BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

BPM

07-25-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
USCTROJANSFIGHTON
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car. Vrooom.

E93 Trunk doesnt close completely

Hello everyone.

E93 M3.
I might be experiencing the same issue. Hopefully not a broken wire.
I close the trunk (normal closing). I dont hear the soft close automation closing the trunk. The trunk is consider still opening according to the YELLOW warning light on the dash
However, if push down with a little force on the RIGHT side.. I will hear a Click...and and 2nd click click...which I assume is the SCA working.

Now I can open my top or close my top. I can drive without the yellow warning light.

If it was a true broken wire, that means SCA will NOT work, which means the trunk is never closed....which means you cant open/close the vert top, correct?

I would have to push down on slightly to the right of the center of trunk to get the Soft closing accut. to pull the trunk in.....so that it is completely secure.

If I close the trunk and leave it in the down close position, SCA doesnt grab the trunk....i have push it a little harder to get the SCA to pull the trunk in.

Is this normal operation or do I have a fault?

Thanks

Can someone with E93m3 or non-m3 confirm this?

Do you have put some force to get the trunk to close completely? I recall years ago, I would just close the trunk...and trunk with pull itself in to close completely without much effort...hence the name soft close automation
Appreciate 0