BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

BPM

01-19-2019, 10:46 PM   #1
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Who wants to get MOONSTONED in a 2013 E92 M3?

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 49,500.00

Item Interest
FELLOW ENTHUSIASTS:

I PRESENT YOU WITH THE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A TRUE BMW INDIVIDUAL
E92 M3 IN MOONSTONE WITH PLATINUM LEATHER INTERIOR.

MOONSTONE INDIVIDUAL PAINT JOB $5,000 FACTORY OPTION
PLATINUM FULL EXTENDED (FINE CORINTHIAN)*** LEATHER INTERIOR $5,000+++ FACTORY OPTION
PIANO BLACK OEM DASH, AND DOOR SIDES (VERY RARE) $1,000+++ FACTORY OPTION

THIS CAR IS MORE OF A GENTLEMAN SPEC, BUT NONETHELESS GORGEOUS BEYOND WORDS IN PERSON. IT IS SUTBLE, AND YET IT IS STRIKING...... PHOTOS DO NOT DO THIS CAR JUSTICE.

THIS IS SURE TO BE 1:1 IN EXISTENCE IN THIS COMBO, PROBABLY 1:3 MOONSTONES PERIOD EVER MADE IN NORTH AMERICA..........

ONLY 17K MILES.......

SOMEBODY PLEASE SCOOP THIS UP.........AND ENJOY HER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please go to the AD for full details!!!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

Attached Images

Last edited by healthnut; 01-24-2019 at 11:20 AM..
Appreciate 5
m3jala543.50
ItsGary1457.50
IanMan384.00
lab_rat394.50
      01-19-2019, 11:18 PM   #2
Seattle M3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 Comp Pack

Nice Spec. GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 01:25 AM   #3
MilehighM3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Harrop E90 M3

Garage List
2009 E90 M3  [6.50]
Moonstone
GLWS
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 04:24 PM   #4
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Not my favorite individual color, but still a cool color, though these photos don't highlight the car/color very well at all. The entire package would much better with fox red or black interior.

Just my .02.
Appreciate 1
      01-20-2019, 04:40 PM   #5
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

I love the color.. price is right there's someone with a big budget that would snap this up! Could picture it in the desert like Scottsdale. It's begging for some BRIGHT silver 20's and tinted out.
      01-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #6
phantasticphan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e91 Touring, e92 M3

Lol I love the sellers comment
Appreciate 1
xander_g995.50
      01-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #7
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Moonstone is a gorgeous color! Exhibits different shades of grey/silver/gold depending on the light it's under. Pics won't do it justice.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #8
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
I love the color.. price is right there's someone with a big budget that would snap this up! Could picture it in the desert like Scottsdale. It's begging for some BRIGHT silver 20's and tinted out.
Yeah, agreed. I imagine a retired man with impeccable taste named Irving buying this car, and using it to drive to the golf course and other festive Arizona outings.... Irving would definitely swap the wheels for a nice set of OEM SILVER ZCP's for a nice bone stock appearance!

Where are you Irving? This is a dime piece!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 09:28 PM   #9
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasticphan View Post
I'm just the messenger....
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2019, 10:21 PM   #10
phantasticphan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e91 Touring, e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by healthnut View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantasticphan View Post
I'm just the messenger....
No I meant the "Beautiful M3, always garare, excellent condition, Braman Bmw service records, will trade for a Ferrari Scaglietti plus cash" from the autotrader ad
Appreciate 1
E90who435.00
      01-21-2019, 10:20 AM   #11
jerseydirt
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 ZCP 6MT

Just my opinion but I don't think DCT cars will ever be quite collectible or bring anywhere near the money that the manual cars will. The M3 is not exactly a low production car. The only reason some low mileage 6MT examples are bringing top dollar is because they offer a unique combination of a high revving naturally aspirated V8 combined with a manual transmission; something which is no longer available from any manufacturer, short of a handful of exotics costing 5-10 times what the e92 can be had for.
Appreciate 2
Siajoon1859.50
Eddybro553.00
      01-21-2019, 11:16 AM   #12
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseydirt View Post
Just my opinion but I don't think DCT cars will ever be quite collectible or bring anywhere near the money that the manual cars will. The M3 is not exactly a low production car. The only reason some low mileage 6MT examples are bringing top dollar is because they offer a unique combination of a high revving naturally aspirated V8 combined with a manual transmission; something which is no longer available from any manufacturer, short of a handful of exotics costing 5-10 times what the e92 can be had for.
True that!
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 06:32 PM   #13
eddieb4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 12 Dinan 550xi / 01 911tt

Quote:
Quote:
True that!
Quote:
Quote:
True that!
They are stopping the production of the DCT transmission soon ... too expensive.

Who will be buying these things in 10 years anyway?
I think plenty of folks that don't know how to drive stick so I'm not convinced that the dcts are going be trading at a much lower number.

The SMG from the e46 was a train wreck and not even close to the dct transmission.

I'm looking for a nice low mile e92 dct and I'll take my chances. My 20k mile e46 is a stick and the only way I'd have one of those.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 07:22 PM   #14
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb4 View Post
They are stopping the production of the DCT transmission soon ... too expensive.

