BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

09-22-2012, 05:26 AM   #23
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

--Update only 1 spot open as of 21 Oct in the intensive drivers clinic.

Having "grown up" with the BMW CCA family in the states I noticed there is a need for a club that is less exclusionary and offers more for its members.

The main problems I have with the existing clubs are:

1. There isn't something local for Bavaria which is sad because its the B in BMW.

2. There isn't something for all BMW fanatics. M cars are great, but I want something for all car people to be able to participate in. Even BMW CCA doesn't require you to own a BMW to join. I want a club that is open to everyone. However since BMW's are so great I would just ask members to have an open mind to them.

3. There aren't any events that provide driver training. We all have some very capable cars, but they can be dangerous without training. I know of several incidents in the past year and all were probably easily avoidable with some training.

We held a test slalom last weekend and it worked out quite well.

Our first official event will be on Sunday October 28.

I have 8 available slots for a very special kick off event. It will be at the airport in Bayreuth. We have the entire runway set up for driver training. I will be coaching each driver personally. The events we have planned will include a drag race, wet skid pad, and car control slalom. All of these things are on a closed runway with flat field and cars are ran one at a time. Please PM me for details.

I hope many of you sign up and please pass this thread along to any car nut in bavaria. Like I said, its open to anyone.

-Jim

Last edited by karussell; 10-21-2012 at 02:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 05:30 AM   #24
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Send me some specifics on the custom exhaust and tuning, Karussel! That is exactly what I have been looking for. Although it is almost garage time for El Superbeasto, I may still want to do this before the winter blues kick in... luis_m3 had sent me Christians number, I just havent been able to call him yet. Im going to Vilseck next week for mandatory suicide training so I figured Id stop by his shop and see him then. Maybe, if the training doesnt take too long, he can do the OEM exhaust mod... THAT would be cool...
I'll PM you shortly. Call Christian right away if you want the muffler mod. he is pretty busy so need to schedule in advance. He speaks excellent english. Tell him Jim sent you.
      09-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #25
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3FREAK View Post
Moxie welcome, I think you're the one that I've been emailing about your car for sale, but you wern't sure if you will sell it or not??? small world bro...and Jim i should be getting my 12 ///M3 this week or weekend so we can make that trip we've been missing out on...also theres a guy in Thansuss that does anything you need for exhausts that some of the ///M-Flight guys have went to he will do anything you need at a reasonable price and also accept VAT forms..He also speaks pretty good English so there's no language barrier haha
ok my friend. and the 28th of October i'm setting up for you especially! PM me and we will discuss details. you get an entire day on closed course. learn what the car can do and in safe environment. plus its going to be very fun!
      09-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #26
Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
I hope many of you sign up and please pass this thread along to any car nut in bavaria. Like I said, its open to anyone.

-Jim
Registered! I emailed them regarding site issues though so hopefully I can get it to work shortly. All the links just keep looping me back to the home page.
I wont be able to make the 28 Oct event as we will be in Frankfurt supporting one of our friends in a marathon, but I will definitely try to make the next few events! Looking forward to it. Right now a lot of folks are gone but when they return, Ill make sure to spread the word about it.
      09-22-2012, 05:34 PM   #27
chuckthis
Toomany///Ms
Rep
Drives: 1M & M2CS

I'm not an E9x M owner yet, but I really like the idea of the car club and completely echo the thought of the M only exclusion. I'm way out in Rheinland-Pfalz, but I am very excited to see where this goes. Major kudos to you Jim for putting this together and I look forward to attending some of the events in the future (once my E36 is road-worthy again).

Previous: Many E46 M3s, a few E9x M3s, '15 F82 M4, '16 F80 M3, F87 M2
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 02:40 AM   #28
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckthis View Post
I'm not an E9x M owner yet, but I really like the idea of the car club and completely echo the thought of the M only exclusion. I'm way out in Rheinland-Pfalz, but I am very excited to see where this goes. Major kudos to you Jim for putting this together and I look forward to attending some of the events in the future (once my E36 is road-worthy again).
If you can get your E36 going again by late October come on up to our event!
      09-23-2012, 02:46 AM   #29
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Karussell, I am hoping I can make this event. Myself and M3FREAK may be in Hohenfels for that time. I will keep you posted!

Anyone able to answer my post prior to this one about exhaust and springs?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 03:33 AM   #30
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3FREAK View Post
Moxie welcome, I think you're the one that I've been emailing about your car for sale, but you wern't sure if you will sell it or not??? small world bro...and Jim i should be getting my 12 ///M3 this week or weekend so we can make that trip we've been missing out on...also theres a guy in Thansuss that does anything you need for exhausts that some of the ///M-Flight guys have went to he will do anything you need at a reasonable price and also accept VAT forms..He also speaks pretty good English so there's no language barrier haha
I toy with the idea of selling it, but don't know what I would get to replace it...

Put me down for the Bavarian Motor Club though I don't know if I'll be able to make many events.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 04:24 AM   #31
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
Any guys here have springs, spacers? This is something I am looking into as well as the Megan Racing exhaust. Is there a really huge difference between .5 inches of pipping. The Megan is 2.5 and others I have seen are 3 inch. Any positive comments are appreciated.

your car had springs and spacers. the eibachs work well. only about $250.

no muffler will do anything as far as real gains in power if thats what you are looking for no matter what size the pipes are.

go to christian and see how restrictive the oem primary cats are. thats the real choke point on the exhaust.

best way to get some power on the car is to replace primary cats. 2 ways you can do this.
1. replace primaries with hi-flow units. 700€. replace secondaries with straight pipe. (secondaries are actually hi-flow 200 cell)
2. replace primaries with straight pipe. use secondaries. saves 700€ but guaranteed CEL.

