BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

EXXEL Distributions

09-04-2019, 09:00 AM   #1
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Taycan

This is the first new car I've been excited about in a long time that I might actually want to own (lol, just kidding, lease) for myself. The first time anybody has taken a swing at a performance sedan EV (model 3 is amazing but doesn't have enough tire/wheel) and from a company with support that won't disappear in a debt sale, and knows how to bake fun into 5000lb vehicles. I have yet to drive a gas vehicle I like more than my E90M, so I've given up on ever finding one. But this could be a nice way to still be able to get places when the S65's have all been blown up

Launch cars are the $150k+ "turbo" and "turbo S" models, lol. But they haven't deviated much from the concept at all. A little bit shorter in overall length than a Model S/E-class, but if I'm reading the door handles etc. right, it looks about 3" lower roofline, with giant porsche-sized tires under it and 5200lb with a full tank

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...n-photos-info/

Last edited by Richbot; 09-04-2019 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
It used to be no manual, no care. But it's now also, no noise, no care. It's good to see Porsche getting into the game here, but my money would still be going to a panamera if I wanted a 4-dr porsche. I do dig the styling of the Taycan.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 02:28 PM   #3
chocstraw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Does anyone know if the nurburgring lap time was set by a Turbo S (lmao) or the base model? Edit: Turbo S

The model 3 seems very capable with coilovers and brakes, plus the charging infrastructure is amazing. 180 miles in 15 minutes with the newest SCs.

Last edited by chocstraw; 09-06-2019 at 02:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 07:21 AM   #4
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Tesla is taking the new Model S “raven” with updated cooking and power train to Nürburgring in response to Taycan. I’m not sure what they think they’ll accomplish with similar power lower top end and a lot less tire under the car unless they’re making a lot of mods. But, fun to watch anyway

Model 3 just won its “stock” autoxross class at national championships against the GT350 and various other awesome cars. Very capable car but not enough tire or thermal management capabilities under it to challenge Taycan on a track imo. The electric future doesn’t suck so bad if that’s what the cars are like