BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

11-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #23
ImmortalBimmer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 MW M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
Question about your tire setup. I just installed a harrop supercharger on my 2012 e92, with stock zcp wheels and suspension (no spacers). Currently running stock size PS4s tires, (245s and 265s). I obviously need way more rubber on the back, and need to change the fronts up to keep the balance correct.

You mentioned that you are running 295 PS4s tires on the rear, and it sounds like you are on stock zcp suspension and without spacers as well.

What is the total tire setup you are running? Do you have any issues with the wider setup? No rubbing? Handles well? In other threads i've seen people comment that 295s on the rear and anything wider than 255s on the front dont give enough sidewall support. However, I've never actually found anybody running this setup specifically on the PS4S tires and am curious how its working out for you.
You're correct, I'm on stock competition package suspension with ZCP rims no spacers. I'm running 265/30 up front and 295/30 out back. When the tires are brand new, i would rub the inside when i hit a huge bump in the rear. The rest of the time it drives like normal. I have yet to take it to the track as i'm daily at the moment. In 1st gear im breaking loose and TC would kick in still. In 2nd, I would loose traction depending on weather. I do notice alot of wheel hop and pulling to the side in 1st. Im upgrading the rear subframe bushing to solid aluminum and rear differential to delrin to help become more planted, just haven't had time to install it yet.
Appreciate 1
drwankel1025.50