I went with 1. hoping no CEL, but it happened anyways after 40km's.

In both cases I recommend a tune as well. cost is $850-$1000 for that. I use evolve and it cost $850 with their group buy. could not be happier as it also raised redline, removed speed limiter, and e-throttle pedal now has no lag at all.

If budget is concern, then go with option 2 in spring. for now, just muffler mod will do nicely.

i have heard several aftermarket exhaust systems. some are lower in bass which I like but most just make it louder sounding. for exact same effect just do the exhaust mod. Far cheaper. come by my office one day and you can hear for yourself. you can also test out how mine feels with the hi-flow cats and tune. its meaty to say the least
      09-23-2012, 06:04 AM   #32
UBER ///M3
Nüburgring Nordschleife BTG 8:05
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2012 LEMANS BLUE E92 ZCP M3

Yeah I'm totally down, but think we will be in the field training for work...sad face...it seems that work is always getting in the way of play haha
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 08:16 AM   #33
luis_m3
Low Pro...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoblotto View Post
Send me some specifics on the custom exhaust and tuning, Karussel! That is exactly what I have been looking for. Although it is almost garage time for El Superbeasto, I may still want to do this before the winter blues kick in... luis_m3 had sent me Christians number, I just havent been able to call him yet. Im going to Vilseck next week for mandatory suicide training so I figured Id stop by his shop and see him then. Maybe, if the training doesnt take too long, he can do the OEM exhaust mod... THAT would be cool...
Like Karussel already mentioned... you really need to give Christian a call and setup an appt. He's a very busy guy... has a new shop and I'm sure he's getting more customers now.
I speak for his work on my OEM Exhaust mod... top notch quality! He does NOT rush through the work and ensures his work meets your expectations. He also does some great detailing work and knows a guy who does excellent paint jobs. He painted my front bumper (nasty scratches), and if you saw it now, you would never tell.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #34
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

I am looking at front and rear diffuser, chrome removal, springs (eibach sports), spacers (15mm front) (10mm rear), and possibly the tune. All to be ready by the next summer. What is your opinion on this guys?

The exhaust is still up in the air. I have time but I am not sure what I am going to do.The OEM mod is tempting though!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 02:06 AM   #35
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Ok, karussells friend has pushed me to the OEM exhaust MOD. Sounds great, not very low for a V8 but it sounds like a FREAKING race care in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #36
Moxie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 328d Touring/SG 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
I am looking at front and rear diffuser, chrome removal, springs (eibach sports), spacers (15mm front) (10mm rear), and possibly the tune. All to be ready by the next summer. What is your opinion on this guys?

The exhaust is still up in the air. I have time but I am not sure what I am going to do.The OEM mod is tempting though!
Like Karussell said - If you get a tune, get HFC's or go catless as most power is gained there. A tune alone won't net you that much HP. What wheels are you running spacers on? I had 15mm front & 12 mm rear with my 220's & it looked good.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

guys, if you are interested in the October 28th school, send me a pm. I know the local folks might be in training, but need to know exact numbers early. For you Stuttgart guys, I encourage you to come on out. We will make about a 2km long course for you to strut your stuff. This is by far the safest way to explore the limits of the car. We will have a wet skid pad set up. I'll be teaching drifting 101. minimal wear on tires with the wet surface. Even if you don't want to drive or just curious, come on out and check it out. I'll have a few people giving rides. I plan on bringing a couple toys there one from your neck of the woods. Location is Bayreuth which is about an hour north of Nürnberg (not Nürburg aka ring) and 30 minutes from Graf. hour away from Vilseck.
      09-25-2012, 12:28 PM   #38
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

ps, M flight members are also more than welcome to participate. This is the venue to try out these cars in a safe environment. I guarantee the tuition cost will easily improve your performance in the car over any mod 10 times the cost.
      09-26-2012, 01:44 AM   #39
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Jim, I'm 100% in for this event on 28 October! Do I need to sign up via your link, or can I just PM you with whatever information you need?

Last edited by Sapper_M3; 09-26-2012 at 01:46 AM.. Reason: Just wanted to clarify that I'm referring to the 28 October event!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #40
karussell
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
Jim, I'm 100% in for this event on 28 October! Do I need to sign up via your link, or can I just PM you with whatever information you need?
PM me your contact info and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Jim
      09-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #41
Sapper_M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

PM sent!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #42
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie
Like Karussell said - If you get a tune, get HFC's or go catless as most power is gained there. A tune alone won't net you that much HP. What wheels are you running spacers on? I had 15mm front & 12 mm rear with my 220's & it looked good.
I'm running 245 front 265 rear.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #43
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Kar, no luck for the airfield trip. We leave October 12th for Hohenfels and it should be around 30 days. Next trip I am going, that's for sure!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2012, 06:25 AM   #44
manari06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3, 2016 X5 50i

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 E92  [9.50]
2007 335I Coupe  [10.00]
Smile

In the process of ordering my 2013 E92 M3 currently downrange but will be back by spring time next year. I'm in for all type of discussions. Stationed in Illesheim.
Appreciate 0