BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

03-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #67
Camnyc
wannabe
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI M3

Think im ordering one to complete my build. should look great against my SSII e90.
      03-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #68
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camnyc View Post
Think im ordering one to complete my build. should look great against my SSII e90.
I'm sure it will!! Light colors contrast so well with CF!
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2021, 02:16 PM   #69
Yea Boi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 08 M3

Im so glad i found this thread cant wait to receive mine.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00
      03-21-2021, 03:33 PM   #70
MasterMike
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI

This would be my dream upgrade!!!
Getting rid of my sunroof and installing a CF roof on my E90.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00
      03-21-2021, 03:38 PM   #71
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike View Post
It's awesome. Today I had my E92 (oem cf) and E90 (slonik) roof out and about, I prefer the 'large weave/twill' of the slonik roof for sure
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2021, 03:51 PM   #72
MasterMike
Registered
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMike View Post
It's awesome. Today I had my E92 (oem cf) and E90 (slonik) roof out and about, I prefer the 'large weave/twill' of the slonik roof for sure
The weaving is indeed nicer on the e90.
Some day, Some day....
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11490.00
      06-25-2021, 08:39 PM   #73
911r
Captain
Rep
Drives: slowly

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Ha I definitely approve of stockpiling parts before getting the car!

I do have an RKP cf roof for my M2 waiting to go on as well. It is purely for weight loss since it is going full race car but will be interesting to compare quality & fitment between the two.
Were you ever able to compare? I'm currently in the market. ~$2,400.00 delivered for the Slon roof vs. $1,698.00 delivered for the RKP/IND roof. While RKP/IND has pretty great reputation in the community, Slonik with this most recent BBK debacle, does not...although their roofs, and DCT pans do look amazing.

Also, a more general question, has anyone found out if cutting out the OEM roof and gluing on an aftermarket one jeopardizes the structural integrity at all? That is my biggest worry. Just trying to think of everything before going through with this procedure.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2021, 09:51 PM   #74
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911r View Post
Were you ever able to compare? I'm currently in the market. ~$2,400.00 delivered for the Slon roof vs. $1,698.00 delivered for the RKP/IND roof. While RKP/IND has pretty great reputation in the community, Slonik with this most recent BBK debacle, does not...although their roofs, and DCT pans do look amazing.

Also, a more general question, has anyone found out if cutting out the OEM roof and gluing on an aftermarket one jeopardizes the structural integrity at all? That is my biggest worry. Just trying to think of everything before going through with this procedure.
Rkp has a great 'reputation', but if you see their roof you wonder where they got it from. It's better than alibaba stuff, but the first thing you need to do is clearcoat it a few more times. Someone on this thread returned their rkp roof and got the slonik, which should tell you what you need to know

Slonik should stop doing group buys altogether, because it is there that the issues crop up.

The CF roof is more rigid than the oem one. The structural brace remains from the metal roof, but the metal roof, once removed, is like a sheet of paper. It feels solid when it's welded in but that's it.
Appreciate 1
911r891.00
      06-25-2021, 10:25 PM   #75
911r
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Rkp has a great 'reputation', but if you see their roof you wonder where they got it from. It's better than alibaba stuff, but the first thing you need to do is clearcoat it a few more times. Someone on this thread returned their rkp roof and got the slonik, which should tell you what you need to know

Slonik should stop doing group buys altogether, because it is there that the issues crop up.

The CF roof is more rigid than the oem one. The structural brace remains from the metal roof, but the metal roof, once removed, is like a sheet of paper. It feels solid when it's welded in but that's it.
Very good to know, happy to hear regarding the rigidity. The quality of the roof is a big concern to me. If I'm going through the effort of doing this swap, the fit and finish better be perfect.

What's the best way to get into contact with him? I wasn't able to find a way to purchase the roof via his website, and I'm not as proficient in Russian as I'd like to be.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2021, 06:34 AM   #76
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Very good to know, happy to hear regarding the rigidity. The quality of the roof is a big concern to me. If I'm going through the effort of doing this swap, the fit and finish better be perfect.

