BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

12-10-2019, 03:44 PM   #67
divadp17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 m3 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk94 View Post
Yes, they are 100% worth it. They aren't a very expensive mod and add quick handling balance adjustability. I have them on my car and I'm very happy with them.
I see that there are 3 holes for the adjustment.
What setting do you prefer for stock suspension?

IG: divadp17
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2019, 06:58 PM   #68
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitopark View Post
Front bar is 4 hole, rear is 3 hole. I never ran them on the car with stock suspension so I can't provide any insight there, sorry.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 05:16 PM   #69
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davitopark View Post
Quote:
Yes, they are 100% worth it. They aren't a very expensive mod and add quick handling balance adjustability. I have them on my car and I'm very happy with them.
I tried all the holes in any combinations.
The front you can't use the 4th, it interfere with the light hight adjustment on the driver side.

The first and second were too stiff in relation to the rear.

on the rear, I broke the rear using the stiff settings. Before I broke it, I was mostly on the middle hole (70% stiffer that stock)

The majority of my track days were on 70% front an d rear, but I feel that the front was stiffer than it should have been. Because the front was on 70%, I had to put the rear on at least 70% to fight normal understeer tendency of the M3.

To make long story short, I switches to H&R which are non adjustable and 50% stiffer than stock front and rear. Because it is non adjustable, the end is like OEM length and does not interfere with the light hight adjuster.
Appreciate 0
      12-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #70
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyary View Post
The front you can't use the 4th, it interfere with the light hight adjustment on the driver side.

on the rear, I broke the rear using the stiff settings. Before I broke it, I was mostly on the middle hole (70% stiffer that stock)

The majority of my track days were on 70% front an d rear, but I feel that the front was stiffer than it should have been. Because the front was on 70%, I had to put the rear on at least 70% to fight normal understeer tendency of the M3.

To make long story short, I switches to H&R which are non adjustable and 50% stiffer than stock front and rear. Because it is non adjustable, the end is like OEM length and does not interfere with the light hight adjuster.
I have not had the issue with using the 4th hole. You should be able to work around that with different end-link lengths or mounting style. In fact I switched from Eibach to Hotchkis in order to correct some fitment challenges I had with the Eibach bars. Specifically the Eibach's rubbed my rear shocks. This was due to the fact that the Ohlins TTX utilizes an in-line reservoir in the rear which makes the shock diameter larger than typical.

FWIW I'm using them and I'm in middle stiffness in the front and full soft in the rear. I have not had understeer issues. However you run a narrow front tire - that could be a contributing factor. There's also dampening settings that can influence understeer. As you know, sway bars are one of multiple ways to adjust under/over steer characteristics.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1
tsk941522.00
      12-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #71
tsk94
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, E82 128i, F82 M4, E36

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
I have not had the issue with using the 4th hole. You should be able to work around that with different end-link lengths or mounting style. In fact I switched from Eibach to Hotchkis in order to correct some fitment challenges I had with the Eibach bars. Specifically the Eibach's rubbed my rear shocks. This was due to the fact that the Ohlins TTX utilizes an in-line reservoir in the rear which makes the shock diameter larger than typical.

FWIW I'm using them and I'm in middle stiffness in the front and full soft in the rear. I have not had understeer issues. However you run a narrow front tire - that could be a contributing factor. There's also dampening settings that can influence understeer. As you know, sway bars are one of multiple ways to adjust under/over steer characteristics.
Ya, your issue not being able to use the 4th hole is likely one caused by your end links. Like Slicer, I have no issues using all the holes - front and rear.
But I am using custom end links up front made by KW for my desired ride height range, so I'd expect it to work with no issues..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 10:07 AM   #72
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Ya, your issue not being able to use the 4th hole is likely one caused by your end links. Like Slicer, I have no issues using all the holes - front and rear.
But I am using custom end links up front made by KW for my desired ride height range, so I'd expect it to work with no issues..
Good point.
However, the last hole is 50% stiffer than stock,which is what the H&R are.

Because I do have adjustable shocks, I went to the H&R and sold the Hotchkis. I can stiffen up the front with the JRZ controls.

For stock suspension the Hotchkis are a good, inexpensive, solution to stiffen up the front.

I had only 2 trackdays on the H&R.
Before I broke the Hotchkis (set on stiffer 92% from stock) I was driving them on the middle hole. (70%) most of the time.

With the Rear H&R, (50% over stock) I adjusted the JRZ one click stiffer and it felt about the same.

I will know more in 2020.

Anyway, I have had many trackdays on the Hotchkis front and rear on 70% and it is a good option.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 10:12 AM   #73
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

>> However you run a narrow front tire - that could be a contributing factor.

Sometimes I ran narrow tires slicks (235/35)
I also ran 245/35, 265/30, 265/35 and 275/30 on the front. So i have variety of experiences.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #74
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

>> However you run a narrow front tire - that could be a contributing factor.

Sometimes I ran narrow tires slicks (235/35)
I also ran 245/35, 265/30, 265/35 and 275/30 on the front. So i have variety of experiences.
BTW I think I know why you had an issue with the 4th hole on swaybar. You must have been mounting the end link on the inside. See pic. I mount on the outside.
Attached Images

'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 12:48 PM   #75
divadp17
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 m3 6mt

https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1693513

Anyone help me out with install rear endlinks?

IG: divadp17
Appreciate 0