BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

03-28-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
astr0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: m3

Garage List
sold

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
sold

Attached Images

Last edited by astr0; 06-23-2017 at 03:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 04:39 AM   #2
domsaywha
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

nice car. this will sell quick
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2017, 08:57 AM   #3
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Awesome car! Just like my car except I have DCT.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 09:23 AM   #4
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Great spec!
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #5
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Great spec!
It is NO spec! Which makes it rare.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2017, 10:17 PM   #6
buddalun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 911 x 2, Tesla M3P & MYP

Lovely. Just lovely.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2017, 01:53 PM   #7
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Very nice. This is a driver's car. I like the wheels too.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2017, 09:42 PM   #8
antdizzle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6spd F80

Very nice!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #9
jmeek83
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M3 Coupe

Stunning example. "Distilled."
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 04:59 PM   #10
astr0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
bump.

thank you for the kind comments, car is back up for sale. available to show the car next week once I return from my trip.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 10:48 PM   #11
AP3X_FTW
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Not sure why the original post has not been updated as OP promised to do, but OP is not the owner of the vehicle.

I was very interested in acquiring the car when it was first posted (it would have been my third E9X M3), however If I am being completely honest, I had to uncover quite a few untold truths about the car/ownership history to the point where things were so cloudy I was ultimately uncomfortable proceeding with the transaction. The car may very well be clean and in good working order, however I was not prepared to buy a car from an individual who is far from transparent nor the true owner. Like many of you, I base my used car purchases heavily on the maintenance history as well as the type of owner/character I am dealing with. I spent months searching for a car spec'd exactly like this, so needless to say I was ready to bring her home after a PPI.

Cliff Notes:

I viewed a CarFax report after preliminary talks with OP and noticed that the sale from original owner to OP was not accounted for. So I asked OP if the car was still under the original owners name. OP said yes, that he had not filled in his portion of the pink slip yet or registered the vehicle in his name.

"I didn't sign it at the time because I was still debating on whether or not I am keeping the car, but I purchased an E36 in the meantime so my decision has now been made to sell."

I found this a bit strange, as I don't know many people who buy a $35k+ car not sure if they are going to keep it from day one, but the car was spec'd to my liking and a bit rare, so I thought I would look past this.

I then searched through OP's posts, and uncovered that he also had a white E92 M3. Again, found this strange. OP later tells me that he was in the process of selling the white E92 M3 to his brother in the middle of buying this black M3 (that he was not sure if he was going to keep)... all of this prior to buying an E36 M3.

I call the DMV to try to make some sense of things, and to formulate a plan of action prior to traveling up to NorCal to purchase the car. The DMV tech was very helpful, and indicates that OP was/is not the registered owner, but the original owner of the car had in fact sent in his release of liability form which reports the mileage, selling price and new registered owners information. The gentleman at the DMV could not give my the new registered owners name, but could only confirm it was not OP's name that I inquired about.

I then inquired with OP, and OP nonchalantly responds, "Oh yea... we actually put the car in my friends XXXX name."

At this point I asked OP to be very straight with me, as things were getting a bit screwy. He ultimately couldn't come up with a sensible reason other then what has been mentioned and apologized for not being up front as he thought "it did not matter".

OP was ready to sign over a pink slip to a potential buyer that essentially did not belong to him. Furthermore, what would have transpired if a buyer chose to finance the car and brought a check in OP's name....

He offered to include the real owner of the car, his friend, in the transaction, and after some thought I thanked OP for his time and walked.

Before severing communication I mentioned that he should update his forum post to be a bit more accurate. Any potential buyer with half a brain would uncover this information and ultimately would not feel comfortable paying him only to find out they were paying someone who didn't even own the car being sold.

OP is a nice young guy, and was polite throughout the transaction. The point of this post is not to bash him, but to create awareness so that any potential buyer at least walks into the transaction knowing what I uncovered. He is either super confused about how to flip a car for profit (and made himself look much shadier than necessary), or there is something fishy going on. I didn't post until now as I wanted to give him a chance to mark the ad as a two owner car, and mention that he was not the registered owner.

