BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

EXXEL Distributions

08-05-2018, 09:07 AM   #89
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

If winning football games was most important wouldn't urban have fired dude right off as hes not the reason they have been successful? My guess is we all have friends that have done bad things and have done so ourselves. I'm with ace he tried to help a friend, believed him, and made a mistake, didnt do anything heinous it's just a silly witch hunt.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 10:20 AM   #90
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G05 45e, 997.1 & 991.1 GT3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Let's see...deflect, deflect, deflect. Yep, you haven't learned a new trick yet.

If you've got a girlfriend, wife, daughter or any combination of the above, I feel truly sorry for those women. Much the same way I feel pity for the women in Urban Meyer's life. It has to be difficult to try to explain to them why winning college football games is of greater importance than the physical and psychological well-being of a woman.

But hey, GO BUCKEYES! Right?
Who's your team bro? Let's see who your saints are!
      08-05-2018, 10:46 AM   #91
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
Who's your team bro? Let's see who your saints are!
Wow, you really don’t have anything else to defend Urban Cryer, do you? Sad.

Go on, tell us all again how every other college football program has a head coach who ignores all the evidence of one of his assistants abusing his wife for nine years. Come on, you can always work “not everything is black and white” or “glass houses” into another weak sauce post full of excuses. Please explain again how choking a woman is somehow an issue with a lot of grey area, and how someone with a history of such behavior is deserving of loyalty and second (and third) chances.

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 12:46 PM   #92
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Come on man, you said your program values character over wins, let's see it! What are you hiding?

Hypocrite
      08-05-2018, 12:58 PM   #93
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Come on man, you said your program values character over wins, let's see it! What are you hiding?
Already told you, Captain Zero Reading Comprehension, no one associated with my program has been accused of abusing their wife/girlfriend or allowed such abuse to go unchecked and then publicly lied about it.

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 01:15 PM   #94
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Already told you, Captain Zero Reading Comprehension, no one associated with my program has been accused of abusing their wife/girlfriend or allowed such abuse to go unchecked and then publicly lied about it.

What's the matter? Why can't you just tell us your team? I should just take your word for it that they're all stand up guys huh? Yeah okay, until you let us know, I'm done responding to you. You're just as a big hypocrite as the person you're criticizing.
      08-05-2018, 01:26 PM   #95
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
What's the matter? Why can't you just tell us your team? I should just take your word for it that they're all stand up guys huh? Yeah okay, until you let us know, I'm done responding to you. You're just as a big hypocrite as the person you're criticizing.
Yep, me not answering your grade-school challenge on an Internet forum is exactly the same as a man who is paid millions of dollars to represent a major state university keeping an abuser on his staff and then lying about it. Thanks for bowing out of this before you embarrass yourself any further.

http://www.unsportsmanlike-conduct.c...-lied-about-it

Anyone who could read the history of this sordid affair and still blindly support Urban Meyer’s actions basically has no soul.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 01:36 PM   #96
DDD31
Captain
Rep
Drives: 24 M3CS, 95 E320, 85 300CD

Quote:
Dude just stop with the “what about” defense, we have enough of that BS from both sides of the political aisles.

Just man up and say you don’t care if Meyer protected a known wife abuser as long as he wins football games.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
1999 Hellrot M3 coupe (retired)
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII2932.00
      08-05-2018, 01:50 PM   #97
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

You guys are all hypocrites. Come on...let us know the stand up guys you support. It's a legitimate question to ask. Since we're talking about what woulda, coulda, shoulda happened, let's see how your outstanding stand-up institutions handled similar situations.

And I never said abuse is okay. I only said I can understand Urban's conflict in his situation.

Last edited by Flying Ace; 08-05-2018 at 01:59 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2018, 03:25 PM   #98
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDD31 View Post
Dude just stop with the “what about” defense, we have enough of that BS from both sides of the political aisles.

