BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

03-04-2021, 06:18 PM   #1
CravingBavaria
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.67]
Minimalistic CF Rear Diffuser Recommendation?

I'm looking for a very minimalistic CF rear diffuser that doesn't have the "slats" in the center. Something like this that only surrounds the exhaust, but just a flat center. Anything?

https://www.carbon-addiction.com/ind...rear-diffuser/
      03-04-2021, 08:37 PM   #2
dozaiya
Captain
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 MW E92 M3

the closest thing would probably be the ac schnitzer diffuser, and the challenge sport diffuser
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 12:12 AM   #3
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Recommend the full end to end carbon fiber rear diffuser for the E9X M3.

I would wait until Evolve Automotive (UK) under their new brand EVAero releases their new E9X M3 aero kits. Vorsteiner stopped making their E9X M3 aero kits.

RKP makes exactly what you are looking for...

The extreme option is the Varis CF undertray + rear diffuser from Japan. There are reps out there.

3D Systems in Japan also makes a nice ($$$$) rear diffuser. (IND Site)

JL Motoring is the final option and has the most variety. They also have an undertray rep. If you get the undertray, the rear diffuser doesn't have the slats.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 10:48 AM   #4
CravingBavaria
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_dude View Post
Recommend the full end to end carbon fiber rear diffuser for the E9X M3.

I would wait until Evolve Automotive (UK) under their new brand EVAero releases their new E9X M3 aero kits. Vorsteiner stopped making their E9X M3 aero kits.

RKP makes exactly what you are looking for...

The extreme option is the Varis CF undertray + rear diffuser from Japan. There are reps out there.

3D Systems in Japan also makes a nice ($$$$) rear diffuser. (IND Site)

JL Motoring is the final option and has the most variety. They also have an undertray rep. If you get the undertray, the rear diffuser doesn't have the slats.

Cheers
Thanks for the info. I'm being very picky with this as I don't like how diffusers look and I don't want an undertray because it just looks to "racey" for me. I really just want to fill up the space between the body and the top of the exhaust, not give the car an aggressive look, hence my dilemma haha.

The RKP diffuser is damn close, but it's too bulky IMO and I don't like how the exhaust is squared in by the CF. IF you notice in the one I linked in the first post, the CF inside of the exhausts only goes down about half way. This just looks better and matches that minimalistic vibe I'm trying for.

Curious to see the EVaero stuff, I will be watching out for it.
      03-12-2021, 11:36 AM   #5
Evo13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

I agree I have mineral white E92 and I feel that the full length rear diffuser just looks a bit weird compared to other color cars. Im also stuck on what style to pick but leaning towards the Vorsteiner Type 2 Style as well.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #6
CravingBavaria
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo13 View Post
I agree I have mineral white E92 and I feel that the full length rear diffuser just looks a bit weird compared to other color cars. Im also stuck on what style to pick but leaning towards the Vorsteiner Type 2 Style as well.
Glad I'm not the only one lol. I just feel like the full diffusers cover up too much of the bumper.

The Type 2 is realistically as close to what I am looking for as possible, I still think the mid slats kill simplicity sadly.

This one below has grown on me. I like how the extensions flow underneath the bumper rather than covering them up like most. I think picture 7 looks fantastic and very minimalistic, but that could be lighting or lack thereof in the picture. I think the weird part is the extensions don't physically connect to the bumper so there's an obvious space that literally looks like you could stick a hand through

https://jl-motoring.com/products/bmw...-rear-diffuser
      03-12-2021, 06:53 PM   #7
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

I have a Vorsteiner T2 and like, you, absolutely love the simpler, minimalistic look. It suits the OEM+ look if that's the style you're after. The fins aren't that big a deal imo, and are more rounded off to tone things down.

Perhaps the Challenge diffuser is what you're after.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2021, 11:46 AM   #8
nyc_dude
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 //M3 e90 Interlagos Blue

Garage List
Vorsteiner stopped making BMW E9X M3 Aero Parts...so used is the only option.

I used to not care about rear diffusers and was more interested in getting a really nice trunk spoiler. For the E9X M3 there are no really nice trunk spoilers compared to the F8X M3/M4.

Waiting for the EVAero CF parts before going full Varis undertray....but understand it will not be minimalist. EVAero already has a radical F8X M3/M4 kit with a semi undertray.

The Varis undertray reps...can be installed with and without the fins/strakes.

Now that I have a nice dry carbon rear diffuser on my F30 335i along with the M4 style trunk spoiler...I understand the synergy between the two. Not a lot of options for the F30 vs the F8X M3/M4.

3D Design rear Diffuser (Shop around for a better price)
https://ind-distribution.com/collect...-rear-diffuser

3D Design Rep from RW Carbon (2014). They might be able to special order it, since it is no longer available to order
https://blog.********.com/2014/08/18...rom-rw-carbon/

There are 3 different variations on the RPK rear diffuser.

https://ind-distribution.com/collect...t_by_brand=RKP

11:00 minutes in is the rear diffuser install. You can see the RKP reflective logo on the back of the rear diffuser..

The ideal look for the rear of your E92 M3 s a full CF CSL Trunk...color matched with an exposed strip of CF. The rear diffuser then becomes irrelevant.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2021, 01:48 PM   #9
x Spades x
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

I have a plug for the Varis undertray reps. He has 3 left
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 04:15 PM   #10
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MW e92 M3 ZCP

Hate to bump this thread but I am in the same predicament right now. Not a lot of options for a simplistic diffuser. I do not want a full length cover the whole rear bumper option. I am hesitant to order from some of these companies.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2022, 03:07 PM   #11
CravingBavaria
Lieutenant
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsiciliano View Post
Hate to bump this thread but I am in the same predicament right now. Not a lot of options for a simplistic diffuser. I do not want a full length cover the whole rear bumper option. I am hesitant to order from some of these companies.
I never found anything. Just going bare for now (and probably forever lol).
      06-27-2022, 10:06 AM   #12
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MW e92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravingBavaria View Post
I never found anything. Just going bare for now (and probably forever lol).
https://ind-distribution.com/product...-rear-diffuser

This was the only one I can find that is still available for this platform. Just wish it was a little more affordable.
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2022, 09:31 AM   #13
x3sm
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3 E93 Porsche

Also have been looking for something clean CSL style diffuser. I found this one on eBay, but of course who knows how this will fit. I do believe most diffusers are made in the same factory in China unless you're paying up for ARKYM/RKP/Vorsteiner.. but all of those are too pricey.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133375958492
AUDI S4: SOLD
BMW E92 335: SOLD
Appreciate 0