BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

03-24-2023, 11:13 PM   #1
wahwill
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Help locating seat mounting hardware

I'm looking to retrofit OEM seat rails using Brey Krause seat mounts.

So I purchased a seat rail on ebay but it came with some missing nuts and bolts. Specifically ones that I would need to reuse.

They're the ones circled in the diagram below which mount the seat to the rail.

Was able to find the front nuts (#6 in diagram), but can't find the bolts. As for the rear nuts/bolts, I haven't had any luck at all finding them at all.

Anyone know where I can find these?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 12:09 AM   #2
Bmwdeven
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw e92 m3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Don’t know how helpful this is but I got the recaro rail/ shell and all hardware came with it. I don’t know what bolts are in the diagram as it’s blurry. Are they they the 4 main bolts that would mount to the floor of the car from the rail?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 01:39 AM   #3
wahwill
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwdeven View Post
Don’t know how helpful this is but I got the recaro rail/ shell and all hardware came with it. I don’t know what bolts are in the diagram as it’s blurry. Are they they the 4 main bolts that would mount to the floor of the car from the rail?
They're the bolts/nuts that mount the rail to the upper portion of the OEM seat. Not the bolts that mount to the frame.

The thumbnail is blurry but if you open the link there's a high res picture. The bolts have a unique collar that key into the rail.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 02:09 AM   #4
nekbreaker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3

Well if you find out what sizes bolts those are go to autoparts store autozone have a good selection if you don't know the sizes then get one from your oem seat they will have a thing where you can find out what the sizes and thread pitch I have my oem seats sitting on my garage I will take a look
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2023, 06:03 PM   #5
wahwill
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekbreaker View Post
Well if you find out what sizes bolts those are go to autoparts store autozone have a good selection if you don't know the sizes then get one from your oem seat they will have a thing where you can find out what the sizes and thread pitch I have my oem seats sitting on my garage I will take a look
These bolts are very unique, so the autoparts store wouldn't carry them. They have a keyed collar that fits into the seat rail. Also, the nuts for the rear mounts are low profile and have a built in sleeve.

If anyone knows where I can find these, please let me know! Seems like I'm SOL with a useless seat rail without these parts.
Appreciate 0