BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Closed Thread

11-17-2014, 04:42 PM   #1299
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-335xiCoupe
You just reminded me: people who seem to think the rules of the road change when there's snow on the ground piss me off. For instance, you must still stop at a red light. Adjust your driving to the conditions, numbnuts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0-100 nga real quick View Post
When drivers don't use a fuckin turn signal.
And this +1,000. Coupled with the guy who is in the right lane of the freeway with his left signal on for 45 miles.
I never understood how someone can not see the flashing indicator on their dash? Do some people really have little situational awareness? So yeah, gets to me too
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:53 PM   #1300
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

My favorite is the right turn signal. Then go left.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #1301
squishy
Banned
Zimbabwe
Rep
Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Guys dressed like this...
Go fuck yourself buddy!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 05:28 PM   #1302
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
My favorite is the right turn signal. Then go left.
In Boca the other day on Military Trail I saw a dude in the left-turn lane at an intersection. But whoops! He actually wanted to go right so he just pulled out past the crosswalk and cut across the front of like three lanes of traffic.

As you know, traffic laws are just suggestions around here.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 06:45 PM   #1303
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Old people around here love to do this. They also like to drive on 2 lanes at the same time, stop at green lights and go on red lights. But they do pretty good for someone drifting in and out of consciousness.

Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 07:03 PM   #1304
GB-335xiCoupe
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 29k mi per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
I never understood how someone can not see the flashing indicator on their dash? Do some people really have little situational awareness? So yeah, gets to me too
Not to mention the clicking noise. Always wondered why auto manufacturers don't automatically cancel signals after about two minutes if the car is in motion, or make it louder inside the car after one minute, and allow the driver to either cancel it or not, optionally.
Maint: Walnut blast 101k, Trans/T-case Fluid 103k, OFHG 195k
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #1305
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-335xiCoupe
Quote:
Not to mention the clicking noise. Always wondered why auto manufacturers don't automatically cancel signals after about two minutes if the car is in motion, or make it louder inside the car after one minute, and allow the driver to either cancel it or not, optionally.
Automatic shutoff would make sense. The thing is, the audio prompts are ineffective as these daft people a) are chatting with their girlfriends b) playing music super loud c) have the window down to smoke/AC is broken/save gas (which is a fallacy)/let a fart blow out the window. Window down = loudness.

There should be hand attached to the roof or arm rest that smacks them in the head every time stupidity ensues
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 09:11 PM   #1306
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

In defense of some of those drivers, my Z4 signals barely made noise and you couldn't hear them at all with the top down at highway speeds, with or without music. And the steering wheel effectively blocked my view of them. Plus in sunlight they weren't terribly visible anyway. I had a similar problem with my X5 and the highbeam light. It was right behind the top of my steering wheel.

I often wished for self-cancelling signals, though. Some bikes have them. I'd also like to see automatic headlights become standard, as well as lights that turn on when you use the wipers for any length of time. Too many dopes driving in the dark and/or rainy conditions with no lights on.

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 09:43 PM   #1307
GB-335xiCoupe
Libertarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: 29k mi per year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Six View Post
In defense of some of those drivers, my Z4 signals barely made noise and you couldn't hear them at all with the top down at highway speeds, with or without music. And the steering wheel effectively blocked my view of them. Plus in sunlight they weren't terribly visible anyway. I had a similar problem with my X5 and the highbeam light. It was right behind the top of my steering wheel.

I often wished for self-cancelling signals, though. Some bikes have them. I'd also like to see automatic headlights become standard, as well as lights that turn on when you use the wipers for any length of time. Too many dopes driving in the dark and/or rainy conditions with no lights on.
That's another thing. My VW had DRLs that could not be turned off, no matter where the headlight switch was. Mine in my e92 are always on automatic, because why change them? I'm surprised that with all the freakin government regulations, that they haven't made this mandatory for all new cars. It's actually a safety precaution that would make SENSE!
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:29 PM   #1308
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Speaking of safety, what about the idiots that, as soon as a raindrop hits the windshield, slow down to like 10/20 UNDER the speed limit and put on their hazard lights? We see you, you're not the only one driving in conditions and it's more dangerous to slow down like that when people aren't expecting it.

But if you must...DO IT IN THE FAR RIGHT LANE NOT THE PASSING LANES (yes I'm shouting)
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:43 PM   #1309
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Speaking of safety, what about the idiots that, as soon as a raindrop hits the windshield, slow down to like 10/20 UNDER the speed limit and put on their hazard lights? We see you, you're not the only one driving in conditions and it's more dangerous to slow down like that when people aren't expecting it.

