BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

01-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #111
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
as soon as they went into mediocrity, not a single fuck was given
That's not true. I gave a fuck because I loved watching the "Dream Team" implode. I absolutely cared. They did it to themselves though. Teams in all sports try to assemble these Dream Teams, but this one was full of dudes who talked themselves up and made it known to the world that they thought they were going to make history. I wouldn't have cared if they weren't such idiots about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #112
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
You know what my favorite part of every season is?

When they talk about the year we won in 2007-08... Brings back so many fond memories of celebrating...

Don't you love it when they talk about when the Eagle won the...... oh yeah. Never mind.

eagles fans are so butt hurt
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #113
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
FWIW, only one person called them the "Dream Team" of the NFL, and he was one of the worst players we had all year. Sure, other Philly fans had high hopes for the team this year as well, but when the term "Dream Team" was thrown around, I think more fans were actually pissed about it than those who adopted the term as true (mainly because they figured it jinxed us and screwed us for the season, ironic...) I never agreed with the "Dream Team" moniker, but did have high hopes and was disappointed.

I'm not arguing with you or trying to tell you that the Eagles are the best team in the history of the game, so reminding me that we have won zero superbowls really adds nothing to the conversation.

I can't explain why a team with their stats didn't make it to the playoffs. I read a lot about the turnovers. Looking at the stats again, they went into the final game with something like 36 turnovers, which may have been like 2nd or so in the NFL? Had a couple more in that game as well...

I can make general comments too, based on no facts, but I'll leave that to the experts in this thread

Last edited by Templar; 01-04-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2012, 04:01 PM   #114
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep
Drives: Interlagos Z4MR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
FWIW, only one person called them the "Dream Team" of the NFL, and he was one of the worst players we had all year. Sure, other Philly fans had high hopes for the team this year as well, but when the term "Dream Team" was thrown around, I think more fans were actually pissed about it than those who adopted the term as true (mainly because they figured it jinxed us and screwed us for the season, ironic...) I never agreed with the "Dream Team" moniker, but did have high hopes and was disappointed.

I'm not arguing with you or trying to tell you that the Eagles are the best team in the history of the game, so reminding me that we have won zero superbowls really adds nothing to the conversation.

I can't explain why a team with their stats didn't make it to the playoffs. I read a lot about the turnovers. Looking at the stats again, they went into the final game with something like 36 turnovers, which may have been like 2nd or so in the NFL? Had a couple more in that game as well...

I can make general comments too, based on no facts, but I'll leave that to the experts in this thread
thanks, some people get really attached to words

The way I see it, the Eagles win the NFC east next year but probably won't get to the big game, and finally fire Andy Reid. Then a year to adjust to a new coach, and THEN maybe we can start approaching the superbowl goals
      01-04-2012, 04:19 PM   #115
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
thanks, some people get really attached to words

The way I see it, the Eagles win the NFC east next year but probably won't get to the big game, and finally fire Andy Reid. Then a year to adjust to a new coach, and THEN maybe we can start approaching the superbowl goals
The NFC East is always extremely competitive (minus the Redskins, lol). I honestly think that it can be a toss up almost any year, at least in recent years it seems so. All three teams are extremely good and capable of winning games.

The facts don't lie though, at least for this season. The Eagles went 5-1 in the NFC East this year, breaking even with the Giants but shutting down the Cowboys and the Redskins twice each. In this current season, in the NFC East at least, the Eagles played very well, and their record shows it. They just lost way too many games early on due to turnovers and other stupid mistakes. They seemed to gel together nicely at the end, but then again they didn't play any really good teams those last four games either, so there was no way to really test them when they did seem to finally mesh together.

I know a lot of people were calling for Reid to go, but he deserves at least ONE season to make up for this one that went down the drain. Plus, I am hesitant to drastic changes based on one kind of crappy season (I mean we've had a lot worse than .500 seasons)... Lurie already said he's not getting rid of him, but I expected that. Typical Philly fans who don't know shit are always the loudest (drunkest) ones and are always talking out of their asses, the ones who know a little more tend to keep quiet and let things play out until they get really out of control. Andy Reid should have, and deserves, some time.

I'm a fan of everything Philly, but I also have some sense... Now if we're just throwing out baseless bullshit, then the Giants suck and will lose in the first round.
      01-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #116
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
The NFC East is always extremely competitive (minus the Redskins, lol). I honestly think that it can be a toss up almost any year, at least in recent years it seems so. All three teams are extremely good and capable of winning games.