For Sale - E92 M3 Full Black Interior Part Out
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
DrFerry6728.50
      05-16-2017, 10:57 PM   #12
M3ANMACHINE
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 + 2014 F15 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP3X_FTW View Post
Not sure why the original post has not been updated as OP promised to do, but OP is not the owner of the vehicle.

I was very interested in acquiring the car when it was first posted (it would have been my third E9X M3), however If I am being completely honest, I had to uncover quite a few untold truths about the car/ownership history to the point where things were so cloudy I was ultimately uncomfortable proceeding with the transaction. The car may very well be clean and in good working order, however I was not prepared to buy a car from an individual who is far from transparent nor the true owner. Like many of you, I base my used car purchases heavily on the maintenance history as well as the type of owner/character I am dealing with. I spent months searching for a car spec'd exactly like this, so needless to say I was ready to bring her home after a PPI.

Cliff Notes:

I viewed a CarFax report after preliminary talks with OP and noticed that the sale from original owner to OP was not accounted for. So I asked OP if the car was still under the original owners name. OP said yes, that he had not filled in his portion of the pink slip yet or registered the vehicle in his name.

"I didn't sign it at the time because I was still debating on whether or not I am keeping the car, but I purchased an E36 in the meantime so my decision has now been made to sell."

I found this a bit strange, as I don't know many people who buy a $35k+ car not sure if they are going to keep it from day one, but the car was spec'd to my liking and a bit rare, so I thought I would look past this.

I then searched through OP's posts, and uncovered that he also had a white E92 M3. Again, found this strange. OP later tells me that he was in the process of selling the white E92 M3 to his brother in the middle of buying this black M3 (that he was not sure if he was going to keep)... all of this prior to buying an E36 M3.

I call the DMV to try to make some sense of things, and to formulate a plan of action prior to traveling up to NorCal to purchase the car. The DMV tech was very helpful, and indicates that OP was/is not the registered owner, but the original owner of the car had in fact sent in his release of liability form which reports the mileage, selling price and new registered owners information. The gentleman at the DMV could not give my the new registered owners name, but could only confirm it was not OP's name that I inquired about.

I then inquired with OP, and OP nonchalantly responds, "Oh yea... we actually put the car in my friends XXXX name."

At this point I asked OP to be very straight with me, as things were getting a bit screwy. He ultimately couldn't come up with a sensible reason other then what has been mentioned and apologized for not being up front as he thought "it did not matter".

OP was ready to sign over a pink slip to a potential buyer that essentially did not belong to him. Furthermore, what would have transpired if a buyer chose to finance the car and brought a check in OP's name....

He offered to include the real owner of the car, his friend, in the transaction, and after some thought I thanked OP for his time and walked.

Before severing communication I mentioned that he should update his forum post to be a bit more accurate. Any potential buyer with half a brain would uncover this information and ultimately would not feel comfortable paying him only to find out they were paying someone who didn't even own the car being sold.

OP is a nice young guy, and was polite throughout the transaction. The point of this post is not to bash him, but to create awareness so that any potential buyer at least walks into the transaction knowing what I uncovered. He is either super confused about how to flip a car for profit (and made himself look much shadier than necessary), or there is something fishy going on. I didn't post until now as I wanted to give him a chance to mark the ad as a two owner car, and mention that he was not the registered owner.
What a disaster.

Too good to be true
2011 SG E90 M3 | 2008 AW E90 M3 | 2004 E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2017, 11:19 PM   #13
Aktavate
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2011 E90 M3  [0.00]
2002 911 Turbo  [0.00]
I might be wrong but I think he also recently sold a purple e36 m3, wonder if that buyer had a similar experience.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 12:30 AM   #14
AP3X_FTW
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aktavate View Post
I might be wrong but I think he also recently sold a purple e36 m3, wonder if that buyer had a similar experience.
I had a feeling that TV E36 was purchased to sell/flip as well. I asked him point blank if he was trying to flip the E92, and he replied that he was not. I honestly hoped that he answered yes to that question, I wouldn't have cared if he was making a buck or two, at least it would have provided me with some sort of reasoning behind all the shenanigans.

