BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-05-2013, 04:43 PM   #133
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Super tip!
HU remote wires was not connected to ISO harness ---> Metra interface.
Connected and remote wire working again.

Thanks Technic.
Technic is the man.
      07-02-2018, 08:29 PM   #134
irokwrx
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ESS G1 BC

I know this post is super old but reading this a few weeks ago convinced me to go ahead and order all the parts needed to add a 10 W6v3 sub and hd750/1 in the trunk. I ordered everything needed at the same time. The sub box came from overseas from a seller on eBay (visual.ice) nice box. I paid 180 shipped to my door. ( I will try to upload a pic). My issue is I ordered the LCI and wires from Technic PnP and they take forever to ship. I got a tracking number but no movement. Anyone else do this and had any issues with battery drain due to the amp & lci not turning off for a few mins?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 06:35 PM   #135
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

hey guys I wanted to ask is it possible to use the pin 13 remote wire (thin black one) as a 12V trigger to power my relay in the trunk so I can draw power to add a 12V socket in the rear trunk?

Sorry this might be a dumb question, but what is the "remote wire" exactly?
      08-06-2019, 10:00 PM   #136
BIGW0RM
You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post
hey guys I wanted to ask is it possible to use the pin 13 remote wire (thin black one) as a 12V trigger to power my relay in the trunk so I can draw power to add a 12V socket in the rear trunk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON.M3 View Post

NO! It has a very low amp draw rate. I think that's the correct term. The all mighty Technic stereo guru did not recommend us using that for our amp trigger either. He said if you fry that line you up shit creek because it powers your roof antenna. I used it for my amp remote anyways. But it was super thin and I was terrified to splice into it. But I did it.

I'd wire it to the fuse wire a fuse tap. But I have no clue which fuse to use though.

Good luck!
      08-06-2019, 10:46 PM   #137
GORDON.M3
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 • F25 X3 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGW0RM View Post
NO! It has a very low amp draw rate. I think that's the correct term. The all mighty Technic stereo guru did not recommend us using that for our amp trigger either. He said if you fry that line you up shit creek because it powers your roof antenna. I used it for my amp remote anyways. But it was super thin and I was terrified to splice into it. But I did it.

I'd wire it to the fuse wire a fuse tap. But I have no clue which fuse to use though.

Good luck!
I'm thinking of tapping it to a relay, the relay will draw power from the car's battery. I'm only trying to use it as a trigger, so it can trigger the relay in the ON position. I think relays don't use much power from the trigger source I assume... Anyone else have experience?