BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-21-2021, 10:30 PM   #6931
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

It's nice to see my simple post produced such a productive convo about razors lol.

I thought the pink tax was interesting.

https://www.healthline.com/health/th...st-of-pink-tax

On the flip side of that, I can go in a boutique and buy cute shirts, a romper, or cute sandals affordably. Guys clothes are not as affordable (for the most part).
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2021, 10:35 PM   #6932
shoei
Banned
Rep
Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
It's nice to see my simple post produced such a productive convo about razors lol.

I thought the pink tax was interesting.

https://www.healthline.com/health/th...st-of-pink-tax

On the flip side of that, I can go in a boutique and buy cute shirts, a romper, or cute sandals affordably. Guys clothes are not as affordable (for the most part).
You know what's the worst part about guys clothes? A $100 pair of dress shoes will look like something from Payless. It's definitely not like that for women, lol.

It's expensive as all hell for guys clothes to look good and fit nice. Discrimination I tell you. Discrimination.
Appreciate 2
King Rudi13154.00
      09-21-2021, 10:51 PM   #6933
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
You know what's the worst part about guys clothes? A $100 pair of dress shoes will look like something from Payless. It's definitely not like that for women, lol.

It's expensive as all hell for guys clothes to look good and fit nice. Discrimination I tell you. Discrimination.
This is so true about the shoes. My husband needs a new pair of black dress shoes and he's just pissed. He can't find a pair that he likes that don't look so generic for the price tag. The shoe selection for men is nothing short of boring and tragic. I need to start a thread for men's shoes because he needs 2 new pairs desperately.
Appreciate 1
shoei7779.00
      09-21-2021, 11:01 PM   #6934
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Quote:

This is so true about the shoes. My husband needs a new pair of black dress shoes and he's just pissed. He can't find a pair that he likes that don't look so generic for the price tag. The shoe selection for men is nothing short of boring and tragic. I need to start a thread for men's shoes because he needs 2 new pairs desperately.
Dress shoes just go with Bruno's or Ferragamo's. They have many different tiers. All the way from cheap as all hell to customs. Just stay away from the cheap as all hell ones.
Then you have to sort through things like Oxford, wingtips et all, many different styles depending on occasion / what he's wearing them with. Leather sole vs rubber (rubber soles tend to be the cheap as all hell variants)

And the best thing to keep them pristine and not lose their shape is a good cedar shoe tree. They're a must.

Good luck!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 12:29 AM   #6935
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyn-BMW View Post
Quote:
Period. No electric razor will ever get as close a shave as blades. I use electric if I'm not doing anything worthwhile, blades if it is.

Also. Can't use electric for my balls.
What about your taint?
That gets shaved too. Every inch of my body is …..tongue-friendly.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2021, 12:33 AM   #6936
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Period. No electric razor will ever get as close a shave as blades. I use electric if I'm not doing anything worthwhile, blades if it is.

What about your taint?
TMI mother fucker!!! TMI !!!

Side note - glad you finally got to see Hamilton. Although I'm contemplating revoking your man card for how hyped you were to see it, lol. Factoring in the new woman however.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      09-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #6937
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What about your taint?

Side note - glad you finally got to see Hamilton. Although I'm contemplating revoking your man card for how hyped you were to see it, lol. Factoring in the new woman however.
You getting old? Or am I??
Hamilton was MK, not Sedan
      09-22-2021, 11:57 AM   #6938
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

What about your taint?

You getting old? Or am I??
Hamilton was MK, not Sedan
Still you old timer, lol. I remember sedan was supposed to come up to see Hamilton in LA some time ago but…. Covid…. Him and his new lady friend!! I'm just happy he finally go a chance to go.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      09-28-2021, 10:36 PM   #6939
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Idk where else to put there but I have had an absolutely terrible week at taking care of my damn clothes. Got 5 new polos. Thursday, grease stain on the first - won't come out. Friday, another fricking grease stain on a different shirt. Monday, idk where the stain even came from but it's stained - 3rd shirt. Just landed in NY for an inspection, ironing the 4th, yup iron burned right through the material. What shit luck, so frustrated at myself. That's like $160 gone.... anyways, hope yall are better than me haha
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 04:59 AM   #6940
MsGoGoMoto
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3+REX, 1999 K1200RS Moto