My original assessment was that he was just new to flipping cars, and thought he was skirting around the rules by having his friend purchase the car from the original owner etc.

It's amazing what you can find out on the internet and social media these days leading up to a transaction.

Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      05-17-2017, 08:12 AM   #15
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Can't wait for OP'S response to all of this. And how would one know that a vehicle not in your possession from the day it was born has not been tracked or raced?
Appreciate 1
DrFerry6728.50
      05-17-2017, 09:23 AM   #16
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Sound like your average used car lot! He is probably trying to avoid getting a dealers license and trying not to have to pay taxes on the sale!
Appreciate 1
AP3X_FTW215.50
      05-17-2017, 12:30 PM   #17
astr0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Cliff Notes:

Hi Ryan, I appreciate your perspective and the clarification. The car had already been transferred back to my name from my friend- who I had put under his name for insurance purposes. I can issue the new title under my name, but it will declare me as the 2nd owner (I might be the only one, but I liked knowing that it is technically still a 1-owner car ). I agree it was unnecessary- I should have disclosed the situation beforehand but I was also unaware that it could have been an issue since I've bought a car from a similar situation in the past. I feel like I could have given you more confidence if I disclosed to you my license, address, and work, but I knew you couldn't be convinced because I would think similarly if I was in your situation.

Onto the car: after I bought the car (JB/Cloth), I had no intention of putting too many miles on the car as I had done with my other E92 M3 (AW/FR). I also ended up picking up a super clean Daytona E36 shortly afterwards as I thought it would be a nice daily / potential track car in addition to this E92, which I kept as a weekend car and preserved the mileage since I have failed to do so before. My brother was in the process of purchasing my AW/FR E92 M3, but decided against it since he purchased an LSB E46 from a member on M3F instead.

Keep in mind, that at this point, we have a total of 8 cars (inclusive of my mom and my brother's cars): C300, 991.1, GTR, LSB E46 M3, E92 M3 AW/FR, E92 M3 JB/Cloth, Daytona E36 M3, and GLA45 all cramped in my garage and my driveway, which I also have to share with my neighbor.

With my Daytona, JB/Cloth M3, and the LSB E46 sitting in the garage, the other cars were left outside. We weren't able to fully utilize the garage and it was too much of a hassle maneuvering out of the driveway everyday. After a few complaints, I decided to put both cars for sale with the intention of leasing an F8x, and stored the E46 M3 at my workplace. The GTR will be up for sale too.

In regards to my Daytona E36, I sold it for cheap to another forum member on M3F and am doing the same thing with my JB/Cloth E92 M3 to get some of my money back. In conclusion, like many of you on here, cars are my hobby and I've enjoyed BMW's since I was a kid. I made a costly, impulsive decision to buy two cars at once and simply aim to recover from the mistake. If I were to "flip" cars, I would have bought civics and priuses instead lol.

I apologize if I caused any confusion but I also think it's funny since every time friends or family visit, they always mention our house being like a car showroom / car lot. I appreciate the m3post community for holding members accountable and giving me a chance to shed light to my unique situation. If you guys have any further questions, feel free to PM me or comment here. I will be out of town to Seattle but will return on Monday. I will also provide more pictures later today. And thank you to those who took the time to read all this^

Last edited by astr0; 05-17-2017 at 12:57 PM..
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50
DrFerry6728.50
      05-17-2017, 12:48 PM   #18
astr0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSROD View Post
Sound like your average used car lot! He is probably trying to avoid getting a dealers license and trying not to have to pay taxes on the sale!
You would still have to pay income tax with a dealer's license lol. On top of that, rent and company insurance
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 01:32 PM   #19
AP3X_FTW
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jng View Post
The car had already been transferred back to my name from my friend- who I had put under his name for insurance purposes.
You had initially told me that your friend bought the car "on your behalf" because you did not have the funds together/available.