Just man up and say you don’t care if Meyer protected a known wife abuser as long as he wins football games.
He clearly doesn’t care, but obviously isn’t man enough to admit it. He’d rather equivocate and claim that it’s not a big deal that his favorite head coach is a liar and a scumbag, because his belief is that every other coach has similar skeletons in their closets. Guess his mama never taught him the old saying, “two wrongs don’t make a right”.
Appreciate 1
DDD311646.00
      08-06-2018, 07:37 PM   #99
Mamyf30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: f30

I see only three scenarios play out...1) Meyer is found lying/covering up and is fired..2) Meyer “acknowledges” he followed protocol on reporting woman abuser so makes tough PR move for OSU bc they don’t condone keeping abusers employed so they fire him to make statement..3) they absolve him of all sins regardless of leadership/role model he is and keep him so it makes OSU look like shit as university since they down play abusers and think it’s ok...in the end all three parties lose
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2018, 08:05 PM   #100
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Well, OSU takes the gutless path and suspends Urban Meyer for the first 3 games of the season, proving that winning trumps all else at some schools. The suspension is an admission that he did something wrong, but OSU would like the world to believe it wasn’t that wrong.

Pure chickenshit.
Appreciate 1
DDD311646.00
      08-22-2018, 10:39 PM   #101
DDD31
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well, OSU takes the gutless path and suspends Urban Meyer for the first 3 games of the season, proving that winning trumps all else at some schools. The suspension is an admission that he did something wrong, but OSU would like the world to believe it wasn’t that wrong.

Pure chickenshit.
Yep not surprised at all by the outcome. THE Ohio State University proves once again that all that matters is winning.

2021 MBB M5C (retired) 2018 Daytona Violet M3 ZCP (retired), 2016 AW 550i (retired)
2013 EBII 335i (retired), 2008 Platinum Bronze 535xi (retired), 2007 Monaco Blue 335i (retired)
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2018, 06:17 PM   #102
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Urban Meyer - what a dick! Can't even address/apologize or show the slightest sympathy towards Zach Smith's wife. Class act at OSU!
Attached Images

08-23-2018, 10:23 PM   #103
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Oh please. I know none of you even bothered to read 2 words on the official report of findings and have already made up your mind, but if you at least open up you minds and read the important excerpts summarized here, you'll see in Urban's situation he had minimum culpability.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/1071508002

To date, there are no charges filed let along arrest. Heck, even Courtney Smith's OWN mother discredited the 2015 incident as false.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...223132593.html

So, sure you can still continue to be haters. Haters gonna hate, but let's keep this thread about the game of football and let's talk about your fantastically shitty and hypocritical team's chances at winning even your conferences this year and trying to keep your own players out of jail.

Shall we start....Mookie, so your Noles, do they seem Jameis as the standard by which they would play to?

As for DDD31 and JamesWWIII...I've net even seen you post in this annual college football forum in the last 4 years...so I'm not holding much hope you're even "fans"
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 12:00 AM   #104
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Oh please. I know none of you even bothered to read 2 words on the official report of findings and have already made up your mind, but if you at least open up you minds and read the important excerpts summarized here, you'll see in Urban's situation he had minimum culpability.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usa...amp/1071508002

To date, there are no charges filed let along arrest. Heck, even Courtney Smith's OWN mother discredited the 2015 incident as false.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yah...223132593.html

So, sure you can still continue to be haters. Haters gonna hate, but let's keep this thread about the game of football and let's talk about your fantastically shitty and hypocritical team's chances at winning even your conferences this year and trying to keep your own players out of jail.

Shall we start....Mookie, so your Noles, do they seem Jameis as the standard by which they would play to?

As for DDD31 and JamesWWIII...I've net even seen you post in this annual college football forum in the last 4 years...so I'm not holding much hope you're even "fans"
Still defending the indefensible, huh? Typical Suckeye mentality. I’m not even an alum of OSU, and I was embarrassed for every person who has a degree from the school, as they put on a shameful public display of what they truly value as an institution: Win at all costs, kick character and accountability to the curb. That scumbag Meyer couldn’t have exuded more contempt and displayed less contrition, as he read that statement they wrote for him as though they just stuck it in his hands right before he walked out in front of the cameras, and did so with the flat, emotionless affect of a true sociopath. I wouldn’t have that asshole as the leader of my school’s football program if he offered to take the job for free. Then he doubles down on sleaze by refusing to give any straight answers to most reporters’ questions, throws his wife under the bus one more time by claiming she never shared any information with him, and when handed a chance to offer some sort of mea culpa to the victim in this case he can’t even say her name or utter even the slightest hint of apology. The man is trash, plain and simple.

As for that report that OSU conveniently waited until after the press conference to release to the media? It certainly doesn’t paint a flattering picture of the failures that have followed Meyer since 2009 when he had the first opportunity to be a man and stop employing an animal who abused his pregnant wife. And that bullshit excuse that poor Urban is on some type of medication that leads to memory lapses? That’s the most laughable crap I’ve ever heard. How many times can Coach Cryer use his health as a crutch to squirm out of uncomfortable situations of his own making? He wiped his phone of all texts older than one year, is that something you do if you believe you’ve done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide? Only someone wearing scarlet blinders could read that report and think that it possibly exonerates the man of wrongdoing. If anything, the report makes a solid case for how Meyer could’ve been fired with cause, but the Board of Trustees saw nothing more important than a 73-8 record, screw the reputation of a proud academic institution. There wasn’t a single person on ESPN the morning after OSU’s shitshow who didn’t echo the comments I’m making here...Not. A. Single. One. What does that tell you?

Oh, and it’s been hard for me to post in this thread the last 4 years when I just joined the forum this year. I guess that’s the type of logic fail you get with an OSU education. But I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that Flying Ace is just a sidewalk alum who is only a fan of Suckeye football and has never set foot in a classroom at the school. Now let’s see you try to spin this latest information from the reporter who broke this story:

https://m.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMur...59446414079412
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 12:06 AM   #105
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Still defending the indefensible, huh? Typical Suckeye mentality. I’m not even an alum of OSU, and I was embarrassed for every person who has a degree from the school, as they put on a shameful public display of what they truly value as an institution: Win at all costs, kick character and accountability to the curb. That scumbag Meyer couldn’t have exuded more contempt and displayed less contrition, as he read that statement they wrote for him as though they just stuck it in his hands right before he walked out in front of the cameras, and did so with the flat, emotionless affect of a true sociopath. I wouldn’t have that asshole as the leader of my school’s football program if he offered to take the job for free. Then he doubles down on sleaze by refusing to give any straight answers to most reporters’ questions, throws his wife under the bus one more time by claiming she never shared any information with him, and when handed a chance to offer some sort of mea culpa to the victim in this case he can’t even say her name or utter even the slightest hint of apology. The man is trash, plain and simple.

As for that report that OSU conveniently waited until after the press conference to release to the media? It certainly doesn’t paint a flattering picture of the failures that have followed Meyer since 2009 when he had the first opportunity to be a man and stop employing an animal who abused his pregnant wife. And that bullshit excuse that poor Urban is on some type of medication that leads to memory lapses? That’s the most laughable crap I’ve ever heard. How many times can Coach Cryer use his health as a crutch to squirm out of uncomfortable situations of his own making? He wiped his phone of all texts older than one year, is that something you do if you believe you’ve done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide? Only someone wearing scarlet blinders could read that report and think that it possibly exonerates the man of wrongdoing. If anything, the report makes a solid case for how Meyer could’ve been fired with cause, but the Board of Trustees saw nothing more important than a 73-8 record, screw the reputation of a proud academic institution. There wasn’t a single person on ESPN the morning after OSU’s shitshow who didn’t echo the comments I’m making here...Not. A. Single. One. What does that tell you?

Oh, and it’s been hard for me to post in this thread the last 4 years when I just joined the forum this year. I guess that’s the type of logic fail you get with an OSU education. But I’ve got a sneaking suspicion that Flying Ace is just a sidewalk alum who is only a fan of Suckeye football and has never set foot in a classroom at the school. Now let’s see you try to spin this latest information from the reporter who broke this story:

https://m.facebook.com/TheBrettMcMur...59446414079412
Wow...lol Haters gonna hate. I don't need to prove to YOU anytime about who I am. I've been on here long enough to actually have met folks on the forum, so people know who I am. Hypocrites like you are just laughable.

Tell me again, the fantastic University that you represent.

You want to know 1 ESPN reporter that defends Urban? Trevor Matich...watch his exchange with Vilma on College Football Live from today. Hypocrites like you have selective hearing, selective reading, selective reasoning.

You realize you're putting a lot of weight on a reporter and person who has very little credibility? McMurphy has edited his report multiple times with no editorial method of disclosing his changes to his story. Courtney Smith's own mom called the entire 2015 incident a lie. How do you explain this?

