BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-01-2008, 07:50 AM   #23
monsta
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

midlifecrisis great post!

My best moment was when I picked up my car on my birthday (maybe best bday gift to myself ever)

hitting the limiter (I'm not talking rev) is sicccckkkk
&
practically everytime I get in the car it feels amazing!

'08 E92 M3 6MT | IB | FR | RAC RG63's | VRS Ti Exhaust | Fabspeed HFC & Xpipe
'09 X5 35d SG/SB
'11 X3 28i AW/CN/FW (wife's car
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 10:32 AM   #24
AW_M3
///M
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/FR Extended

it happens to me everyday.. the moment when i get behind the wheels and take off
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #25
lizak187
Lizak187
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 bmw 325ci/2008m3 coup

when 14 gallons of Super gas only cost me 36.00 Bucks !!!!! as of 11/1
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 01:04 PM   #26
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

best M3 moment, eh?...

...well for me, it would have to be the time when an e90 M3 (sedan) instigated a race with me while getting onto the highway. essentially, an e90 (which i didn't know at first was an M3) pulled up next to me in the inside lane of a two-lane on ramp. well i realized it was an M3 when i started hearing a V8 revving obnoxiously at me a few seconds before the light changed. after making the turn onto the on ramp (and falling back approx. one carlength from being in the outside lane), i straightened out and floored it. i made up the lost ground with plenty of time and space to spare, and continued to pass the M3 before my lane merged into his. by the time we were on the highway, i was a solid two carlengths ahead.

anyways, i know i don't own an M3, but this was definitely my "best M3 moment" (which barely edges out the time i got to ride in my buddy's 550whp e36 M3 - that moment came in a close 2nd ).

cliffs: e90 M3 instigates race with '94 BPU Supra, and ends up getting pulled 3 carlengths from 20-110mph. i was on pump gas (93 octane) ans 17psi at the time.

perhaps one of these days this "best M3 moment" will be eclipsed by the moment i purchase my own M3...but until then, i guess my best M3 moments will come from running up against them.
      11-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #27
Blue0013
Let's go to the track!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 Sick Car

I wouldn't know where to begin! I have and still have so many great moments with this car. I am just glad to be here in Germany with all the back roads and Autobahns. I just get the chance to drive it hard all the time everyday. Just broke 7000 miles last night. Took the ///M out at 5:30pm didn't get home till after 3 in the morning. Cost me 2 full tanks of gas, but it was worth it and always is. I mean i have been to the Nurburgring several times and my best is a 8:47 and I am extremely excited about that. My best before that wasn't so great, but I would have to say that my best moment was letting my wife drive the ///M. (Let me explain first, okay?)

She was out of town visiting family and I drove down the next day. All her friends and family were outside when I came and pulled up. They were all in love and talking about the car. I over heard one of my wifes friends trying to convince her to take the girls for a ride downtown to show off. Keep in mind my wife hasn't driven the car yet. She is perfectly happy driving her Odyssey. Up to that point my wife never really thought about even taking it for a drive. She tried to tell me what the girls wanted to do, but I tried to act like I was busy and wasn't paying her any attention. (She had got the point) Later that day her brother had left to go to his house to get a change of clothes for his daughter and forgot his house keys. Well my wife said that she would bring the keys to him. On her way out the door she showed me the ///M keys. So i dropped everything I was doing and ran out the door after her trying my damnest to play it off. I am not worried about my wifes driving, it is just that I had parked the car in a weird spot on a very tight street so no one would mess with it. Anyway she gets in the car adjusts everything. Then she starts the car. My heart was beating faster than the first time I drove on the Nring! She pulls it out nice and slow everything was good. Once we got out on the main road I was just starting to calm down, casue my wife was talking about how nice it drives and feels. The calm went away very quickly! She stomps on the gas at that point and her face looks like this She lets out this hiddous laugh like a hohoho, but evil like. Then she hits the on ramp to the autobahn. I looked over at her and she had this grin that went from ear to ear. I was lucky she only had to go to the very next exit. The only thing she said was "man I can't believe I am doing 140 mph already that was easy". So we make the exit. She calms down still with the same big grin on her face. We get to her brothers house, and you should have seen his face. He was so pissed, (his wife said he wasn't allowed to drive it) but that had to be the best moment for me by far. Now she really wants a E90///M bad.
      11-01-2008, 10:58 PM   #28
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94JZA80 View Post
best M3 moment, eh?...

...well for me, it would have to be the time when an e90 M3 (sedan) instigated a race with me while getting onto the highway. essentially, an e90 (which i didn't know at first was an M3) pulled up next to me in the inside lane of a two-lane on ramp. well i realized it was an M3 when i started hearing a V8 revving obnoxiously at me a few seconds before the light changed. after making the turn onto the on ramp (and falling back approx. one carlength from being in the outside lane), i straightened out and floored it. i made up the lost ground with plenty of time and space to spare, and continued to pass the M3 before my lane merged into his. by the time we were on the highway, i was a solid two carlengths ahead.

anyways, i know i don't own an M3, but this was definitely my "best M3 moment" (which barely edges out the time i got to ride in my buddy's 550whp e36 M3 - that moment came in a close 2nd ).

cliffs: e90 M3 instigates race with '94 BPU Supra, and ends up getting pulled 3 carlengths from 20-110mph. i was on pump gas (93 octane) ans 17psi at the time.

perhaps one of these days this "best M3 moment" will be eclipsed by the moment i purchase my own M3...but until then, i guess my best M3 moments will come from running up against them.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 05:20 PM   #29
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegatlc View Post
The best moment...each time I push that button. This car is amazing!

Moments that really stand out are when my 9 yr old son and I have a "hang out" day, windows down, crank the tunes, drive with no destination, and have some quality father-son time!
I can relate to this. Nice!
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2008, 05:28 PM   #30
JPH
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgdog View Post
The most exitement I've had was when I picked up my e46 M3 in 2002. It was about a 7 month wait after I ordered. I barely slept the night before and got up about 4:00 AM. I must have drank 10 cups of coffee prior to picking up the car. It is hard to reproduce the level of excitement I felt with that first M3, but I still get a little tinge of excitement every time I get in my BMW.
Nice looking E46. Love Seattle, used to be a Puget Sound Chapter member when I had my E46 330Ci and lived in Seattle.
Appreciate 0