BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

INDustry distribution

10-17-2018, 03:42 PM   #7239
lancerr
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Same here. I like the contrast and it matches the line break from front to back. IMO the body color door handles i see make it look strange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance-one View Post
Glossy black door handles for the frozen red one.
I like that Little bit of contrast.

(switched the chrome M3 trunk badge for a black one, too)
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      10-17-2018, 07:08 PM   #7240
keeeban
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011 E90 BMW M3  [0.00]
Did a little 2.5 mod, went with the wrapped method. I knew it would sound great, but dang does it sound amazing. Hands down, best $300 spent on the car yet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
PACarGuy194.50
apjr0917.00

10-17-2018, 08:02 PM   #7241
wfdeacon88
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90

Did the 2 pipe OEM mod after driving stock for a month.. Found a good shop that had never done one, but was very experienced in custom exhausts. They insisted on doing 2 stainless pipe replacements. I've only driven home from work, but holy sh*t this was exactly what I wanted and more.. idle and low throttle, just a little more grumble, but on full throttle or when downshifting.. it's insanely awesome.
Appreciate 1
keeeban12.00

10-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #7242
wfdeacon88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keeeban View Post
Did a little 2.5 mod, went with the wrapped method. I knew it would sound great, but dang does it sound amazing. Hands down, best $300 spent on the car yet.
question, mine today was similar, however I did the two pipe method, and left the other two as-is using the stock covering or whatever. Any difference of note between yours and what I had done? hoping I didn't mess that up...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 10:26 PM   #7243
keeeban
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E90 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
Quote:
question, mine today was similar, however I did the two pipe method, and left the other two as-is using the stock covering or whatever. Any difference of note between yours and what I had done? hoping I didn't mess that up...
They're probably pretty close in terms of volume/tone but I can't say for sure. I've probably listened to every exhaust clip online possible of wrapped 2/2.5 vs. cutting/welding 2/2.5 and it seems to me that wrapping the perforated pipes (instead of cutting and welding new pipes to replace the perforated pipes) will give it a deeper tone and less rasp up in the higher RPM band compared to the slightly higher pitched sound with some more raspyness up top that I hear with the cut/weld method.

Although the smaller perforated pipes on my exhaust are half covered (covered solid with aluminum tape underneath the header wrap), yours are fully covered with the stock wire material which still allows some sound to seep through the material - I'd say yours may be a little louder but they're probably pretty close. Either way, i'm sure you're as happy with the result as I am with mine!
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 10:36 PM   #7244
wfdeacon88
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
They're probably pretty close in terms of volume/tone but I can't say for sure. I've probably listened to every exhaust clip online possible of wrapped 2/2.5 vs. cutting/welding 2/2.5 and it seems to me that wrapping the perforated pipes (instead of cutting and welding new pipes to replace the perforated pipes) will give it a deeper tone and less rasp up in the higher RPM band compared to the slightly higher pitched sound with some more raspyness up top that I hear with the cut/weld method.

Although the smaller perforated pipes on my exhaust are half covered (covered solid with aluminum tape underneath the header wrap), yours are fully covered with the stock wire material which still allows some sound to seep through the material - I'd say yours may be a little louder but they're probably pretty close. Either way, i'm sure you're as happy with the result as I am with mine!
Agreed, very happy. I bet they are pretty similar.. I don't think I have any rasp, so far, so maybe leaving the stock stuff on the other two offset the cut and weld method on the 2 pipes. who knows.. but phenomenal thus far.
Appreciate 1
keeeban12.00

10-17-2018, 10:41 PM   #7245
keeeban
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 E90 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed, very happy. I bet they are pretty similar.. I don't think I have any rasp, so far, so maybe leaving the stock stuff on the other two offset the cut and weld method on the 2 pipes. who knows.. but phenomenal thus far.
Agreed! Amazing how much you can change the car from such a simple modification.
Appreciate 1
      10-17-2018, 10:49 PM   #7246
Fubar_M3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [5.00]
Got bored and went scouting today.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      10-18-2018, 03:36 AM   #7247
performance-one
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: E81 130i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post
IMO the body color door handles i see make it look strange.
Agreed! I know what you mean with the "strange" look.

You have carbon fiber door handles, right?
I have to use original black ones because of the comfort access.

Now missing black mirror covers and BMW Performance flaps and rear wing.
That will be next and then the red and black is in good balance (in my opinion)
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:31 AM   #7248
lancerr
Private
Rep
Drives: m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by performance-one View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancerr View Post
IMO the body color door handles i see make it look strange.
Agreed! I know what you mean with the "strange" look.

