BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

10-30-2022, 07:35 PM   #1
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 SS E90, 11 Moonstone E92

Motorsport24 BIG ORDER

Hi everyone,

A few months ago, I ordered some really cool parts to take Project Sky (my SS E90 M3) to the next level.

I consulted w/IND Distribution and M24 together to coordinate ordering several unique mods for the E9X M3 platform:
  • Motorsport24 Race Airbox (S65 in standard position) (14e92082)
  • Motorsport24 Aluminum Cooler Frame Lying (engine in standard position) (14e92019)
  • Motorsport24 Water Thermostat and Hose Kit (14e92055)
  • Motorsport24 Race Heat Exchanger used from Motorsport24 Z4 GT3 Cup Car (14e92061)
  • Motorsport24 Oil Filter Housing (OEM) Adaptor D10 for Race Heat Exchanger (14e92142)
  • Motorsport24 Electric Power Steering Conversion (14e92115)
Excited to unbox everything and get it all installed on Project Sky.

I just ordered some Schrick 292 Camshafts w/supporting Schrick Valve Springs and Retainers. These combined w/the M24 Race Airbox, and ARH Headers that I have should definitely extract the most out of the stock displacement engine.

Stay tuned for more updates on my journal, as well as Youtube channel where I document the entire process...Youtube channel link below:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuS...wI56wVR-hR1Apg

Enjoy the photos:

- 2008 BMW E90 M3 - Silverstone - Racecar
Appreciate 3
DRLane3988.50
roastbeef11586.00
///Mobbin1478.00
      10-30-2022, 09:02 PM   #2
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Any track driving vids?
      10-30-2022, 09:43 PM   #3
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
Any track driving vids?
Seems purely a YouTube exposure project, but kudos to all the thought work on the parts and one-off fab work.
      10-30-2022, 11:04 PM   #4
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

Wow. Does that airbox require a/c delete or tilting the rad?
Appreciate 1
      10-30-2022, 11:26 PM   #5
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Excited to hear your feedback on the electric PS conversion/power gains from cams & airbox... please take this to the track.
      10-30-2022, 11:55 PM   #6
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Any track driving vids?
Nothing yet...haven't driven this car in 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
Seems purely a YouTube exposure project, but kudos to all the thought work on the parts and one-off fab work.
It was not bought for a Youtube exposure project, but I will definitely anticipate once it debuts, it should generate some nice exposure to my very small channel. If you haven't already, I'd invite you DRLane to check out my journal in the Members Gallery section of the forum...there's a detailed list of every modification done to the car with some pretty neat stories behind some of the parts.
I'm a normal guy that is super passionate and caring, and thankfully it's well received as genuine by most.
I am trying to build a truly unique M3 for myself and share the project both on written (forums) and visual (Youtube) platforms to inspire others to think and dream BIG and outside the box. Project Sky is a no-expense spared build where having the support of my parents, my awesome company that keeps me employed, and most importantly some of the best shops and people behind the project, are collectively supporting the vision being turned into a reality.

I appreciate your support DRLane and encouragement on the one-off parts and overall planning towards Project Sky. Not sure where you live but if you're ever in Toronto, I would happily invite you to join me in a ridealong when the car is ready next year (4 years of patience...I feel like I'm going to forget how to drive the car)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd View Post
Wow. Does that airbox require a/c delete or tilting the rad?
Hey Redd, "Wow" was all I was saying when I waited almost 3 months for this Intake (really interesting story on the fiasco that happened with the German shipping company...that will eventually be shared on my journal and also on Youtube).

Yes, this airbox requires an A/C delete, as well as tilting the Radiator. I opted for the M24 tilted Radiator Shroud as seen in the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spxxx View Post
Excited to hear your feedback on the electric PS conversion/power gains from cams & airbox... please take this to the track.
Thanks spxxx, I will definitely report back with detailed feedback once the car makes its grand reveal hopefully next year after being parked for almost 4 years and slowly building it with only the best, most sought after, and rarest parts available for this platform.
As mentioned to DRLane above, I invite you and anyone else to check out my journal on the Members Gallery section. I have everything neatly organized on the 1st page with a detailed mod list, as well as a table of contents.
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 12:18 AM   #7
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
@reidetailing

Yes, I've been following along since the original post. I don't think it's negative for it to be a YouTube project, but that's definitely the way it's being marketed if it isn't. Nonetheless, your commitment is evident.
      10-31-2022, 12:45 AM   #8
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Ahh.. so it's a show car? Cool, I can't have anything nice, lol. I'm more of a let the scars tell the story guy
      10-31-2022, 07:24 AM   #9
nicksm3
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 Competition

I myself was going to get deep into this rabbit hole with M24 parts but major serious tuning is going to be needed for all of this to work. So in other words, i bailed on this exact project...reputable tuners that specialize in my platform dont exist near me. Randy at Epic is one of the best but hes in FL and he's time is $$$$$$$$$$$
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2022, 09:38 AM   #10
reidetailing
Alex - IG @screamer
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRLane View Post
@reidetailing

Yes, I've been following along since the original post. I don't think it's negative for it to be a YouTube project, but that's definitely the way it's being marketed if it isn't. Nonetheless, your commitment is evident.
Oh right on, well thank-you very much for being an OG supporter.
After re-thinking about it, yes you're right. The way I framed the original post definitely seems to be marketed as "Hey check out my Youtube." I mean I definitely am trying to grow the channel (currently at about 530 subscribers), and want to showcase some of the cool parts and the exciting journey.

Quote:
Ahh.. so it's a show car? Cool, I can't have anything nice, lol. I'm more of a let the scars tell the story guy
Lol, I'd say more of a track-car that is nice enough to compete for "Best of Shows."

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksm3 View Post
I myself was going to get deep into this rabbit hole with M24 parts but major serious tuning is going to be needed for all of this to work. So in other words, i bailed on this exact project...reputable tuners that specialize in my platform dont exist near me. Randy at Epic is one of the best but hes in FL and he's time is $$$$$$$$$$$
Hey Nick! Big fan of your car and dedication to track-focused mods. I wouldn't say it requires major tuning, but definitely lots of supporting requirements involved to make the intake setup work. The beauty with Randy is he will do remote tunes, so you don't necessarily need to ship the car down there. He is who will be tuning my car once it's all ready to go next year.
Appreciate 0