BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

11-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #1
icanturn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 m3

*PLEASE HELP* e90 m3 no sound passenger side.

Hi Guys. I need some help. I just picked up my first e90 m3 a few days ago but im having an issue.

The passenger side speakers dont work. It has the individual audio package. I replaced the amp and it fixed it for a few minutes, then stopped working again. So this tells me the speakers are fine.
The MOST fiberoptic system seems to be working fine. I can bind my phone to the car, and the red light at the most bus is working. In the trunk, the amp, TCU, and bluetooth module all have the red light from the optic cable. So we are good there.

The passenger subwoofer under the seat faintly crackles when I turn the volume up and balance all the way to the passenger side. Other than that, nothing, not even the center speaker in the dash.

When I unplug the termination loop from under the dash, the SOS warning comes up, I loose sound from drivers side speakers, door chime failure, and loss of volume/idrive controls.

I need your help. I suspect there is a short somewhere. But im not sure what to do.
Appreciate 0