The facts don't lie though, at least for this season. The Eagles went 5-1 in the NFC East this year, breaking even with the Giants but shutting down the Cowboys and the Redskins twice each. In this current season, in the NFC East at least, the Eagles played very well, and their record shows it. They just lost way too many games early on due to turnovers and other stupid mistakes. They seemed to gel together nicely at the end, but then again they didn't play any really good teams those last four games either, so there was no way to really test them when they did seem to finally mesh together.

I know a lot of people were calling for Reid to go, but he deserves at least ONE season to make up for this one that went down the drain. Plus, I am hesitant to drastic changes based on one kind of crappy season (I mean we've had a lot worse than .500 seasons)... Lurie already said he's not getting rid of him, but I expected that. Typical Philly fans who don't know shit are always the loudest (drunkest) ones and are always talking out of their asses, the ones who know a little more tend to keep quiet and let things play out until they get really out of control. Andy Reid should have, and deserves, some time.

I'm a fan of everything Philly, but I also have some sense... Now if we're just throwing out baseless bullshit, then the Giants suck and will lose in the first round.
yeah, but Philly fans were calling for McNabb's head and the rest of the country thought they were idiots... and look how right Philly fans were

Reid averaged 9-7 in the last 4 years or something, and regularly choke in the playoffs. I think I heard they only won 16 games against teams with a winning record in the last 4 years. I think I got the numbers right plus or minus a few.
      01-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #117
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
yeah, but Philly fans were calling for McNabb's head and the rest of the country thought they were idiots... and look how right Philly fans were

Reid averaged 9-7 in the last 4 years or something, and regularly choke in the playoffs. I think I heard they only won 16 games against teams with a winning record in the last 4 years. I think I got the numbers right plus or minus a few.
I agree, sometimes they are right on the money, but sometimes they are off a bit too.

Reid turned the team around a lot. In the last few years he's been failing (or getting lucky), with this year being a huge letdown, but I think he should have one more shot. If he can't do it next year, with the rest of the offseason and pre-season to get things together with mostly the same players, then he needs to go.
      01-05-2012, 09:22 AM   #118
ZStig
instagram 997turbotom
Rep

agreed
      01-16-2012, 09:56 PM   #119
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 SBM E92 335i 6MT

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Well, I have to say....as hard as it is...congrats to the Giants. I hate you bastards a lot, lol. But give credit where credit is due. I don't know if other Cowboys fans route for their conference after we lose, but I do. Maybe that's an old school thing or a College thing in me. Especially when you are the ones that beat us.

I just love football and I love seeing things like this. A badass, aggressive defense coming alive when it counts. An underdog team going into lambeau sleeveless and kicking that ass. That team has it's shit together right now and if they can stay that way....will be hard to beat.

Now with that said, go take one home for the NFC East and be ready for us next year...cause we're gonna kick that ass!! lol
      01-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #120
S1000RR Drag Racer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 S1000RR,'01 330i,'08 328ci

The best thing I can say about your Dallas Cowboys is that ever since Tony Romo has been your so-called quarterback there is not one team in the entire NFL that sees your team as a threat. Your team now has new traditions since he has been your quarterback. Every year you don't make it pass the first round of the playoffs, this year you didn't even make it to the playoffs, you sit at HOME and watch the Superbowl every year, and you are very consistent losers in saying the same thing at the end of the season, maybe next year.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:10 AM   #121
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep
Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraves View Post
The best thing I can say about your Dallas Cowboys is that ever since Tony Romo has been your so-called quarterback there is not one team in the entire NFL that sees your team as a threat. Your team now has new traditions since he has been your quarterback. Every year you don't make it pass the first round of the playoffs, this year you didn't even make it to the playoffs, you sit at HOME and watch the Superbowl every year, and you are very consistent losers in saying the same thing at the end of the season, maybe next year.
Wonderful... I agree with this 100% ... You have begun your climb back to grace.

The Cowboys suck.. and the reason for that starts with Tony Homo.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:49 AM   #122
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I give you guys credit and wish you luck for the playoffs...and this is your comeback.

I disagree with the Romo part. It's coaching more than anything. We haven't had a good coach since Jimmy. I'm not saying Romo is blameless....but he is not the sole reason....

And what else would any fan say or think if their team loses other than....next year???
      01-29-2012, 11:09 AM   #123
S1000RR Drag Racer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 S1000RR,'01 330i,'08 328ci

The Cowboys owner needs to bring Jimmy Johnson back so we can have a team we can love to hate again for being good instead of someone just wearing a Cowboy jersey.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:08 PM   #124
txz4
Major
Rep
Drives: 2006 M coupe

2 problems with the team. The O line is terrible and has been since 07. 2, the secondary is awful....

