BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

EXXEL Distributions

08-31-2020, 04:08 PM   #1
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Anyone interested in joining me to meet the minimum order quantity (x 2) to have UUC make these?

Spoke with Arjun who runs UUC. While he doesn't have any of the old spec sheets given it was a decade ago, he designed these wings to meet GA specs and they're a real downforce generating wing (vs some of the other smaller wings that act more as spoilers). Suggested it would pair / balance nicely with 3" and under front lip.

More pics in the link.

I'll reach out to the listed race teams to see if they'll share any old data on the specs. I noticed BW has a version for sale, but they wouldn't share much info other than it's made to "their race specs"... Assume it's a copy of the UUC wing given the racing success.

Exclusively from UUC! Grand Am spec wing for E92 M3 (fits all 2007-2011 3-series coupes).
Please note: fits coupes only, will not fit sedan.
This is the official Grand Am wing as used in the 2010 Grand Am race at Daytona by Fall Line Motorsports (Pole Position qualifier), Rum Bum Racing (1st Place Win), and Kinetic Motorsports.
Ultra lightweight, made in USA, can be left bare carbon fiber, may be painted.
This item is hand-made to order and has a 4-6 week production time from date of order. Custom order charged a non-refundable 50% of price upon order, balance upon shipment.
Professional installation recommended, requires drilling through trunklid.

http://store.uucmotorwerks.com/mobil...der-p1082.aspx
Attached Images

08-31-2020, 05:43 PM   #2
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Calling Kelse92
      08-31-2020, 07:19 PM   #3
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Calling Kelse92
Haha thanks for the tag but I want me some APR goodies someday

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2020, 08:37 PM   #4
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Calling Kelse92
Haha thanks for the tag but I want me some APR goodies someday
I got all worked up thinking I had a partner...
      09-01-2020, 11:11 AM   #5
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

The wing must be pretty low-drag I remember a couple of those Daytona GS races and the E92's were right there wtih the supposedly aero-superior 911's on the topend even with 15% more frontal area - was a fast high-banks racecar for sure
      09-01-2020, 11:16 AM   #6
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richbot View Post
The wing must be pretty low-drag I remember a couple of those Daytona GS races and the E92's were right there wtih the supposedly aero-superior 911's on the topend even with 15% more frontal area - was a fast high-banks racecar for sure
Yeah was on the pole position qualifier and the 1st place podium. I think the e92 was immediately replaced with the M6 and ultimately the 235ir there after...

I love the understated look and appreciate the actual race proven functionality.

Just need a buying buddy as I don't want to buy 2x.
      09-01-2020, 03:44 PM   #7
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

M4 GT4 was the true successor as the GS cars were production tubs, once the updated BoP GT4 ruleset coalesced the E92's sunsetted, GT4 was built around more "customer friendly" newer generation of cars (almost all automatics, partially because performance advantage, partially because gentleman drivers can be real hard on a real manual). M235R sortof fell into a donut hole of performance for the US. Cool well-sorted turnkey cars though.

The CONTINENTAL TIRE!!!!! GS series was pretty cool, most of the spec lines tire-limited the cars, pretty close to stock street cars just with racecar levels of prep for reliability over a long race distance. But man did they smash some hardware. Including wings. This is a wing that has actual street-car/racecar period correct cool cred, and everyone should buy one

There hope that helps lol
      09-01-2020, 03:50 PM   #8
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
M4 GT4 was the true successor as the GS cars were production tubs, once the GT4 ruleset coalesced the E92's sunsetted, GT4 was built around more "customer friendly" newer generation of cars (almost all automatics, partially because performance advantage, partially because gentleman drivers can be real hard on a real manual). M235R sortof fell into a donut hole of performance for the US. Cool well-sorted turnkey cars though.

The CONTINENTAL TIRE!!!!! GS series was pretty cool, most of the spec lines tire-limited the cars, pretty close to stock street cars just with racecar levels of prep for reliability over a long race distance. But man did they smash some hardware. Including wings. This is a wing that has actual street-car/racecar period correct cool cred, and everyone should buy one

Thanks man!

If everyone's buying one, I should probably pull in the group buy master Epoustouflant 🤣

But seriously...
Attached Images

09-01-2020, 04:27 PM   #9
M_Chronos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Anyone interested in joining me to meet the minimum order quantity (x 2) to have UUC make these?

Spoke with Arjun who runs UUC. While he doesn't have any of the old spec sheets given it was a decade ago, he designed these wings to meet GA specs and they're a real downforce generating wing (vs some of the other smaller wings that act more as spoilers). Suggested it would pair / balance nicely with 3" and under front lip.

More pics in the link.

I'll reach out to the listed race teams to see if they'll share any old data on the specs. I noticed BW has a version for sale, but they wouldn't share much info other than it's made to "their race specs"... Assume it's a copy of the UUC wing given the racing success.

