BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)
 
EXXEL Distributions
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-16-2019, 02:56 PM   #23
msk340i
First Lieutenant
228
Rep
357
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Let's just remember a piece by Motorsport Magazine titled "The Other Side of Senna" bashing who's considered by almost everyone the best human driver to ever race in Formula 1.
Appreciate 1
Bartledoo682.50

      09-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #24
Darth One
drunk poster
Darth One's Avatar
United_States
2966
Rep
2,611
Posts

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I like how his head is one straight unbroken line from the top of his head down to his shoulders. Looks like he was drawn by Scott Adams of Dilbert fame...
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 03:17 PM   #25
msk340i
First Lieutenant
228
Rep
357
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I like how his head is one straight unbroken line from the top of his head down to his shoulders. Looks like he was drawn by Scott Adams of Dilbert fame...
Aerodynamic
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 05:31 PM   #26
Bartledoo
Just Some F****** Guy
Bartledoo's Avatar
United_States
683
Rep
1,142
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yco View Post
i tried my best to understand defensing Vettel in Singapore hitting Hamilton but sorry.. i cant.. why the heck HAM would try to brake test him? to see if Vettel can brake? he was trying to keep up too close cause in the previous restart he caught napping.. and that incident happened not even on the last corner.. is there point? no..

obviously not allowed to overtake and keeping 10-15 car length behind the SC.. this is the rule.. and all drivers do brake for keeping the brake temps optimal.. and the interviews of Vettel saying he couldnt understand why he got a penalty is just funny and stupid.. only few drivers have 4 and more titles and that act is not even acceptable in Semi-pro karting events.. but he was acting like HAM should ve got a penalty as well.. here it doesnt matter it could be someone else is the same.. if there were some weird activity on HAM's braking he could just report to team.. Stewards have all the telemetries.. thats what real racing.. it was bumper cars in F1.. but it was hard for Vettel to admit he lost himself over there made stupid things.. and anyone who supports that act more likely living an unreal world that doesnt even exist.. only in their heads..

if anyone wants to recall those moments..



Vettel cracks under pressure full stop.. mistakes everywhere in those moments.. countless times.. his Red Bull years were like he was fast on quali and racing without anyone around.. this what he does best.. and wondering how many great F1 drivers cant do that anyway.. all great drivers do that already..
I'm not saying Ham did or didn't "brake test", but these cars have massive potential engine/mgu-k braking. So, the telemetry could show the stewards that he didn't press the brake pedal, but he could have caused a pretty hefty deceleration with the engine/mgu-k braking (which the stewards can't definitively call brake testing, obviously), no?

Anyways, I always like to point out Schumacher when people say 4+ time champions don't do bumper cars.

Regardless, I'd rather see the drivers express realness rather than hide it, if for nothing more than entertainment. Being a champion in F1 is inherently abnormal and character flaws are generally defined relative to established norms. So, I don't think we can expect them to be "normal" even if some of them seem as such in what the media shows us. Normal people who always act in fairness to others don't win 4, 5, or 7 championships in F1. Not a chance.
__________________
E90M 6MT Slicktop Single Humper
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #27
msk340i
First Lieutenant
228
Rep
357
Posts

Drives: 340i M sport
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Orlando, FL

iTrader: (0)

Oh I almost forgot people criticizing his lockup in Silverstone. Food you guys forget Schumacher locking up in Singapore in 2 years and hitting the car in front of him? A SEVEN TIME WORLD CHAMPION who wasnt under pressure and didn't have a disappearing wedge in front of him like VET did in Silverstone.

Last edited by msk340i; 09-16-2019 at 06:19 PM..
Appreciate 2
      09-16-2019, 06:22 PM   #28
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18246
Rep
11,018
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
I like how his head is one straight unbroken line from the top of his head down to his shoulders. Looks like he was drawn by Scott Adams of Dilbert fame...
Never underestimate G-forces !

A physical force equivalent to one unit of gravity that is multiplied during rapid changes of direction or velocity.
Drivers experience severe G-forces as they corner, accelerate and brake.
G-force is a measurement of an object's acceleration expressed in G-s.