You have carbon fiber door handles, right?
I have to use original black ones because of the comfort access.

Now missing black mirror covers and BMW Performance flaps and rear wing.
That will be next and then the red and black is in good balance (in my opinion)
I had the comfort access.carbon fiber door handle covers but took them off - covers just looked wierd.

I saw a pair of really well done carbon fiber door handles (full units) wtih comfort access but its something like $600 + $250 shipping. Not worth it IMO.

It looks good now because i realized it matches the black door trim and black mirror surround well.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:42 AM   #7249
Larsim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP

Did the 4 pipe OEM mod and wow, it's a game changer. Also changed the exhaust tips to carbon fiber tips (not sure if it is real CF or not but it looks real lol).

Appreciate 2
apjr0917.00

Yesterday, 01:25 PM   #7250
pooyab
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Finally installed my Harrop supercharger. Hardest part was putting the accessory belt back on.
Attached Images

BayOptiks DTM Headlights | Satin Nero Pearl Wrap | BPM Tune | Ohlins R&T | Bimmerworld X-Pipe | Miesterschaft GT2 | Harrop BBK | Black TE37RT | MFactory CF Driveshaft | Hotchkis F/R Sways | F/R Endlinks | Rogue Rear Toe Arms and Front Tension Bushings | Powerflex Diff Bushings | MS Solid Subframe Bushings | MS Underdrive Pulley and Intake | Dinan Strut Bars | Dinan DCT Tune | Mode Carbon Spoiler | CF Side Skirts | CF Mirror Caps
Appreciate 7
M3Post282.50
Exclusivs274.00
ItsGary463.00
GORDON.M3384.00
apjr0917.00

Yesterday, 01:56 PM   #7251
performance-one
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: E81 130i

Just put in the BMW stainless steal pedals.

Nice!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
xcusem3205.00

Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #7252
M3Post
Supreme Allied Commander DDE
Nepal
Rep
Drives: Red

Garage List
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
Finally installed my Harrop supercharger. Hardest part was putting the accessory belt back on.
Come back and tell us how you like your new Harrop SC.
'08 E92 M3 DCT Melbourne Red/Bamboo Beige Leather/EDC/HARROP Supercharger/SSP Spec-R clutch discs/Quaife LSD/3:45 Final Drive by Diffs Online/M3 World HFC X-Pipe/Pipercross Air Filter/LUX H8 180/NGK Racing Iridium R2556B-9/BPM Sport Stage II/BPM Sport DCT/PFC Z-Rated Pads/ECS Brass Guide Brake Caliper Bushings/Alex Shop Solid Sub-frame Bushings/ Motul 600/Tint/APEX SM-10 18X11 ET44 + 12mm Spacers/APEX 75mm Stud Kit/
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 05:34 PM   #7253
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

quick question
my car is in an underground garage so i thought it'd be easier and faster to just ask here

what type of fuse is in our cars? the Mini?

about to order a dash cam and need to order some hardwiring kit with it
      Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #7254
ItsGary
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post

quick question
my car is in an underground garage so i thought it'd be easier and faster to just ask here

what type of fuse is in our cars? the Mini?

about to order a dash cam and need to order some hardwiring kit with it
Mini, I know this cause my seat bolster fuse keeps blowing
Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 06:15 PM   #7255
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
thanks

why is that fuse blowing?
are you adjusting the seat bolsters a lot?
      Yesterday, 06:28 PM   #7256
ItsGary
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
thanks

why is that fuse blowing?
are you adjusting the seat bolsters a lot?
Sorta. Every time I get in, when i first got the car you could hear the motor for the bolsters when it deflated, since that went quiet I've been blowing the fuse if I adjust too much
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:11 AM   #7257
GORDON.M3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooyab View Post
as much as I like being naturally aspirated, i have a soft spot for harrop.
i don't care what people say, its better than ESS and AA (AA sucks, I know 3 people that have blown motors with AA Superchargers).
      Today, 12:45 AM   #7258
apjr09
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 SSII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsim View Post
Did the 4 pipe OEM mod and wow, it's a game changer. Also changed the exhaust tips to carbon fiber tips (not sure if it is real CF or not but it looks real lol).

Sounds exactly like my 4 pipe oem mod
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:08 AM   #7259
Aries326
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 3.0si

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsim View Post

Where'd you get the CF tips? I just got the exhaust mod done. Picking up the car tomorrow. I can't wait!