What's the best way to get into contact with him? I wasn't able to find a way to purchase the roof via his website, and I'm not as proficient in Russian as I'd like to be.
He's pretty responsive on IG/whatsapp/signal. I use English
Appreciate 1
911r891.00
      06-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #77
Yea Boi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 08 M3

Quote:

I had both for my e90 and i decided to go with slon cf roof. I actually had the IND first as my journey on this project started back in october but my first roof unfortunately came cracked from IND, but IND took care of me and sent another one, great customer service on ind part. I had no idea slon was making cf roofs for e90 until i saw this thread. hands down mikhail’s work is unbelievable. The fitment on my slon roof was excellent and he was able to customize my roof to have a smooth non-fin. I also had reservations on the delivery time, but in my case he actually delivered faster then IND’s replacement roof. It also survived the trip from russia to nj in my case as his packing was unbelievable. The structural rigidity shouldnt be effected unless you get the oem roof bow, part number 41-23-7-144-964. Part number for slicktop headliner if your coming from a sunroof car is following 51-44-8-046-361. Also need front and rear sound insulation for roof. I can give you those part numbers also, i just need to find it.
Appreciate 4
SYT_Shadow11490.00
911r891.00
cvstar9M3284.00
      06-26-2021, 07:40 PM   #78
911r
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yea Boi View Post
Quote:

I had both for my e90 and i decided to go with slon cf roof. I actually had the IND first as my journey on this project started back in october but my first roof unfortunately came cracked from IND, but IND took care of me and sent another one, great customer service on ind part. I had no idea slon was making cf roofs for e90 until i saw this thread. hands down mikhail’s work is unbelievable. The fitment on my slon roof was excellent and he was able to customize my roof to have a smooth non-fin. I also had reservations on the delivery time, but in my case he actually delivered faster then IND’s replacement roof. It also survived the trip from russia to nj in my case as his packing was unbelievable. The structural rigidity shouldnt be effected unless you get the oem roof bow, part number 41-23-7-144-964. Part number for slicktop headliner if your coming from a sunroof car is following 51-44-8-046-361. Also need front and rear sound insulation for roof. I can give you those part numbers also, i just need to find it.
Great info — many thanks to both you and SYT. Sent him a message today.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2022, 12:23 AM   #79
ilove90m3
Enlisted Member
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 M3

Great job for 90M3
      09-02-2022, 09:15 PM   #80
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Awesome mod bro. Like many here, I too been wanting to this. This has been on my to do list for a while now. Seeing this makes me wanting it even more. So, the manufacture allowed you to custom order one to your specs? I love the bigger grids on the cf. More of a splash! Coincidentally I was just in CT yesterday. If had seen your thread, I'd begged you to let me see your car. Congrats on a great mod man!
SYT_Shadow11490.00
      09-02-2022, 09:37 PM   #81
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvstar9M3 View Post
Awesome mod bro. Like many here, I too been wanting to this. This has been on my to do list for a while now. Seeing this makes me wanting it even more. So, the manufacture allowed you to custom order one to your specs? I love the bigger grids on the cf. More of a splash! Coincidentally I was just in CT yesterday. If had seen your thread, I'd begged you to let me see your car. Congrats on a great mod man!
You should have said something!

It's been over a year, the roof still looks brand new. It's a no regret mod even now that the e90 is retired from track duty
Appreciate 1
cvstar9M3284.00
      09-03-2022, 01:26 PM   #82
cvstar9M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 MR e90ZCP 6-MT

Quote:
Quote:
You should have said something!

It's been over a year, the roof still looks brand new. It's a no regret mod even now that the e90 is retired from track duty
You got your own shop out there? May be when i finally get mine, I can bring it to you to install?
      09-03-2022, 04:53 PM   #83
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
You got your own shop out there? May be when i finally get mine, I can bring it to you to install?
No shop, you would have come to my house where the cars are!

I work on my cars but otherwise have a job completely unrelated to cars!

You should take it to the people who did mine, what a fantastic job! They're the only people who work on my car when I can't!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 11:56 AM   #84
GeoK
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
No shop, you would have come to my house where the cars are!

I work on my cars but otherwise have a job completely unrelated to cars!

You should take it to the people who did mine, what a fantastic job! They're the only people who work on my car when I can't!
Fantastic modification, bravo! If the "people" are the ones who did your roof replacement, could you please share their contact details? Many thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #85
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoK View Post
Fantastic modification, bravo! If the "people" are the ones who did your roof replacement, could you please share their contact details? Many thanks in advance.
IMGMotorsport, I'll pm the phone number
Appreciate 1
GeoK104.50