And many years with your head in a helmet...
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 07:28 PM   #29
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5708
Rep
9,052
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

What is VET and HAM?
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 07:45 PM   #30
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18246
Rep
11,018
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What is VET and HAM?
VER ?
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 08:55 PM   #31
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5708
Rep
9,052
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
VER ?
VETte boterHAM?
Appreciate 1
      09-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #32
yco
ignorance is bliss..
yco's Avatar
653
Rep
890
Posts

Drives: E71 X6M '10
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Istanbul & Kyiv

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartledoo View Post
I'm not saying Ham did or didn't "brake test", but these cars have massive potential engine/mgu-k braking. So, the telemetry could show the stewards that he didn't press the brake pedal, but he could have caused a pretty hefty deceleration with the engine/mgu-k braking (which the stewards can't definitively call brake testing, obviously), no?

Anyways, I always like to point out Schumacher when people say 4+ time champions don't do bumper cars.

Regardless, I'd rather see the drivers express realness rather than hide it, if for nothing more than entertainment. Being a champion in F1 is inherently abnormal and character flaws are generally defined relative to established norms. So, I don't think we can expect them to be "normal" even if some of them seem as such in what the media shows us. Normal people who always act in fairness to others don't win 4, 5, or 7 championships in F1. Not a chance.
i guess you want to see such moves like Nascar drivers do.. throwing helmets backing up and crashing into another car.. F1 is not a sport like that never been.. Nascar acts can be called realness though most of the part is for show also.. though in F1 being professional almost all time means acting with shaving off emotions.. actually in a lot sports its like that..

Schumi's bumper cheap moves was early stages of his career and no one supported those.. Schumi has a dirty side, it was obvious in his early and mid career.. but he always managed to step on magical side to put together 0.2-0.3 when others wonder how.. never been a Schumacher fan but its a fact.. not all champs do that..only 3-4 of them.. and im never been a Schumi fan..

Quote:
Originally Posted by msk340i View Post
Oh I almost forgot people criticizing his lockup in Silverstone. Food you guys forget Schumacher locking up in Singapore in 2 years and hitting the car in front of him? A SEVEN TIME WORLD CHAMPION who wasnt under pressure and didn't have a disappearing wedge in front of him like VET did in Silverstone.
well its called mistake..
when you "do the same mistakes over and over" its something else.. thats what Vettel's case is..

anyways its not gonna go anywhere..
wishing the best for you guys and Vettel.. i hope Vet can shake off these days and race much better.. before he runs out of time.. cheers.
__________________
"Race car driving is like sex. All guys think they're good at it." Jay Leno

Last edited by yco; 09-16-2019 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:01 PM   #33
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
401
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

"simmer down the pot by agreeing that bumping him was unlike Vet-didn't look good"

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Definitely a brake test from Ham in Baku but will simmer down the pot by agreeing that bumping him was unlike Vet and didn't look good.
INTENTIONALLY ramming another competitor's car because the driver behind the lead car "didn't like" that he was caught out while following too closely....it's time for reality and know that (at least in the Seattle area) if you ram someone from behind....YOU'RE AT FAULT.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 02:50 AM   #34
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
767
Rep
1,590
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
INTENTIONALLY ramming another competitor's car because the driver behind the lead car "didn't like" that he was caught out while following too closely....it's time for reality and know that (at least in the Seattle area) if you ram someone from behind....YOU'RE AT FAULT.
Wait a minute, I was referring to the minor front tyre bump after the sudden intentional slow down, brake or otherwise by Ham.
Motoring laws in Seattle and race track actions are hardly comparable because of the quick sudden actions of race cars also in UK unlike in Seattle there are extenuating circumstances if there's a rear hit, examples of this being crash for cash, reversing into,BRAKE TESTING.Look it up.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 04:04 AM   #35
mk1-fan
Lieutenant
mk1-fan's Avatar
South Africa
412
Rep
459
Posts

Drives: 2018 G30 540i
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Gauteng, South Africa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What is VET and HAM?
The one is a doctor looking after animals, and the other a kind of animal.
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 04:22 AM   #36
///M Power-Belgium
Lieutenant General
///M Power-Belgium's Avatar
Belgium
18246
Rep
11,018
Posts