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Idk where else to put there but I have had an absolutely terrible week at taking care of my damn clothes. Got 5 new polos. Thursday, grease stain on the first - won't come out. Friday, another fricking grease stain on a different shirt. Monday, idk where the stain even came from but it's stained - 3rd shirt. Just landed in NY for an inspection, ironing the 4th, yup iron burned right through the material. What shit luck, so frustrated at myself. That's like $160 gone.... anyways, hope yall are better than me haha
Gat damn my nig.
That's a cursed batch of shirts right there.
Probably got a grease stain on the plane too.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 05:51 AM   #6941
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsGoGoMoto View Post
Gat damn my nig.
That's a cursed batch of shirts right there.
Probably got a grease stain on the plane too.
Two were at work where we use a lot of heavy duty grease and cutting oils, I just dress probably nicer than I should be the shop environment haha. With that said, I haven't ruined any other shirts for like 6 months so I'll agree with the cursed batch. At least work bought them, might be pushing my luck to ask for more, but I am damn sure going to try!
Appreciate 1
MsGoGoMoto1218.00
      09-29-2021, 10:26 AM   #6942
Cyn-BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BWM E92 LCI+23 other cars

I can’t tell you the last time I wore a polo. I think it was Jr. high.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 10:29 AM   #6943
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
I can’t tell you the last time I wore a polo. I think it was Jr. high.
Funny... I only wear polo shirts.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 10:34 AM   #6944
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

My wife has been home for almost 2 years now. Working part time from home for about a year and a half. Now she's fully retired. I've been retired for a few years.

We've been married for 46 years and have always gotten along, but the past year or so, not as much. Guess there's a thing as being too close, lol. Hopefully this is just an adjustment period and it will get better.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24974.50
      09-29-2021, 10:57 AM   #6945
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Two were at work where we use a lot of heavy duty grease and cutting oils, I just dress probably nicer than I should be the shop environment haha. With that said, I haven't ruined any other shirts for like 6 months so I'll agree with the cursed batch. At least work bought them, might be pushing my luck to ask for more, but I am damn sure going to try!
Dawn dishwashing liquid. Dribble a little on the stain, work it in, then wash on regular cycle with the rest of your clothes. I spend a ton on clothes each year. I've learned all the tricks to keep them looking as new as possible for as long as possible. I'm constantly getting grease and oil on me from work. The only thing I've found that Dawn doesn't remove is paint.

I stopped wearing polo's/soft collared shirts years ago. Mostly when I started noticing people buttoning the top button. Also, from a style point of view, never wear a polo with sports jacket or blazer, especially while buttoning the top button. If the top button of any shirt is buttoned, a tie is required...period. Also, we need to stop the trend of wearing ties with polo's. Terrible look all the way around. This is where I'll catch flak from our friends in the UK.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 11:13 AM   #6946
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Ties with Polos? Who the f*** does that? I haven't seen that.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-29-2021, 11:23 AM   #6947
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I've seen it quite a bit in the past few years. On movies and TV shows, mostly UK based. Occasionally I'll see it on this side of the pond, in person. It's usually worn by someone who doesn't know how to dress or doesn't have many options for dress clothes and have to pull something off quickly. It's also usually accompanied by ill-fitting pants/shirt, black pants, black shoes and white gym socks.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12792.50
      09-29-2021, 11:25 AM   #6948
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

My murse's are the business. I don't leave home without one.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 11:29 AM   #6949
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
I've seen it quite a bit in the past few years. On movies and TV shows, mostly UK based. Occasionally I'll see it on this side of the pond, in person. It's usually worn by someone who doesn't know how to dress or doesn't have many options for dress clothes and have to pull something off quickly. It's also usually accompanied by ill-fitting pants/shirt, black pants, black shoes and white gym socks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-29-2021, 11:30 AM   #6950
shoei
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Dawn dishwashing liquid. Dribble a little on the stain, work it in, then wash on regular cycle with the rest of your clothes. I spend a ton on clothes each year. I've learned all the tricks to keep them looking as new as possible for as long as possible. I'm constantly getting grease and oil on me from work. The only thing I've found that Dawn doesn't remove is paint.

I stopped wearing polo's/soft collared shirts years ago. Mostly when I started noticing people buttoning the top button. Also, from a style point of view, never wear a polo with sports jacket or blazer, especially while buttoning the top button. If the top button of any shirt is buttoned, a tie is required...period. Also, we need to stop the trend of wearing ties with polo's. Terrible look all the way around. This is where I'll catch flak from our friends in the UK.
Saline (contact solution) lifts blood out of material. Even white.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00
      09-29-2021, 11:31 AM   #6951
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
BAN!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2021, 01:21 PM   #6952
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
I read a lot....The box is 12" high, 20" wide and 15" deep. I don't know what to do with them all.

Name:  books.jpg
Views: 2536
Size:  109.4 KB