Quote:
I can issue the new title under my name, but it will declare me as the 2nd owner (I might be the only one, but I liked knowing that it is technically still a 1-owner car )
So to be clear, is the car now registered in your name, or does your friend still technically own the car? Either way, as much as you want to tout that it is a one owner car, it isn't.

Quote:
I agree it was unnecessary- I should have disclosed the situation beforehand but I was also unaware that it could have been an issue since I've bought a car from a similar situation in the past.
So to be clear, you were under the impression that you could act as the owner of the car, collecting $37k from the potential buyer (either cash or a check from their issuing bank), and sign over a pink slip that was not legally yours? I am just a bit confused as to how this would NOT be an issue for any buyer.

I think I have shed enough light on the situation. I am still pretty confused about it all, however since I am passing on the car, I will allow other potential buyers to ask their own questions. I wish you luck with the sale, assuming she is in good working order, the car looks to be very nice in the photos.

Appreciate 2
DrFerry6728.50
BOOF-M34451.50
      05-17-2017, 01:39 PM   #20
UPSROD
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
You would still have to pay income tax with a dealer's license lol. On top of that, rent and company insurance
That is why someone would try not to get a dealers license. In Washington state you can sell X number of cars and then they are all over you!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 01:48 PM   #21
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Quote:
The car had already been transferred back to my name from my friend- who I had put under his name for insurance purposes.
You had initially told me that your friend bought the car "on your behalf" because you did not have the funds together/available.

Quote:
I can issue the new title under my name, but it will declare me as the 2nd owner (I might be the only one, but I liked knowing that it is technically still a 1-owner car )
So to be clear, is the car now registered in your name, or does your friend still technically own the car? Either way, as much as you want to tout that it is a one owner car, it isn't.

Quote:
I agree it was unnecessary- I should have disclosed the situation beforehand but I was also unaware that it could have been an issue since I've bought a car from a similar situation in the past.
So to be clear, you were under the impression that you could act as the owner of the car, collecting $37k from the potential buyer (either cash or a check from their issuing bank), and sign over a pink slip that was not legally yours? I am just a bit confused as to how this would NOT be an issue for any buyer.

I think I have shed enough light on the situation. I am still pretty confused about it all, however since I am passing on the car, I will allow other potential buyers to ask their own questions. I wish you luck with the sale, assuming she is in good working order, the car looks to be very nice in the photos.

Like a fly on the wall...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2017, 02:27 PM   #22
astr0
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
That holds true. I did not have the funds on hand the day when I went to purchase the car and the banks were closed. I guess you can say that I technically bought the car from him afterwards and kept it under his name. After our discussion, I saw saving a couple bucks more for insurance was pretty trivial and I had my friend transfer the car to my name.

Quote:
The transfer of liability has been issued in my name, and I am able to request a pink slip from DMV titled under my name. Doing so will declare me as the 2nd owner and the next lucky owner will be the 3rd. Technically, it still is a 1 owner car. 4th, 5th, 6th owner or whatever, the car's condition speaks for itself. My dumb ass garaged this over the 991 and GTR lol. My AW/FR would be for sale rather than this if I hadn't done the throttle actuators, rod bearings, and BBK these past few months...

Quote:

I also never acted as the first owner of the car. I disclosed to you and all interested parties the status of the car the stance in my ownership and even troubled my friend to bring him into the dialogue when the car was under his name. Since our conversation, I simply completed the DMV forms and have the car under my direct ownership. I've bought cars in the past that were not registered with confidence -for reasons whether because of insurance hiatus or preservation- as long as the car's pink slip, owner identification, and registration was present and credible. That, and smog passes.

Again, I understand your confusion since I've been in your situation before and I agree that it was my mistake to not have transferred the vehicle directly before I decided to sell the car. However, (and I mean this in the most respectable way possible) I think you may have been a little bit paranoid given the fact that I was able to fully disclose the pink slip, owner ID, original owner's ID, registration, smog check, maintenance history, carfax, and additional information/photos of the car. I appreciate your time in all of this, and I believe the car will definitely live up to your standards. I'll have the pictures posted momentarily
Appreciate 0