BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

08-15-2019, 02:21 PM   #23
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP 6SPD

bump
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #24
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3 IB 6MT (sold)

Exclamation

Hello Fellow Forum Members, previous owner here. Id like to chime in as there 2 sides to every story, and not only defend myself but also the car itself. The real sad part here is the lack of diligence and care that occurred that a normal ‘car guy’ would/should have done. Its not just about asking 100 questions. And if there was a solid sense of trust, then good, however going back to point blame and decisions you made is not smart. There are several examples that occurred after the purchase that demonstrated the lack of thoroughness that I wish others may learn from. Please note these all occurred AFTER the purchase/transaction. He did not do a PPI (which I did when I purchased the car) nor any prior research on the S65 engine/M3.

Accusation of Rod bearing/Request of $ – Assumed rod bearings occurred however changed his mind till after more research. In addition to me picking up the current owner from the airport and driving the m3 to the bank to finish the transaction, he also drove it to San Diego which is a 6ish hour drive. No issues upon return. It wasn’t until a few days later he said the car went into ‘limp mode’ and mentioned the cars idle fluctuating and assumed it was rod bearing failure. Now any real m3 owner, or someone who did their research, would know that a rough idle is absolutely unheard of as that is NOT one of the symptoms of rod bearing failure. It was at this moment I knew he didn’t ‘know’ the car or its characteristics. * From here on out he accused me of ‘lying’ to him and asked for money to cover costs. Few days passed and he took it to a mechanic and found out the real issue and replaced spark plugs….really? He was quick to accuse but not thorough enough to do his part on his end. Note I have all the conversation as proof.

Accusation of broken wheels/Request of $ – As you have read, he realized the issue of the wheels after more research and help, however prior to all this he IMMEDIATELY accused me of broken wheels. Ok ok…how does that sound to you guys? You drove hundreds of miles, changed the tires, wheels wobble, and jump to the conclusion and accuse me? What kind of car guy are you? Please note I again have this conversation through text and he clearly said “I changed the tires and the wheels wobble. Pay me for the repair costs”. Don’t you think that when the wheels were taken off the car and put back on that maybe the spacers got tampered/adjusted somehow? Why would you assume its all broken by just changing the tires after have just driven hundreds of miles? If the wheels were "off" then they would have been noticed on his drive to San Diego from Sacramento. Why would rubber alter the ride compared to a 19in wheel? Also, i noted i replaced the rear tires and encountered no 'wobble' Also, these were the original spacers from when I purchased the car, and if the owner did their research, they would have noted that detail (which I also noted in my sale post).

Accusation of registration/Request of $ - I was accused that i stated the car was registered for another year however i said no such thing. You can even see in the sale post of mine HE put. The sale post does not say any detail nor did I mention the car was fully registered for a year. The car was sold in May 2019, tags expired July 2019. IF the paperwork was handled in time the owner would have not encountered this delay in registration/fees. This situation was out of my hands. Upon realizing the registration/fees I was contacted asking to cover some of the fees for something I did not comply to. The OP did not provide any proof of me stating this but as noted, I have all the convo in text and was not able to find this.

If you noticed carefully, the solution to each situation was discovered after more research was done, yet no accountability was shown. The engine, wheels, etc had no issues when the car sold and when he drove it hundreds of miles. He attempted to ask me for funds so many times that it lead to the end of our communication. I totally understand where hes coming from. Bought a car and coincidentally these issues arose, i get it, i would be irate also. However pointing the blame ESPECIALLY without solid fact/backing is sad. Its common knowledge that all private sales are sold in "as is" condition however i am glad the contract noted it. I was shocked, not at the sale of this car, but at the way the situation was depicted. Not cool. He also mentioned having 'high standards' yet prior to this car he told me he bought a salvaged 1 series. High standard? ...I am posting this here for information and awareness. If you plan to purchase this car please do your part and really learn this car as I did when I paid for a PPI, when I shipped it here from Illinois, and properly registered it in CA. Don’t just buy it without knowing its full value and worth. I can provide more details if needed.

P.S. - i also did him a HUGE favor and saved him a lot of $ (probably more than the amount he put into the car) by working a good deal with him. Lets say it was generous 'gift'.

Last edited by jordantastic; 08-29-2019 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 4
      08-28-2019, 04:06 PM   #25
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDNY516 View Post
Definitely not true if you do your due diligence and buy a vehicle from an enthusiast or a proper owner. Maintenance records over modifications. I’ve owned numerous bmws like others on this board and if you find good examples they are most definitely not 5-10k immediate expenses. To future buyer/owner do not be afraid to own a bmw. Do your homework and you’ll be rewarded with the ultimate driving machine.
100% Agreed.
Appreciate 1
      08-28-2019, 04:55 PM   #26
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
FWIW the rod bearings are always a known issue, and a cheap way of quelling your fears (or knowing that you have a rod bearing swap in the near future) is just by doing an oil analysis. I would suspect a motor with 35k on it is probably still in pretty good shape, but it really probably depends more on the previous owners driving habits.
Engine analysis on this year M3 wont matter as BMW changed the coating material of the bearings for all S65 engines 2011 and up.