I think plenty of folks that don't know how to drive stick so I'm not convinced that the dcts are going be trading at a much lower number.

The SMG from the e46 was a train wreck and not even close to the dct transmission.

I'm looking for a nice low mile e92 dct and I'll take my chances. My 20k mile e46 is a stick and the only way I'd have one of those.

Thanks Eddie! Best of luck in your search. Alpine White/Blk is as classic as you can get. This Moonstone just happens to be a very rare gem. Only time will tell as far as the DCT/6MT Topic is concerned. The Market Place will easily determine truth for everybody involved.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 08:53 PM   #15
Soden82
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I will disagree with this statement because of a few cars (gt350, B7 RS4) and if we include all cylinders then s2000 and soon to be imported R34 skyline
MHD tuned
VRSF Race IC
DCI
ATM exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2019, 09:24 PM   #16
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soden82 View Post
I will disagree with this statement because of a few cars (gt350, B7 RS4) and if we include all cylinders then s2000 and soon to be imported R34 skyline
Love the conversation this post is generating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Q: For everybody!

Q: Is the E92 M3 that last truly bespoke M car out of Bavaria?

For me it took owning an M4 to realize how spectacular the E92 is.....
It took buying an E46 M3 Brand New in 2004, to realize how bad ass and timeless it truly still is today........ I just don't see any timeless design, iconic styling, or lasting impressions with the new era, regrettably so.... The new cars have new tech, and such, but they seem to lack a soul, and it makes me think I am ahead of the M curve....... Your thoughts?
Appreciate 1
      01-22-2019, 12:41 AM   #17
E90who
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

What a great read.
Appreciate 1
healthnut110.50
      01-22-2019, 07:36 AM   #18
jerseydirt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soden82 View Post
What part of my statement are you disagreeing with?
The B7 RS4 is no longer made. Same as the e92.
The GT350 is a different beast and redlines almost 1k rpm lower.
S2000 and R34 are not V8s.

I'm not saying the M3 is better/worse than any of the above, to each their own, I'm only saying that it is very unique and will thus remain in demand.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #19
jerseydirt
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieb4 View Post

My understanding is that production of the DCT is ending not because it is too expensive to manufacture, but because it is costing BMW too much in warranty covered repairs.
I've heard this argument before about millennials being the buyers of future classics and none of them knowing how to drive a manual, thus reducing demand for manual cars. I'm not sure I buy that. Using that logic you could argue that all internal combustion cars will be in low demand because millenials will view anything non-electric as a disgusting polluter. I disagree.
I think car enthusiasts of any generation are a special breed and will appreciate the uniqueness offered by past generations of automobiles. Driving a stick, or learning to drive a stick, will not dissuade anyone from getting whatever classic they lust after. Only time will tell though.....
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 10:49 AM   #20
healthnut
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My understanding is that production of the DCT is ending not because it is too expensive to manufacture, but because it is costing BMW too much in warranty covered repairs.
I've heard this argument before about millennials being the buyers of future classics and none of them knowing how to drive a manual, thus reducing demand for manual cars. I'm not sure I buy that. Using that logic you could argue that all internal combustion cars will be in low demand because millenials will view anything non-electric as a disgusting polluter. I disagree.
I think car enthusiasts of any generation are a special breed and will appreciate the uniqueness offered by past generations of automobiles. Driving a stick, or learning to drive a stick, will not dissuade anyone from getting whatever classic they lust after. Only time will tell though.....
Loving the M-Banter this post is generating guys.

Here's my .02 on the topic. The keyword is AND.

DCT AND 6MT. They are both phenomenal.

But my whole point of sharing this Moonstone, is for people to realize there is only one Individual Moonstone/Platinum ever ever ever.......... To me that spec will hold its own, and when people finally get around to realizing they missed the boat on the E92, (could be still 5-10yrs+++) out into the future, Individual colors will be the most sought after due to rarity and collectibility.... By that time prime examples of the E46 should be well over 100k... based on current Hagerty trends of +22% in 2018 alone....

In other news, if Electric cars are the future, that means classic collectors may start swapping Batteries into classic cars, which is disgusting in my opinion, and I firmly believe that when you take the "soul" aka "sound" aka "engine" out of car, you have nothing more than a reproduction, so why not simply start reproduction classics for those kind of people. Irving can park a classic XKE convertible with a 200 mile battery range next to his Moonstone....

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #21
jerseydirt
Private
Rep

Quote:

DCT AND 6MT. They are both phenomenal.

Cheers
I completely agree. My opinion was only related to what I think will be more collectible, not what is better or worse. And I agree with you that individual colors will always bring a premium, although I'm not sure how much if some other "must haves" like comp pack, slick top, manual () etc are not present. Those seem to be the pre-requisites.

I recently saw an M5 in Moonstone over caramel full leather and I think it may have been the most stunning combo I have ever seen.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #22
dinkman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 sedan

Quote:
The GT350 is a different beast and redlines almost 1k rpm lower.
that is incorrect.... unless you have your m3's redline raised super high. the gt350 has a 8200 redline. its a monster/beast of a car. just nowhere near as refined and daily driveable as an m3. i miss mine
Appreciate 1
Soden82477.00