Rob is running too tough of a defense for our inexperienced secondary. The only good thing about our defense is sean lee, and of course demarcus Ware. The D line isnt too bad either.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #125
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
Very true. It doesn't matter who our quarterback is/was. Everyone just loves to talk shit on Romo. He could have the best numbers every year and it's always his fault.

All the haters always had something to say about Aikman too....
      01-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #126
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post
Very true. It doesn't matter who our quarterback is/was. Everyone just loves to talk shit on Romo. He could have the best numbers every year and it's always his fault.

Heavy is the head that wears the crown...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 01:18 PM   #127
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo335i View Post

Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown...
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 01:39 PM   #128
The Ghost of Tom Joad
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B744

will people stop hugging romo's nuts already? he fucking sucks. he'll never win a superbowl, let alone get close to it. if you find a romo fan, you'll also find an apologist. it's always something...more coaching, better line, better run game, someone to hold field goals, etc., etc. case in point, the guy isn't anywhere close to being a rookie, but he keeps making rookie mistakes. stats don't make a good quarterback (read: danny white). people don't remember stats...people remember playoff wins and superbowls. or in the case of romo's assured legacy, playoff failures and december meltdowns. frankly, this cowboys fan is getting pretty fed up with the entire (dis)organization. jerry jones is a complete buffoon and makes all football decisions based on emotion and senility. the trickle-down effect from there furthers the disaster. jason garrett is merely jerry's puppet to do his bidding, and the roster is a bunch of jokers hand-picked by jerry, so you know they're gonna suck. i'll always be a cowboys fan, but it's fucking hard to like a team that consistently disappoints every fucking year. no more excuses from me. everyone has to go, starting with jerry. it's been broken for 16 years. when does any cowboys fan with mental capacity above a third grader realize these things?

Last edited by The Ghost of Tom Joad; 01-29-2012 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #129
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Tom Joad View Post
will people stop hugging romo's nuts already? he fucking sucks. he'll never win a superbowl, let alone get close to it. if you find a romo fan, you'll also find an apologist. it's always something...more coaching, better line, better run game, someone to hold field goals, etc., etc. case in point, the guy isn't anywhere close to being a rookie, but he keeps making rookie mistakes. stats don't make a good quarterback (read: danny white). people don't remember stats...people remember playoff wins and superbowls. frankly, this cowboys fan is getting pretty fed up with the entire (dis)organization. jerry jones is a complete buffoon and makes all football decisions based on emotion and senility. the trickle-down effect from there furthers the disaster. jason garrett is merely jerry's puppet to do his bidding, and the roster is a bunch of jokers. i'll always be a cowboys fan, but it's fucking hard to like a team that consistently disappoints every fucking year. no more excuses from me. everyone has to go, starting with jerry. it's been broken for 16 years. when does any cowboys fan with mental capacity above a third grader realize these things?
+10000000000000000000

romo fucking sucks. he is 31, he shouldnt need anymore coaching.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #130
import36
Burrito bowl connoisseur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Nissan GTR Black Edition

sooo....we just signed Kyle Orton to a 3-year deal. i'm glad we made some sort of move at the QB position....only time will tell how Orton fits into the scheme of things. waiting to see Romo either have a shitty game and get pulled...or go out with an injury to see if Orton can do anything.

thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 11:07 AM   #131
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

The Cowboys are a historic franchise. Why can't they go after a star QB instead of so obviously settling for Blowmo for so long and now placing hope in Kyle Orton.... Seriously, Kyle Orton? Maybe Joey Harrington is available too.

For such a storied program, they sure are having issues at that QB spot for a while now.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2012, 12:07 PM   #132
gizmo335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [9.42]
I am not on Romo's nutsack. I would be the first to say he sucks if I thought he did. I just don't see that he sucks. Since when do numbers not matter at all? His numbers are good. I know they don't matter if you're not a good leader and fuck up all the time when it matters. He definately has fucked up when it matters a few times and as far as his leadership...I think that's hard to tell. The leadership starts with the coach...and we haven't had that since Jimmy. And you need chemistry...and we haven't had that on either side of the ball for a long time.

Say what you want about him...but he can't do everything. I see a guy who comes out to play hard every game. If you lead the league in penalties and your secondary can't cover anybody....you're not going to win no matter how good of a QB you are.

As far as pursuing a great QB...I think you have to build your team around defense. If you don't have that....you're not going to win a super bowl.

I think if we had a really good secondary, maybe one more great defensive lineman and some discipline, we would have a chance to win it all. There have been many VERY good QB's in the past that never had the team around them to win. And when you talk about the greats of all time, you always start with the ones who have won super bowls.

The QB position in Dallas is treated like the shortstop position in New York....if you aren't the all star of the world, then you suck...