Last edited by jordantastic; 08-28-2019 at 05:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2019, 05:33 PM   #27
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

Buying a car, completing the deal and then going back to the previous owner and asking for money for anything especially something as silly as registration costs is ridiculous. It's insane. The deal is done, it's over.

It's obvious the new owner stretched himself too thin financially with the purchase of this car and the additional maintenance. You can tell he loves the car and I have empathy for him because he feels obligated to sell from a financial standpoint even at a loss. I get it.

I kinda want this car. However it's the last thing I need right now and no garage space at the moment. I'd pay $30kish for it all day. It's a fantastic spec.
Appreciate 2
      08-29-2019, 11:29 AM   #28
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
Buying a car, completing the deal and then going back to the previous owner and asking for money for anything especially something as silly as registration costs is ridiculous. It's insane. The deal is done, it's over.
Agreed! I also did him a HUGE favor and saved him a lot of $ (probably more than the amount he put into the car) by working a good deal with him. Lets say it was generous 'gift'.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2019, 04:07 PM   #29
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

Highly desirable spec but poor listing. Pictures and thread structure could have been better. This car does have a story, I don't see this selling in the 30s sadly.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2019, 04:41 PM   #30
Mike0032
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
Highly desirable spec but poor listing. Pictures and thread structure could have been better. This car does have a story, I don't see this selling in the 30s sadly.
Agreed, such a beautiful car.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 07:44 PM   #31
XKxRome0ox
e90noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efini View Post
yep
delete this thread with all the drama and unnecessary clutter
start a new one with fresh photos

just list the pertinent info
set a realistic price
let it sell itself

Production date - 2008-04-22
Appreciate 1
      09-04-2019, 10:36 PM   #32
N3_Gabe
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Damn. I just texted the OP about this car TODAY after seeing it on Craigslist. Very nice spec but also was a complete a**. He claimed everyone LOVED his asking price on here 😬 sorry bud. Sounds like you bit off more than you could chew and now you're bitter over it. Good luck selling to the "true enthusiast that only YOU will allow to buy" lol
Appreciate 1
      09-05-2019, 11:22 AM   #33
jordantastic
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
yep
delete this thread with all the drama and unnecessary clutter
start a new one with fresh photos

just list the pertinent info
set a realistic price
let it sell itself
I partially agree. Aside from the drama/fluff, some very important history was deliberately left out by the OP.

I found the Craigslist ad for this car and it is even less detailed as the initial forum post here, of which 75% was comprised of the previous seller's post copy/pasted.

I hope this thread provides awareness and knowledge that an "honest" and "enthusiast" person would appreciate.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2019, 02:55 PM   #34
Nisfro98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mazda3

what a shame, such a beautiful car too. Im not even a fan of IB sedans but this one is sharp. Best for OP to let the bad taste fade and try again IMO.
Appreciate 1
      09-11-2019, 11:30 AM   #35
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

Hello all, first BUMP. Second I just wanted to apologize as there appears to be a misunderstanding, I am in the Army and not able to reply as often as I would like to buyer questions, The thread contains almost all information I can think of about the car but I am not able to get all of it into a post as its a lot of information that I get asked from various prospects. The car is still for sale and the price is still pretty firm on 33k. As far as the comments above, I have received enormous amounts of phone calls texts and PM's about this vehicle and it is sometime exhausting with the amount of people that want to negotiate heavily on price and have not seen this car in person nor talked to me personally over the phone. I do not want to sit for hours answering questions through text which seems to be the case with a lot of people. SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE!
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 01:43 PM   #36
Aleblanc1372
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW M3

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 02:34 PM   #37
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

I agree with the seller here. People throwing out offers over the phone/email are clowns and rarely serious.

Come see the car and make an offer in person. Or if you're not local, schedule a PPI, get the PPI results and then call the seller and negotiate/make an offer at that time.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 06:08 PM   #38
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 09:24 AM   #39
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

Hello all! bump. I have recently paid off the remaining balance on the car and have the clean title in hand ready to go!
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2020, 02:44 PM   #40
WHT AMG
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 LeMans Blue E90 M3 DCT

Is this Still for Sale

I've been looking for an Interlagos Blue E90 M3 for 7 months now. I can't believe I didn't see this thread. Is this car still for sale?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2020, 04:26 PM   #41
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Damn...there's no way this car is still avail. I saw it and got happy for a sec, then I saw the date posted. :/
      07-21-2020, 04:45 PM   #42
dinkman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 sedan

you guys missed another one that came up for sale and sold within a day couple weeks ago as well: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738781
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #43
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

Bump, this car is back on the market gents. Me and the lady decided we want to start a family and could use the money. Not in a rush to sell but title and all maintenance records are in hand. Mileage on motor at this point is 47k and 79k chassis. currently has valvetronic exhaust installed but can be swapped back to stock at the shop we will meet at for $150. Please review the information before contacting. Had several tire kickers in the last couple of weeks and emotionally not looking to deal with that over and over.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2020, 01:31 AM   #44
Japresto91
Private
United_States
Rep

SOLD!
Appreciate 0