Nyet. Not Russian Hacker](contact:368080)
Ask me hacker question. Hacker question I get answer.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 06:16 PM   #46
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 XD 335 - 6M as god intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
I just placed a diagram up that shows income by political affiliation and you are talking about how much the states take in. What you are missing is from whom they bring in the taxes. Clearly statistics isn't your forte.

I'm out.
The diagram you posted did not show up on my phone. Looking at it now.

Pew, which is not trying to slat the results (like the editorial you liked to at ultra right wing IBD) calls it even, but has the largest group of wealthy as independent.

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/...tailed-tables/

Edit: Still trying to figure out how an opinion piece that takes 5 cities out of the country somehow proves your point. The graph is completely meaningless, post a link to the source data.

Last edited by El Conquistador; 03-03-2018 at 06:32 PM.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2018, 07:12 PM   #47
RABAUKE
Rear Admiral
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

I just want to thank you folks for having a civli political debate. I think it's clear that we differ a number of positions but that there is actually a middle ground that I think we can agree.....society (liberal and conservative) are at a cross roads, if we take the extremes out of the equation could tidy this mess up..... I think I identify as a small c Conservative, I want fiscal conservativism out of government but lets treat the less fortunate with dignity. (I could type a book on this but my cat is sitting on my keyboard now). So I'll cut this a bit short by quoting Rodney King "Why can't we all just get along".....seriously, if we take the extreme right and left out of equation are small "L" liberals and small "c" conservatives that far apart?

Oh and just to prove my point I've attached a pic of Rose sitting on my lap typing this note....she's confused....thinks she's a dog....
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
Zugzwang502.00
MKSixer7847.00

03-04-2018, 12:23 AM   #48
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
The diagram you posted did not show up on my phone. Looking at it now.

Pew, which is not trying to slat the results (like the editorial you liked to at ultra right wing IBD) calls it even, but has the largest group of wealthy as independent.

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/...tailed-tables/

Edit: Still trying to figure out how an opinion piece that takes 5 cities out of the country somehow proves your point. The graph is completely meaningless, post a link to the source data.
Ok. I'll play for a few seconds. Here is the datasource:

https://rstudio-pubs-static.s3.amazo...0960a5cf5.html

IBD is not ultra right wing. If you think it is, you are clearly ultra left wing. IBD and the LA Times were the only polls that accurately picked the winner of the latest presidential election. They tend to be far less biased than CNN, MSNBC, and broadcast networks.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 02:15 AM   #49
El Conquistador
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 14 XD 335 - 6M as god intended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Ok. I'll play for a few seconds. Here is the datasource:

https://rstudio-pubs-static.s3.amazo...0960a5cf5.html

IBD is not ultra right wing. If you think it is, you are clearly ultra left wing. IBD and the LA Times were the only polls that accurately picked the winner of the latest presidential election. They tend to be far less biased than CNN, MSNBC, and broadcast networks.
IBD has selected a place to the right of the WSJ. Like the WSJ they can provide accurate reporting but the Journal's editorial board is very conservative, IBDs is conspiratorially so.

Getting the election correct is meaningless and actually shows bias. No polling showed Trump would win and plenty of academics have performed post mortems justifying the pre-election projections, there was the biggest October Surprise 10 days before the election in the form of the Comey letter that did not get picked up in the polling. Funny that the Republican that handed Trump the election is now somehow part of the liberal deep state.

BTW, that study you reference uses cumulative data from 1972:to 2012. You might as well have said Lincoln was a rich Republican.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 09:10 AM   #50
MKSixer
Brigadier General
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Quote:
IBD has selected a place to the right of the WSJ. Like the WSJ they can provide accurate reporting but the Journal's editorial board is very conservative, IBDs is conspiratorially so.

Getting the election correct is meaningless and actually shows bias. No polling showed Trump would win and plenty of academics have performed post mortems justifying the pre-election projections, there was the biggest October Surprise 10 days before the election in the form of the Comey letter that did not get picked up in the polling. Funny that the Republican that handed Trump the election is now somehow part of the liberal deep state.

BTW, that study you reference uses cumulative data from 1972:to 2012. You might as well have said Lincoln was a rich Republican.
Annnnnnnd you addressed nothing of what I said. Please, continue to live in your fantasy land and I will continue to live in my data driven life.

Appreciate 0
      03-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #51
mecheng77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i JBlk , Volvo S70 T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I am not impressed with the headlines from this new budget. I see the budget still hasn't "balanced" itself, and they are now agreeing they lied about eliminating the deficit by 2019 and will instead run deficits all the way.

My comments on the headlines:

1. They want to create a plan that pays for pharmaceuticals for all Canadians (it appears).
My comment - NO. Just NO. They don't even know what this is going to cost. Nor do I. But there's a heck of a lot of people on drugs. This is going to bury my children in debt they will never ever get out of.

2. They are spending $3M on some "gender pay transparency" to hold those lagging behind to account
My comment: What in the frick is this? How? What will they do to those "lagging behind". This isn't going to work. Thanks for wasting another $3M Turdeau.

3. $86-$100M to prevent violence against women
My comment - ok, I have no problem with this admittedly. As long as it is effective and actually makes a difference.

4. $231M to fight an opioid crisis
My comment: Why? Why do I have to pay for people who choose to do illegal things and then reap the rewards from doing so? If they're not harming anyone else, then let them alone.

5. No mention of anything that will be done if NAFTA goes belly up or in regards to the US drastic tax reductions.
My comment: Oh bravo. Wonderful move, you trust fund quack.

And Eric Hoskins resigned yesterday as Health Minister (after going to war on doctors and doing a large degree of harm in my opinion) which I was initially happy to see, but I see today he will now spearhead the consultation on how to create this new national program to pay for everyone's pharmaceutical drugs. Just great.
Well said. The budget does nothing for small business, it is focused
On virtue signalling. Haven't we already dispelled gender pay gap?
Woman and men gravitate towards different jobs
Appreciate 0