BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Parts

EXXEL Distributions

05-29-2012, 10:21 PM   #1
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 08 E90, 89 Grand Wagoneer

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Selling these two kits for a friend.

Price S O L D ! + shipping each. Kits are brand new and in box.

email me for faster response: michael@michaelkirst.com

Here's what they are:

Aquamist 1s

The 1s is a single stage system that consists of an ERL high-pressure electro-magnetic water pump, adjustable pressure switch, plus all the necessary hardware to form the basis of a starter kit.

SYSTEM 1s

This starter kit will enable you to enter the exciting world of water injection: a high-power magnetic piston pump and a specially-designed atomizing jet form the basis of this rugged system 1. The water-pump is activated when an adjustable pressure switch, fitted to the inlet manifold, reaches its preset point: delivery rate can be altered by changing water-jet sizes.

WATER PUMP

Specially designed and manufactured by ERL for the sole purpose of pumping water, its delivery rate is small but it generates a very high pressure; a minimum differential pressure of 3 bar is necessary for the ERL atomizing jet. There are no mechanical links between the piston and the drive motor: the movement of the special magnetic stainless piston is induced by a powerful magnetic field generated by the on-board electronic controller. Flow and pressure characteristics are controlled by varying the frequency and the duration of the electrical pulse fed to the solenoid.

ADJUSTABLE PRESSURE SWITCH

This switch determines the point where the system starts to inject. It is normally fitted to the vacuum side of the inlet manifold (2D mode) for applications where load signal (throttle angle sensor) or manifold absolute pressure sensor (MAP sensor) is available. The switch is a ‘normally-closed’ type, adjustable range is between 3-30psi, factory set at 10psi. HOOD This Nitride rubber cap is for protecting the electrical contacts on the pressure switch from the harsh environment in the engine bay

STAINLESS IN-LINE WATER FILTER

Apart from performing the normal function, this filter can be back-flushed and re-used again and again. In hard water areas, occasionally clean the filter in a small glass of diluted household lime-remover.

WATER JET

The jet is made of nickel-plated brass with two spiral grooves cut into the center insert. Water travels through these grooves, acquiring a swirling motion before leaving the small hole on the tip: the main function of this arrangement is to cause an atomizing effect and turn the water into a fine mist. Of course a pressure of at least 3 bar is required. Jet sizes from 0.5mm to 1.0mm are available in 0.1mm increments. 0.5mm size is supplied with the standard kit, but alternative sizes can be supplied on request. Thread size of the jet is M8x0.75mm: this is not supplied with the kit but can be made available on a loan-and-return basis if necessary.

FUSED LOOM

(pump) The 3-wire loom is equipped with a 10A inline fuse. Wire size is very important as the pump draws large currents at start-up of every stroke (45 times/sec.): make sure a 30A wire is used if extension is necessary.

HARDWARE

All fasteners are made with high quality 316(A4) grade stainless steel: lower grade stainless steel does suffer from corrosion and pitting under the harsh environments of the engine bay HOSE The hose is made of nylon, whose natural strength can sustain pressure of over 12bar at 80°C. Lowest operating temperature is -40°C @26bars. The color supplied with the kit is semi-translucent white, but red, yellow, green, blue and black are available on request.