Exclusively from UUC! Grand Am spec wing for E92 M3 (fits all 2007-2011 3-series coupes).
Please note: fits coupes only, will not fit sedan.
This is the official Grand Am wing as used in the 2010 Grand Am race at Daytona by Fall Line Motorsports (Pole Position qualifier), Rum Bum Racing (1st Place Win), and Kinetic Motorsports.
Ultra lightweight, made in USA, can be left bare carbon fiber, may be painted.
This item is hand-made to order and has a 4-6 week production time from date of order. Custom order charged a non-refundable 50% of price upon order, balance upon shipment.
Professional installation recommended, requires drilling through trunklid.
I'd focus on contacting Fall Line as they built a good chunk of all the e92s run in GS. Also I believe that was the only wing approved so if BW ran one it would be the same thing. Another option is Turner Motorsports. The racing team not the sold parts company.
Appreciate 1
DRLane3988.50
      09-01-2020, 05:18 PM   #10
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
M4 GT4 was the true successor as the GS cars were production tubs, once the GT4 ruleset coalesced the E92's sunsetted, GT4 was built around more "customer friendly" newer generation of cars (almost all automatics, partially because performance advantage, partially because gentleman drivers can be real hard on a real manual). M235R sortof fell into a donut hole of performance for the US. Cool well-sorted turnkey cars though.

Thanks man!

If everyone's buying one, I should probably pull in the group buy master Epoustouflant 🤣

But seriously...
😂

Working on a GTS / GT4 / M235i wing group buy right now - dry carbon, motorsport level parts.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 08:46 PM   #11
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Damn that looks good, love the rum livery too but more of a whiskey guy 😂... I would have been about that but just installed an apr little guy.. is it trunk mounted? Can you still open the trunk with it? Almost looks like it goes on the quarter panel
      09-01-2020, 09:02 PM   #12
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Damn that looks good, love the rum livery too but more of a whiskey guy 😂... I would have been about that but just installed an apr little guy.. is it trunk mounted? Can you still open the trunk with it? Almost looks like it goes on the quarter panel
Yeah It's trunk mounted. You can open it it just blends in really nicely
      09-01-2020, 09:08 PM   #13
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Yeah It's trunk mounted. You can open it it just blends in really nicely
Sweet... I like that a lot. Not quite $1700 a lot but I think it's worth it for sure... needs to be close clearance for function... 🤔.. would love to see some better pics
      09-02-2020, 05:01 AM   #14
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

If you can get the price significantly lower I could be your guy. That price just seems way too high. I’ve been considering one for a while now. Even photoshopped it on my car a few months ago.

Last edited by //steve\\; 09-02-2020 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 08:35 AM   #15
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
If you can get the price significantly lower I could be your guy. That price just seems way too high. I've been considering one for a while now. Even photoshopped it on my car a few months ago.

[IMG]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...aa7a97e0_c.jpg[/IMG]
Looks awesome! Yeah, not much room on price as they're made to order hence the minimum order quantity. BW option is a good but cheaper.

Steve, they're down in Alpharetta which is your neck of the woods? If your car ever goes the race car route I'm sure they would be a fun visit.

I guess I'll just wait and see what this group buy materializes for a GT4 wing. Just don't want the attention that brings driving in the street.
      09-02-2020, 08:44 AM   #16
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:
Looks awesome! Yeah, not much room on price as they're made to order hence the minimum order quantity. BW option is a good but cheaper.

Steve, they're down in Alpharetta which is your neck of the woods? If your car ever goes the race car route I'm sure they would be a fun visit.

I guess I'll just wait and see what this group buy materializes for a GT4 wing. Just don't want the attention that brings driving in the street.

I didn't even know...I wonder if they have one at the shop I could see.

Just looked up their address......4.2 miles from my house. In fact I've basically driven past tons of times and didn't even know it.

I like the idea of the wing being a more streetable wing option as well. My car has the GTS aero which isn't extreme but it's definitely far less street looking than the UUC wing. I also think the wing would go very well with the GTS lip setup. I do still have my original trunk untouched that I could mount it on as well....

Any clue if they'd be willing to work on price if we got more than just 2 people in on a group buy? I wonder if they could make it from fiberglass?
      09-02-2020, 09:00 AM   #17
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
Quote:

I didn't even know...I wonder if they have one at the shop I could see.

Just looked up their address......4.2 miles from my house. In fact I've basically driven past tons of times and didn't even know it.

I like the idea of the wing being a more streetable wing option as well. My car has the GTS aero which isn't extreme but it's definitely far less street looking than the UUC wing. I also think the wing would go very well with the GTS lip setup. I do still have my original trunk untouched that I could mount it on as well....

Any clue if they'd be willing to work on price if we got more than just 2 people in on a group buy? I wonder if they could make it from fiberglass?
Based on the interest level of this thread, group buy seems like a pipe dream

You should reach out to Arjun and swing by the shop just for fun. They just moved buildings so might give them a heads up to get the best possible tour.

Honestly, I'm fine with the price given it's a handmade carbon piece. I'll send a pm about another option.
      09-02-2020, 10:09 AM   #18
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Ask in other sub-forums, there's probably guys who would buy it for looks alone.
Kelse921131.50