BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

05-14-2018, 02:19 PM   #67
CorruptCommie
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamTime View Post
Yeah, I thought the whole thing was kinda odd tbh. But, I try to look at things from other people’s perspectives, even if I don’t understand them. Ultimately, they did say they left the choice up to each individual instructor, but that they generally discouraged it and most of the instructors did too. So, I just left it alone. ARPCA put on a great, well organized event, but the whole experience did make me kind of homesick for my BMWCCA buds. Besides, a paddock filled with Porsches just did not do it for me like I expected it to lol. I missed seeing all the M3s
That explains the no camera thing. Every other PCA club I've ran with isn't as tight ass'ed as those guys. Don't let them turn you away from PCA clubs. BMWCCA isn't as big in Ohio as PCA, so plenty of M3's running here and always a good time.
      05-14-2018, 02:29 PM   #68
DreamTime
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorruptCommie View Post
That explains the no camera thing. Every other PCA club I've ran with isn't as tight ass'ed as those guys. Don't let them turn you away from PCA clubs. BMWCCA isn't as big in Ohio as PCA, so plenty of M3's running here and always a good time.
Lmao, well that's good to know! Thanks for clarifying that

As an officer for my BMWCCA chapter, I feel like I need to promote our regional HPDEs. But, the prices on the PCA events are hard to beat sometimes. I'm sure I'll give them another shot down the road
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #69
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

To be fair - everyone at the ARPCA event was super welcoming & friendly. Nice people and I really did have a great time. I received top notch instructing too, so really no complaints on my end. Just the weird camera thing I guess.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2018, 08:45 PM   #70
DreamTime
Captain
Rep

Hello everyone!

I have decided to update this thread every time I check off one of the tracks on my list. This weekend was AMP, and I have to say... this is one fantastic track. If you live anywhere near Atlanta you should make a point to drive this course.

First off, the facilities are top notch. This is easily the nicest track I have been to for facilities alone. Every last part of the paddock/garage/clubhouse areas are amazing. Very very nice

Then, the track... Oh my... If you like exciting turn combos and tons of elevation change then you will love every second of this course. Turn 12 into the somewhat "blind" corner Turn 13 is sooooo exciting, then into Turn 14 and flat out through 15 & 16 into the straight... Love.

Finally, the people. Every person I interacted with from the personnel to the members were just awesome. Truly. Just a great community of people.

And... because the first 500 times I thanked you clearly wasn't enough lol... thank you warp10 for making today happen. I owe you big time!

Next up is Pitt Race at the end of July. I added it to my original list since several people mentioned it throughout the thread.

A couple of pics

Happy Car
Name:  amp clubhouse.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  580.5 KB

I found some shade to let my engine cool off at the end of the day, and also to swap back to my street wheels
Name:  amp wheels change.JPG
Views: 71
Size:  308.1 KB
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34448.50