BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

EXXEL Distributions

09-16-2019, 08:49 PM   #1
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Why doesn't my Nav Map screen look like this?

I spotted this in the pics for a car for sale in another state. Its from a March 2010 production car:

My map display looks nothing at all like that.
No satellite image, two dimensional, not as easy to read. Mine looks like this, but I turn off the TbT nonsense so I get a full screen at least:

I'm pretty sure I asked Alex for the latest map update when he did my tune and coding, but I can't be 100 percent certain. My car is a mid year 2011 ZCP, so I'm sure its technically capable of the satellite version of the map. Is there a setting I'm not seeing that needs to be flipped, or is there yet another update I need to do?
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 12:11 AM   #2
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

It switches to satellite view only when you're at 1 mile scale or larger. Try clicking "option" and I think there was an option there to enable it.

Also, is your CIC software up to date?
Freiheit492.00
      09-17-2019, 09:09 AM   #3
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Satellite option was already checked, but I was at 0.5 mile view. Pulling back one click got me the satellite view, thanks. While I was in the options I spotted the one for the gray map. I enabled that and got a much clearer view for the 2D street map. I saw that I had 3D enabled as well, and I don't think I've ever seen that on my screen. Is there a view mode I should look for?

I looked, couldn't find the CIC software version (its probably in there but I'm too used to NBT now to find my way around the depths of CIC), but I found the one for the NAV software, which shows 112093.2.19, is that the latest?
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 11:58 PM   #4
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

What map version do you have loaded?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 07:16 AM   #5
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

The 112093.2.19 that you say you have is old. 2011 as I recall. When you look at the map version in the cic it should have another line under that which says the year.

I just got the 2020.1 premium release, have to get it loaded up soon. Life has been too busy the past couple of days. :

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 08:36 AM   #6
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
The 112093.2.19 that you say you have is old. 2011 as I recall. When you look at the map version in the cic it should have another line under that which says the year.

I just got the 2020.1 premium release, have to get it loaded up soon. Life has been too busy the past couple of days. :
Yeah I hear you on that.

I see my map version is "Road Map North America Premium 2011". The 2020.1 premium release - did you download that, buy it on DVD, dealer did you a solid...?
Appreciate 1
Dpc2u11503.00
      09-18-2019, 09:28 AM   #7
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

To answer your questions, Yes, no, and no. Helped a friend get it all downloaded, files put on a usb stick (minimum 32 gb) for him and loaded in his car.

If you are not familiar with it, you update the software via the glovebox usb port. You also need a FSC code that you have to enter when the update begins. That is locked to your VIN. I have a lifetime FSC code so can use the same one when I update it.

EDIT- Loaded the map tonight, no problems at all. It didn't ask for the FSC code since I had already put a lifetime in when I did the 2018 map.

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2019, 09:06 AM   #8
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
To answer your questions, Yes, no, and no. Helped a friend get it all downloaded, files put on a usb stick (minimum 32 gb) for him and loaded in his car.

If you are not familiar with it, you update the software via the glovebox usb port. You also need a FSC code that you have to enter when the update begins. That is locked to your VIN. I have a lifetime FSC code so can use the same one when I update it.

EDIT- Loaded the map tonight, no problems at all. It didn't ask for the FSC code since I had already put a lifetime in when I did the 2018 map.

If you have a link to that map software please send it to me. I have some free time today so I'll give that a try.
Appreciate 0