Race Pump Info

which pump…

We have ruled out the widely available centrifugal pump as the pumping mechanism, because it is always coupled to a high rotational-speed drive-motor for efficiency reasons, hence it is prone to wear; further problem arises when the water inside the pump is frozen, the drive motor has to be detached from the vane by a slipping clutch arrangement so drive-motor windings cannot be damaged as a result of jamming, this led to unnecessary expenses and complicated mechanical links. In addition, high speed drive motor tends to suffer from burn-out under prolonged continuous running. The ERL electro-magnetic pump In order to find a pump that will reliably perform under the harsh environment of the engine bay, we have no alternatives but to design our own. The ERL electro-magnetic pump is the result of a two-year intense mechanical and electronic research and development program. A high pressure pump with NO mechanical links, thus eliminated damages caused by jamming. The special magnetic stainless armature is set in motion by strong magnetic field induced by a powerful solenoid. Water is then delivered without being in contact with the drive-motor, pressure and delivery rate is regulated by internal high-tech electronic circuitry. How does it work?As seen form the diagram above, the construction of the center of the pump is very similar to a bicycle pump, two valves: priming- and output- valve works the same way as a bicycle pump. The similarity ends when the manual pump actions is replaced by electro-magnetic fields and speed is also cranked up to about 50 strokes a second! Water is being filled and retained between the two valves during the induction stroke (armature is pulled against the spring), water is then pushed out by the action of compressed spring and the armature when the electric-field is shut-off, high pressure is the product of spring force and the cross-section area of the armature tip. Peak pressure can go as high as 250psi!, perfectly suited the atomizing jets requirement. Electrical and Mechanical specifications Condition Input Voltage:…………………………………… 12.5V DC (absolute maximum) ………………………….. 14.3V DC

Input Current: ……………………………. 12A DC (average) (quesient current …………………………………. 10mA Control input: ………………………. 0-12v @5mA(digital)

Delivery: …………………………………….. 300cc/minute Weight: ………………………………………… 1Kg (2.2lb)

Last edited by DARK_M3; 06-22-2012 at 06:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:31 AM   #2
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I bought an Aquamist 1S in 2001. Recently upgraded to the new HFS4. Aquamist is good stuff.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:16 AM   #3
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
for a good seller.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Thanks guys. I honestly don't know all that much about this stuff since I'm not boosted and havent had a turbo car in quite some time. Just trying to help out a buddy.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:57 AM   #5
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DARK_M3 View Post
Thanks guys. I honestly don't know all that much about this stuff since I'm not boosted and havent had a turbo car in quite some time. Just trying to help out a buddy.
Several people are running meth without any forced induction.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE TECH View Post
See how much I know?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 12:08 PM   #7
dtmwerksm3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 15 M4 Mineral White/Shakir

Quote:
What kind of gains are they getting?
2003 BMW M3 — Carbon Black on Black, 6MT - Sold
1995 BMW M3 Coupe — Cosmos Black on Black - Sold
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 02:36 PM   #8
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmwerksm3 View Post
What kind of gains are they getting?
It's pretty significant. IIRC, people running meth are having no trouble hitting 400 WHP with fewer mods.
      05-30-2012, 02:37 PM   #9
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3PO View Post
It's pretty significant. IIRC, people running meth are having no trouble hitting 400 WHP with fewer mods.
Are you talking about the Procede ones? I don't really hear about anyone running other kits.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:38 PM   #10
dtmwerksm3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Nice, currently got a MS Stage 2 intake w/scoops getting a set of test pipes and ESS software installed in a week or two, thinking a meth kit would definitely be a good addition then.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #11
M3PO
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '08 IB E92

Quote:
Are you talking about the Procede ones? I don't really hear about anyone running other kits.
Yep, the Procede ones show pretty awesome results. I dunno how this one would compare but Procede shows that at least the potential is there.
      05-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Well shizzle my nizzle! Maybe I should just keep one of these.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:02 PM   #13
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

The procede meth kit is tuned. The Aquamist 1s is an old basic system that has not been made in years. It does not flow much quantity, is limited to 50/50 max and not the 70/30 Vishnu recommends, and is not tuneable. You can upgrade it -- I upgraded mine into a 2C, but even that is way outdated today. The 1s would be good for a boosted car, if you could get the 1s at a budget price. For $499, you can get an Aquamist HFS2 from Howerton Engineering that is light years ahead of the old 1s. I would recommend spending more for the HFS3. Honestly, the 1s is worth maybe half the asking price at most, although it was a good system in its day, which was about 10 years ago.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #14
dtmwerksm3
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yep, the Procede ones show pretty awesome results. I dunno how this one would compare but Procede shows that at least the potential is there.
Do ya have any links with dyno sheets of anyone running meth on a NA e92?
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #15
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
The procede meth kit is tuned. The Aquamist 1s is an old basic system that has not been made in years. It does not flow much quantity, is limited to 50/50 max and not the 70/30 Vishnu recommends, and is not tuneable. You can upgrade it -- I upgraded mine into a 2C, but even that is way outdated today. The 1s would be good for a boosted car, if you could get the 1s at a budget price. For $499, you can get an Aquamist HFS2 from Howerton Engineering that is light years ahead of the old 1s. I would recommend spending more for the HFS3. Honestly, the 1s is worth maybe half the asking price at most, although it was a good system in its day, which was about 10 years ago.
Noted. I will pass this info along to my buddy and perhaps adjust the price accordingly.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Price drop bump
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 11:04 PM   #17
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