But if you must...DO IT IN THE FAR RIGHT LANE NOT THE PASSING LANES (yes I'm shouting)
When visibility gets low like that, I jump off the first exit. Those loonies who slow to a crawl or stop are just as dangerous as the fools who are still doing 70mph. You get caught between the hydroplaners and the statues.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:57 PM   #1310
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
When visibility gets low like that, I jump off the first exit. Those loonies who slow to a crawl or stop are just as dangerous as the fools who are still doing 70mph. You get caught between the hydroplaners and the statues.
I actually remember one time on 95 this dude in some old camry or corolla was driving next to me on my way to work in the rain. I was on the left lane and he was next to me. All of the sudden I look and the sob is facing my passenger door head on! The dude went into a spin and spun all the way across 95 without hitting a single car (although he came inches from one).
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 12:17 AM   #1311
954Stealth
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Smart although the side streets aren't much better, to be honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
I actually remember one time on 95 this dude in some old camry or corolla was driving next to me on my way to work in the rain. I was on the left lane and he was next to me. All of the sudden I look and the sob is facing my passenger door head on! The dude went into a spin and spun all the way across 95 without hitting a single car (although he came inches from one).
This past summer I was headed north of 95 and I saw about 3/4 mile ahead of me some jackass try to "Shoot the gap" and cut in front of some truck so he could get 30 feet farther down the road (this was rush hour). The rear bumper got clipped and he ended up head right through the left-lane traffic and head first in to the guardrail on the other side of the HOV lane. How he didn't take out a few more cars in the process, I'll never know. How was the weather? Sunny, humid, high 80s.

It's not that some people forget how to drive in wet or bad conditions, it's that they never learned in the first place!

A friend of mine who grew up here in south Florida, a lady from Macau, a lady from Sweden and myself (from New England) were talking about driving and the tests. The guy from Florida said "all he had to do was get in the car drive through the parking lot, swing around and that was it." ... explains a lot.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 11:57 AM   #1312
RedlinePSI
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something else

Quote:
I can't understand that as well. I understand there could be a brief distraction, but when it goes on for miles? It's like ok this person is so unaware of their surroundings that I clearly do not want to be anywhere near them.

Quote:
In Boca the other day on Military Trail I saw a dude in the left-turn lane at an intersection. But whoops! He actually wanted to go right so he just pulled out past the crosswalk and cut across the front of like three lanes of traffic.

As you know, traffic laws are just suggestions around here.
OMG those fuckers. haha I've seen that in the middle of a moving road, somebody decides oh I want to go that way, 3 lanes across on the other side in pretty moderate traffic. OK so they just go that way and crawl through cars blocking the road, causing a back up. Because dumbass has to go that way, so of course he will simply point his car in that direction and go right!? Makes sense.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:04 PM   #1313
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

When a Starbucks worker goes into the bathroom with her boyfriend for a quickie. And comes out of the bathroom to make my drink.
      11-18-2014, 03:11 PM   #1314
2011CrazE89
Moved on
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z430i & 2015 MB C300

Cars with 1 windshield wiper. I don't know why that long sweeping action bugs me.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #1315
MidwestGolfBum
Knower of all Things Useless
North Korea
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92s

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongsc View Post
When a Starbucks worker goes into the bathroom with her boyfriend for a quickie. And comes out of the bathroom to make my drink.
Similar thing:

I have a good friend who is a bar owner, and every time there is a big sporting event in town there is always at least one "couple" that decides it has to use the women's restroom for that. This never fails, and the most common response as to why is "We are in a long distance relationship".
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #1316
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011CrazE89 View Post
Cars with 1 windshield wiper. I don't know why that long sweeping action bugs me.
I both love and miss the mono wiper from my previous Benz's.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #1317
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Restaurant greeters/seaters who insist on sitting us right next to a table of whiny little kids. Tonight we went Mexican. The place was 90% empty. Tables everywhere and the guy seating us brings us to a booth right between a couple and a family with 4 kids, one of whom is in a high chair and crying. I told the waiter we'd take one of the 6 empty booths we passed on the way to this one.

Then in walks another couple with two little kids and sure enough, Senor Maitre d' sits them right next to us. The little girl starts kicking the back of my wife's booth seat as soon as she sits down. We couldn't get out of there fast enough.

-UncleWede
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 08:43 PM   #1318
originalgoods13
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Chevy Spark

People at work dumping their dirty dishes in the sink instead in to the dishwasher which is literally 2 feet away
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2014, 08:55 PM   #1319
M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalgoods13 View Post
People at work dumping their dirty dishes in the sink instead in to the dishwasher which is literally 2 feet away
Guilty.

<<<<Why do we all have a zero under our usernames?

-UncleWede
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #1320
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

They put up a sign at the gate to get in the parking lot at the plant. It states;

Speed limit 12 mph

I can't handle anything other than 5 mph intervals. I'm going crazy every morning.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread