BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

07-30-2019, 08:00 AM   #23
edsonreds
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3

[/QUOTE]

Like Oolas above says anything will do but I'd go with something close to OEM spec (believe my E90 is 90Ah/900CCA but maybe due to more options etc). Should you differ from the spec, you need to "code" the car i order for the battery mgmt to keep track of consumption/charging. Regardless of OEM spec or not you need to "register" to let the system know you have a new battery. Both coding and registering should be possible to do with for example Carly.

Cheers[/QUOTE]

Thanks man. My first thought is as well go for a 90ah/900cca plus; if price is in the nearabouts factory specs.

For the "register" I am still debating. Dont want to use carly because they now charge for the dongle and for the app which only last for 1 year. Do not agree with that business model.

On the other side I was planning on doing it with Rheingold. I have the 3.45 version in a VM on my Mac but never tried it to connect to the car. From some posts I read it is not that difficult.

Any alternatives? I havent found Torque app in IOS and dont know if BlueDriver or FixIt can do this job, I would think not.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2019, 08:36 AM   #24
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Not sure how much the differences are in charging depending on battery age but I personally wouldn't skip registering after investing in a new. Also, seem you have some additional checking to do assuming our current went bad after only 2 years.

Good luck
Appreciate 0