BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-24-2018, 11:37 PM   #1
Andrew_M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

My AWFUL experience with AJM Motorsports

I recently saved up for 2 months purchased a splitter from AJM Motorsports. I had the lip installed by the Import dealership I work at (yes, we service BMW) and it really looked good on the car, I have no complaints there AJM really built a gorgeous splitter. The problem was when I got it on the road about 20 minuets after leaving work the splitter broke on the highway. I was only going 60 and I didn't hit anything so the splitter was in no way damaged by driving, I pulled over as soon as I could and the splitter was held on both sides, but the middle was gone and there was a diamond shaped gap. I messaged AJM immediately before I even took the splitter off and they told me they don't know what could have done that. They kept suggesting user error and then improper install. I know for sure the techs didn't do anything wrong and that I didn't do anything wrong. I didn't tell anyone about the issue because I assumed AJM would realize something must have been weak in that particular splitter and offer a replacement. Instead they keep telling me that the professionals at BMW didn't install it properly, AJM claims it wasn't installed the way they designed it to be but they didn't have any directions for install on their website or in the box. The marks for where needs to be drilled was on the side of the splitter that gets stuck to the bumper so there was no way they could have seen where the holes were. AJM refused to work with me despite over 80 people reaching out to them to tell them to fix the situation with me and them. I've already disputed the charge with by bank and I just want to give a warning to people planning on buying AJM products- they do look good and they are cheap but if there is a defect you're money is gone, AJMs customer service is terrible and the customer is always wrong to them and I'm very upset with how it turned out. Feel free to message me with any questions or any mistakes I made writing this... it's 12:30 am and I have a 7am class tomorrow but I stayed up to write this. I appreciate you all taking the time to read this and feel free to disagree with me, but please refrain from name calling or cursing, I've already had one person message me doing that and it's really just uncalled for... thanks again -Andrew
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #2
Banana Hammock
Beefcake
Rep
Drives: NA

I had a similar experience with them. When I received my lip, it had manufacturing defects and did not fit right. After a brief exchange, he goes completely silent. Because of this, I've made it a point to advise people to just eat the extra cost and buy from someone more reputable. Yeah, you're paying $100 more but at least you're buying from someone that deserves your business.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 08:39 AM   #3
Andrew_M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Beefaroni View Post
I had a similar experience with them. When I received my lip, it had manufacturing defects and did not fit right. After a brief exchange, he goes completely silent. Because of this, I've made it a point to advise people to just eat the extra cost and buy from someone more reputable. Yeah, you're paying $100 more but at least you're buying from someone that deserves your business.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Beefaroni View Post
Okay so I'm not the only one having an issue with him... I've had over 100 people reach out to him demanding a refund and he argues with some and blocks others. I filed a complaint with Shopify at service@shopify.com because this is completely unacceptable
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 09:05 AM   #4
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2018, 09:08 AM   #5
Andrew_M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
All the pics of the splitter on the car were sent via instagram to AJM... I don't have those pictures anymore because I didn't know instagram pictures can only be viewed twice. I can send some pictures of the splitter off the car later tonight. I'm in class and then at work until 7. Will update
Appreciate 0