If your gonna run meth on a NA car I highly recommend Vishnu. Shiv uses quality products from Acquamist and the results are well worth the price tag. My buddy Longbow64 and I both have this set up on our E90s and it is a world of difference. I will try to locate my dyno sheet. Our dyno here in El Paso is kinda suspect but even without dynoing the car you can feel that there's extra power coming from somewhere!
2011 E90 JBM ///M3 DCT l Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ Hybrid Exhaust l Vishnu Procede V5 with Meth l l RE Pulleys l Tecnocraft Envy l Arkym CF Diffuser l CF BMW Spoiler l Arkym CF Front Bumper l GB ///M Badge l GB Side Markers l GB Kidney Grills l PSS 275/255/35/19s l VMR VB3s in Hyper Black l CF Steering Wheel Trim l ///M Pedals l Black Tow Hooks l Eibach Springs l GP Thunder Bulbs l IND Key Hole Cover l BMW PSW l Verstrabe Paddles
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:21 AM   #18
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA///MES View Post
If your gonna run meth on a NA car I highly recommend Vishnu. Shiv uses quality products from Acquamist and the results are well worth the price tag. My buddy Longbow64 and I both have this set up on our E90s and it is a world of difference. I will try to locate my dyno sheet. Our dyno here in El Paso is kinda suspect but even without dynoing the car you can feel that there's extra power coming from somewhere!
Interesting. What supporting mods do you have? It probably makes more sense with a CBE & other stuff?

I'm stock right now which is why I ask.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 08:45 AM   #19
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

Im currently running with the following bolt on's:

GINTANI catless x-pipe
GINTANI Hybrid exhaust
RE Pulleys
Technocraft Envy Intake
AFE Drop in filter
Vishnu Procede with Meth

Obviously removing the cats helped the most out of all the bolt on stuff. My car dynoed the last time before I had the Technocraft setup at 366 rwhp however, I am at 4k elevation, on 91 octane fuel, and the fan at the dyno place here in El Paso wasn't much bigger than the one you can purchase at wal-mart for $20.00. All that said I think I could be at 400 rwhp with no problem if I was at sea level and could get a descent dyno.
2011 E90 JBM ///M3 DCT l Gintani Catless X-Pipe w/ Hybrid Exhaust l Vishnu Procede V5 with Meth l l RE Pulleys l Tecnocraft Envy l Arkym CF Diffuser l CF BMW Spoiler l Arkym CF Front Bumper l GB ///M Badge l GB Side Markers l GB Kidney Grills l PSS 275/255/35/19s l VMR VB3s in Hyper Black l CF Steering Wheel Trim l ///M Pedals l Black Tow Hooks l Eibach Springs l GP Thunder Bulbs l IND Key Hole Cover l BMW PSW l Verstrabe Paddles
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 09:06 AM   #20
THE TECH
Rep

Garage List
I think the major deterrent to the Procede setup is the cost. $995 for the meth kit and $845 for the Procede.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 10:35 AM   #21
DARK_M3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I think the major deterrent to the Procede setup is the cost. $995 for the meth kit and $845 for the Procede.
Yowzaaa! I need some new rubber before than happens.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2012, 12:03 PM   #22
JA///MES
PLZRACE
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The Tech is absolutely right! Its not exactly a cheap upgrade but neither is my Arkym front bumper and my dumbass still bought it even though it doesn't create or free up a single hp. In my mind it does though!
Appreciate 0