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
VETte boterHAM?
In our language it makes sense
__________________
BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 04:53 AM   #37
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
767
Rep
1,590
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What is VET and HAM?
Alternatively VET can mean to check on someones background
and HAM is what I usually have with my lunch with everything on it..sorry '' couldn't resist
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 07:30 AM   #38
P1et
Major General
P1et's Avatar
United_States
5708
Rep
9,052
Posts

Drives: my wife's cars
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Texas

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Alternatively VET can mean to check on someones background
and HAM is what I usually have with my lunch with everything on it..sorry '' couldn't resist
But what about SAI and RAI?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:49 AM   #39
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
767
Rep
1,590
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
But what about SAI and RAI?
The RAIn in SpAIn stays mainly on the plain
Appreciate 1
P1et5707.50

      09-17-2019, 08:25 AM   #40
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
401
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Correction....

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Wait a minute, I was referring to the minor front tyre bump after the sudden intentional slow down, brake or otherwise by Ham.
Motoring laws in Seattle and race track actions are hardly comparable because of the quick sudden actions of race cars also in UK unlike in Seattle there are extenuating circumstances if there's a rear hit, examples of this being crash for cash, reversing into,BRAKE TESTING.Look it up.
VET rammed HAM twice....first from behind and second when he pulled along side and intentionally drove into him....suggesting this is acceptable behavior in F1 is out of touch....but this does qualify VET for his next driving assignment....in demolition derby.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 08:29 AM   #41
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
401
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Check out the....

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
What is VET and HAM?
Leaderboard in the upper left portion of your screen during the race and note that all drivers are identified by the first three letters of their last name on the P1-P20 list.

It does make for some interesting acronyms....
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:14 AM   #42
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
767
Rep
1,590
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
VET rammed HAM twice....first from behind and second when he pulled along side and intentionally drove into him....suggesting this is acceptable behavior in F1 is out of touch....but this does qualify VET for his next driving assignment....in demolition derby.
Your making a mountain out of a molehill, perhaps you want to comment on the many other contacts with plenty of damage in the mid and low grid positions that go unnoticed, so does that make them unimportant?
VET paid the penalty for that TOUCH with a 10 second add on.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 07:45 PM   #43
racerbruce
Racerbruce
racerbruce's Avatar
401
Rep
969
Posts

Drives: 2007 Z4MR Imola Red
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (1)

Mountain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Your making a mountain out of a molehill, perhaps you want to comment on the many other contacts with plenty of damage in the mid and low grid positions that go unnoticed, so does that make them unimportant?
VET paid the penalty for that TOUCH with a 10 second add on.
Nope - just a mountain of shredded and damaged carbon fiber and race cars in the wake of VET....

"To much that has been given, much is required"....
The top teams operate at a different frequency and expectation than the mid and low field competitors and constructors....surely this is evident by virtue of performance, results and expectation....clearly, the sharp end of the grid operates and performs differently....thus making VET's last two plus years beyond questionable....replacing him is the best choice.
__________________
Racerbruce
OZ Rims / Bilstein B8 Struts & Shocks / Eibach Pro-Kit Springs / ZHP Control Arms / RE Diablo Exhaust / RPi Air Intake / BMC Air Filter / CDV / 3M Paint Protection / TMS CF Grilles / TK CF Mirrors / Skyer CF Spoiler / CF Antenna / RE Trans Mounts / M Pedals & Dead Pedal / WeissLicht LED Rear Turn Signal Lamps / CoCo Floor Mats / #748 of 3,041

Last edited by racerbruce; 09-17-2019 at 09:34 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2019, 01:42 AM   #44
M5theonlyone
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
767
Rep
1,590
Posts

Drives: BMW M5
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Southern England

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by racerbruce View Post
Nope - just a mountain of shredded and damaged carbon fiber and race cars in the wake of VET....

"To much that has been given, much is required"....
The top teams operate at a different frequency and expectation than the mid and low field competitors and constructors....surely this is evident by virtue of performance, results and expectation....clearly, the sharp end of the grid operates and performs differently....thus making VET's last two plus years beyond questionable....replacing him is the best choice.
Of course it's different at the front than behind in the midfield and below though just as competitive but lets not get carried away by chasing after VET with a hatchet if there's an incident.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:23 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST