BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

03-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #23
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wfdeacon88 View Post
I heard that stuff was a complete scam. Apparently it claims the 'pores need to soak in the moisture' or whatever... unfortunately, dead cow skin doesn't have functional pores, so you are just adding a bunch of chemicals inside it. Why not just use some nice leather cleaner? Chemical guys makes a nice set.
Leatherique has proven results. A quick search on any car forum will show you that.
I did search, and that's when I found multiple posts debunking it's claims of "letting the pores soak it in".... since the "pores" are dead, this is absurd. Searching also yielded the appearance that there are multiple leatherique groupie accounts probably all the same sales person posting the same marketing claims over and over. seems way to sketchy to let an interior be soaked in chemicals and then "bake" in the sun... the results of a few were a horrible, greasy looking mess.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 10:37 AM   #24
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

Quote:
the results of a few were a horrible, greasy looking mess.
That's because they probably did not do a good job removing it after.

Leatherique and SwissVax is the only leather products I trust.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 10:56 AM   #25
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
I did search, and that's when I found multiple posts debunking it's claims of "letting the pores soak it in".... since the "pores" are dead, this is absurd. Searching also yielded the appearance that there are multiple leatherique groupie accounts probably all the same sales person posting the same marketing claims over and over. seems way to sketchy to let an interior be soaked in chemicals and then "bake" in the sun... the results of a few were a horrible, greasy looking mess.
Greasy mess is because people did not use it properly. I had AMAZING results with Leatherique. I plan on using it at least once a year. Don’t bash something you have not used yourself.

BTW Chemical guys are garbage (yes I’ve tried and gave it away)
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2019, 11:03 AM   #26
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Be advised that Leatherique Rejuvenator only works on cars with uncoated leather like that on the M3.

The regular leather that is in most cars is coated with polyurethane. Leatherique will not work on that besides prestine clean for cleaning.

That said, I stick with Leather Masters for my M3. It's pretty good and leaves a matte finish. No need to leave it in the sun etc.
      03-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #27
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Leatherique is far from a scam my friend. It's the best.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 03:13 AM   #28
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
I heard that stuff was a complete scam. Apparently it claims the 'pores need to soak in the moisture' or whatever... unfortunately, dead cow skin doesn't have functional pores, so you are just adding a bunch of chemicals inside it. Why not just use some nice leather cleaner? Chemical guys makes a nice set.
Chemical guys leather products are literally a joke.

Many of us have used leatherrique including myself with amazing results.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2019, 03:15 AM   #29
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Also, common misconception is the order in which you use the products.

Conditioner then cleaner. Any real natural leather will yield incredible results with leatherrique.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 12:03 AM   #30
osukf09
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3 ZCP

+1 for leatherique rejuvenator and pristine clean for steering wheel and all leather in my m3. Works super well.

Even just a quick go with pristine clean is all you really need for majority of the time. Only use rejuvenator once a year or so.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2019, 11:13 PM   #31
Zero_Cool
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 Imola 6spd

Quote:
I used leatherique on my E39 M5, which was a Florida car, and the interior was fairly damaged from the sun. I can tell you its not a scam. I applied several coats of the rejuvenating oil during the middle of summer and it brought my seats back to life. You have to apply it liberally over the course of several coats. There is an awesome thread with an E36 interior being recovered and painted with their products.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2019, 11:59 PM   #32
acarr6
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT

Colourlock strong leather cleaner does wonders on these greasy steering wheels. As it's called, it's pretty strong. So I wouldn't use it as a monthly cleaner, more as like a one time mow-down, then maintain afterwards with more mild alternatives.