And to date, there is no arrest, there is no charge. There is nothing. Now go troll some FSU or Penn State fans....

Last edited by Flying Ace; 08-24-2018 at 12:17 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 12:36 AM   #106
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, yeah...we got it, dude. “Haters gonna hate” “Everything isn’t black or white” “What about other schools?” “There’s no charge”, deflect, deny, blah, blah, blah...

Got anymore cliched drivel you care to use to try to spin this utter embarrassment in favor of your favorite college football program? Notice I didn’t say school, because I’m pretty certain now that you never attended OSU. Is this the absolute best you’ve got?

Some Suckeye homer who writes books about OSU football for a living reports what other homers like you think is BREAKING NEWS with regard to the abused wife’s mother, and then a real journalist continues to blast away with text messages that blow that weak shit up. No wonder Urban Cryer deleted years worth of texts from his phone, huh? Or do you have some sort of twisted excuse for why he did that? You think McMurphy is just manufacturing all these texts? How do you explain the mother’s angry texts to Smith?

If there was really nothing going on here but “he said, she said” and a woman’s vindictive attempt to ruin a man’s life, why did Meyer fire Smith? Why is Meyer suspended at all?

Last edited by JamesWWIII; 08-24-2018 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 01:08 AM   #107
Flying Ace
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, yeah...we got it, dude. “Haters gonna hate” “Everything isn’t black or white” “What about other schools?” “There’s no charge”, deflect, deny, blah, blah, blah...

Got anymore cliched drivel you care to use to try to spin this utter embarrassment in favor of your favorite college football program? Notice I didn’t say school, because I’m pretty certain now that you never attended OSU. Is this the absolute best you’ve got?

Some Suckeye homer who writes books about OSU football for a living reports what other homers like you think is BREAKING NEWS with regard to the abused wife’s mother, and then a real journalist continues to blast away with text messages that blow that weak shit up. No wonder Urban Cryer deleted years worth of texts from his phone, huh? Or do you have some sort of twisted excuse for why he did that? You think McMurphy is just manufacturing all these texts? How do you explain the mother’s angry texts to Smith?

If there was really nothing going on here but “he said, she said” and a woman’s vindictive attempt to ruin a man’s life, why did Meyer fire Smith? Why is Meyer suspended at all?
Given that you talk alot about lying, heart attacks, bitterness and name calling, you sound like a Gators fan.

Dude, it's 2AM in South Carolina. You really have nothing better to do than arguing over your lost coach on a car forum?
      08-24-2018, 01:28 AM   #108
JamesWWIII
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
^^^^
Pathetic attempt...absolutely pathetic.

Now let’s try some truth instead of Suckeye Spin...

Appreciate 0
      08-24-2018, 06:35 AM   #109
mookie45
Major
Rep
Drives: 2017 AW 340i M-Sport

Flying Ace - do you realize the link you posted on excerpts about the findings of the investigation further confirms Meyer was guilty and is clearly incapable of leading the simplest of programs. The guy is known for weak leadership with zero accountability.

1) Smith had stretch of 'problematic' behavior
2) Meyer may have wiped his phone
3) Medication may have played a role?
4) Meyer had 'blind spot' for Smith

All these point to wrong doing on Urban’s part.

Once again you keep on deflecting. Sure you always try and loop in my program but run from the current problem at hand which is OSU. You sure loved to dish it when I was in the spot light and can’t take it now. Man up boy!

Talking about keeping players out of jail... Urban Meyer leads college football with the most arrests...he has 31 arrests or so under his watch. Guy truly is a role model LOL!
      08-24-2018, 08:13 AM   #110
DDD31
Captain
Rep

Flying Ace - just keep reinforcing that all that matters at THEE Ohio State University is winning football games. The press conference yesterday with 'Honest" Urbs was academy award winning cringeworthy. The excuses, the spin, the deflection, the random medication amnesia excuse, and worst of all acting like the biggest victim here was THEE Ohio State University.

Once again I ask you to just man up and admit to yourself that you don't give a shit how it's done as long as THEE Ohio State University wins football games.

Now to go troll PSU or FSU fans since I'm just a hater not a college football fan because I haven't posted in here for 4 years

Appreciate 0