BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

02-19-2019, 07:25 PM   #1
f30m
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

1999 BMW M3 Coupe

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 15,000.00

Item Interest
I am posting this on behalf of a friend that needs to part with his beloved E36 M3 because he's moving.

Link to the craigslist ad:
https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...823415972.html

"Selling my pristine 1999 E36 M3 in Cosmos Black Metallic over black leather with 128,000 original miles. I am the second owner - I bought this M3 from the original owner who sold it to me through Concord Motorsport in 2015, and I’ve only put 15,000 miles on during my ownership. This car has never seen snow - it’s been garaged through the winter its entire life, and it’s currently garaged now. I’ve driven this car as my sunny-day driver in summers, and I avoid driving in the rain whenever I can. It’s never been tracked, is completely damage and accident-free (as verified by all VIN-matching parts and its CarFax), and has always been adult-driven and cared for. No expense has been spared, as is shown by a folder of service receipts amounting to almost $10,000 under my ownership alone.

This car is in perfect, 10/10, like-new mechanical condition, and requires absolutely nothing mechanically. I’ve gone out of my way to address all known potential E36 M3 mechanical issues before those items had a chance to appear. Because it’s been taken care of in this way, it has been the most reliable car I’ve ever owned. (Service detailed below)

The car is truly a 10/10 interior-wise, as you can see in pictures - there is not a single rip or tear in any leather or plastic surface in the car (I have never seen Vaders in as good condition as these, and the back seats look like they’ve never been used). The leather has never been saturated with cheap leather shine or any of those products - all leather surfaces maintain their original factory suppleness, which is astounding to see in a BMW of this age. There are absolutely NO cracks in the dash or in any plastic surfaces in the car, and all digital screens still have all their pixels (no dead pixels anywhere!). Both driver’s and passenger side windows work perfectly, up and down (a true rarity for these cars). Every single feature original to the car works exactly as intended, including the heated seats (this is a Cold Weather Package equipped M3). This M3 is equipped with manual Vaders, so no worrying about seat motors dying. I had every window seal professionally replaced, as the original ones were beginning to become brittle. The glove box does sag a small amount, as is seen in every E36 M3, but this does not affect the glove box’s functionality at all. I bought a brand new headliner (entire OEM fiberglass piece and fabric) that I planned to swap into the car, but I never got around to bringing the car in to have the swap done. I will provide the new headliner with the car.

This M3 is easily a 9/10 exterior-wise. The original Cosmos Black Metallic paint shows exceptionally well on all surfaces, with absolutely no peeling, fading, or clear coat blemishes anywhere. All panels are original, VIN-matching, and straight. Concord Motorsport used OEM BMW Cosmos Black touch-up paint to touch up rock chips and a couple very small scratches that were present around the car - one scratch near the gas lid is still slightly visible up close. The original DS2 wheels show exceptionally well and are completely straight with no dents or bends of any kind, with all paint showing perfectly except for a small clear coat chip on the lip of one wheel. This is purely a paint blemish, as there isn’t a single spot of curb rash anywhere. The deduction of 1 point comes from a few nicks and small scratches on the original front and rear plastic bumpers, which can only be seen up-close, but these are nothing out of the ordinary and are to be expected from a 20-year old car. Additionally, there is a small dent on the front passenger wheel arch, that I have already had professionally assessed and has been deemed repairable with paintless dent removal. The only hint of rust on the entire car is a 1-inch by 1/2-inch corner of the driver’s side rear wheel arch that exists as a small bubble under the paint. This is purely a cosmetic blemish that is barely noticeable as the paint is still in tact, and it is completely isolated - the spot has not grown or worsened even slightly in my 3.5 years of ownership. The underside of the car is in phenomenal shape, as is detailed in an inspection report by ACE Performance in my service records; rust is limited to a small amount of very superficial surface rust on exhaust components. All of these exterior blemishes were present when I bought the car in 2015.

This M3 is all-original with the exception of a couple tasteful period-correct upgrades and all crucial E36 M3 maintenance items taken care of preventatively. All of these items were performed at BMW dealers or at BMW Certified shops.

- Upper and lower steering shaft and all power steering lines replaced at 115,015 miles
- Entire cooling system replaced with all OEM parts preventatively at 117,738 miles. This included the thermostat, water pump, radiator, expansion tank, fan clutch, fan blade, housings, hoses, and all timing belts.
- Both rear subframes preventatively reinforced at BMW dealership (under original owner)
- Spark plugs replaced at 121,000 miles
- All control arms and bushings replaced at 121,650 miles
- Front and rear sway bar links replaced at 121,650 miles
- Bilstein PSS9 coilovers and Ground Control front camber plates installed at 121,650 miles, aligned (these are 9-way damper adjustable, and I run them on the softest setting. This provides for a slightly sportier ride over stock, and does away with the presence of body roll in the OEM suspension. These PSS9s do not take away from the original comfortability of the car at all.)
- Fuel filter and fuel lines replaced at 121,650 miles
- Transmission fluid and seal replaced at 123,211 miles
- Differential fluid and seal replaced at 123,211 miles
- Air mass meter and boot replaced at 124,474 miles
- Brake lights and brake light switches replaced
- Front ceramic brake pads, OEM calipers, OEM caliper hardware, brake lines and OEM rotors replaced at 125,659 miles (including brake hydraulic system flush)
- Rear calipers and pads replaced with OEM hardware at time of purchase by Concord Motorsport (114,000 miles)
- 4 new Dunlop Signature HP tires installed at time of purchase by Concord Motorsport (114,000 miles)
- Front windshield replaced in 2016
- All window seals and rubber replaced
- Sunroof deflector replaced
- B&B triflow catback exhaust installed at 121,000 miles (I still have the original exhaust if you’d like me to provide that).
- Oil changed with Mobil1 full synthetic 5W-30 every 5,000 miles
- 15mm spacers in front, 5mm in rear with 60mm Turner Motorsports wheel studs
- Fully aligned at 125,425 miles
- Full exterior detail mid summer of 2018
- Every service I’ve had performed came complete with an overall report conducted by the technician working on the car - I will provide these reports as well, as they are even more in depth than a PPI. All of these reports indicate that the M3 is in need of absolutely nothing mechanically.

I have service receipts for all of these items and more, all of which will be provided for viewing and will be included with sale of the M3. I also have all of the original owner’s manuals and books to provide with sale.

It pains me to sell this car that I’ve maintained meticulously and planned to keep forever, but I’m moving to Los Angeles for work and I can’t imagine subjecting this car to the abuse of California daily driving in traffic. With this being said, I know an M3 of this caliber and quality will attract an enthusiast that will continue to treat the car the way it’s been treated the last 20 years.

I will gladly show the car by appointment, as it’s currently garaged in East Greenwich, RI."

Attached Images