BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

Mporium BMW

01-02-2014, 12:42 AM   #177
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

My pleasure giving you a ride in the E46M3. Glad it was useful.

Your Dad's car is drool worthy. Love me some Cayman S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
Video from yesterday....

Nice! Good job using all the track, setting nice arcs, and getting on the throttle at or before the apex! I approve! :thump: The AIM/GoPro/etc. interface is really nice. Should help you review the track prior to your next track day there and really get an idea on brake points, etc.

Here's the deal. As a student, tlp, did what I needed him to do; he checked his ego at the door and listened. As a result, he was able to quickly learn the line and work on all the other things I harped on him about. The results are readily apparent in the video.

This weekend was easy for me b/c all of my students were just like tlp as they listened. Makes things go a lot easier for everyone and the student ends up with fun laps like tlp did in his video.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 02:31 PM   #178
SergioK
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlp View Post
Video from yesterday....

I need me this app... I love the overlay. I'm assuming this is with some type of OBDII connector?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 11:03 AM   #179
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

If these tracks would provide a TV screen, wifi and something like a Google Chromecast or Apple TV, we could streem sessions right after running them, or better yet, record an instructor run taking different lines, and go over the track turn by turn over a couple class sessions.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 12:02 PM   #180
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
If these tracks would provide a TV screen, wifi and something like a Google Chromecast or Apple TV, we could streem sessions right after running them, or better yet, record an instructor run taking different lines, and go over the track turn by turn over a couple class sessions.
We toyed with that at the last Buttonwillow school with a projector and an AppleTV. Unfortunately in an effort to get the AppleTV to work right I hit the reset button and forgot to bring my remote control.

Now that we have had SOME experience trying it, I think if we were to do it again it's certainly do-able. As long as I don't reset my AppleTV.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 04:46 PM   #181
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

OK HACK.
We gave you some time to recover.
What's the schedule with the SoCal chapters for future events other than Chuckwalla at the end of March??

Also, was this even ok financially for the Club?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #182
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
OK HACK.
We gave you some time to recover.
What's the schedule with the SoCal chapters for future events other than Chuckwalla at the end of March??

Also, was this even ok financially for the Club?
I'll likely find out the financial sit tomorrow at the board meeting. I expect a small loss, but if it ain't more than $3,000, I am okay with it since I'll be even overall for the year. Plus the date being between the two big holidays probably limited participation.

I'm trying to schedule a mid May WSIR weekend. The other date L.A. Chapter will likely be part of a larger ITS/Club Racing/DE weekend and as far as I know, that's going to be determined by the higher ups in the region. I may schedule a 1 day at Auto Club Speedway toward the latter half of the year. Maybe try the infield only course. Again, the WSIR weekend will likely be "firmed up" this weekend at the board meeting.

Other than that, I've got nothing else planned for 2014. We'll be back at SMMR probably in Feb. of 2015.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 06:41 PM   #183
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
Rep
Drives: Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
I'll likely find out the financial sit tomorrow at the board meeting. I expect a small loss, but if it ain't more than $3,000, I am okay with it since I'll be even overall for the year. Plus the date being between the two big holidays probably limited participation.

I'm trying to schedule a mid May WSIR weekend. The other date L.A. Chapter will likely be part of a larger ITS/Club Racing/DE weekend and as far as I know, that's going to be determined by the higher ups in the region. I may schedule a 1 day at Auto Club Speedway toward the latter half of the year. Maybe try the infield only course. Again, the WSIR weekend will likely be "firmed up" this weekend at the board meeting.

Other than that, I've got nothing else planned for 2014. We'll be back at SMMR probably in Feb. of 2015.
Instead of one day, can we get a 2-day event at Buttonwillow this year?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 11:08 PM   #184
The HACK
Rep

I've been told that the 3 day ITS/Club Racing/DE weekend may happen at Buttonwillow. I've also been told that multiple chapter will be involved in addition to LA. It's going to be a crazy fun weekend.

Plus I will not be doing much of the administration on that event so I can just concentrate on doing what I enjoy best.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 11:16 PM   #185
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I've been told that the 3 day ITS/Club Racing/DE weekend may happen at Buttonwillow. I've also been told that multiple chapter will be involved in addition to LA. It's going to be a crazy fun weekend.

Plus I will not be doing much of the administration on that event so I can just concentrate on doing what I enjoy best.
Sweet, sounds like fun. What month might this happen?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #186
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:

That's good to hear!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCTrojanMan29 View Post
Instead of one day, can we get a 2-day event at Buttonwillow this year?
The Central California Chapter usually does BW.
Don't know if anyone from there is on the forums.

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 12:26 AM   #187
The HACK
Rep

Quote:
Sweet, sounds like fun. What month might this happen?
I've been told the date depends on Boris Said's race schedule. The month that's been tossed about is October. Boris is said to want to be involved with the school/event since his dealership is going to be the top billing sponsor for the event.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2014, 12:18 PM   #188
tlp
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, Sold:'11 e92 M3 SG/FR

Garage List
Quote:

This is good news. A buddy of mine that is BMW club racer mentioned the lack of CCA club racing events in the West vs East. He thought that the West coast CCA chapters abandoned club racing all together.

SMMR Feb 2015 - I'll be there!!!
      01-22-2014, 12:25 AM   #189
Triple M
Doc Rebel!
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fire Orange M3, X5M, Blk 135

Fooshe and Blaine were both ammmmaziiiing!!!! It's amazing that I was just commenting today in another thread how you were laying down the moves in that 328i with street tires. Learned so much that one weekend. Insane how MANY SMALL things over one lap can improve that lap. Can't wait to do it again. Trying to hit Buttonwillow this weekend for the first time. Part of my "bucket list" :-))
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 11:47 PM   #190
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Porsche Club is running a (new) 2.1 mile configuration April 5th and 6th for $350.

http://lvrpca.clubstore.us.com/produ...ucts_id=500031

Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 12:47 AM   #191
OC3
Havin' a blast!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92 Jerez Blk DCT ZCP

What does this brand new 2.1 mile config look like?
BRP 1:56 | CVR 2:01 | ACS 1:53 | WSIR 1:34
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 12:59 AM   #192
USCTrojanMan29
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Porsche Club is running a (new) 2.1 mile configuration April 5th and 6th for $350.

PCA Las Vegas requires a race suit if you run in the advanced group.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 09:40 AM   #193
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OC3 View Post
What does this brand new 2.1 mile config look like?
No idea. They said it's new to the track.

Quote:
PCA Las Vegas requires a race suit if you run in the advanced group.
The actual wording is somethning, "highly recommended" but doens't say required.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #194
Longboarder
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW i8

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks for the link! Love this place and I think I'll sign up as I've been itching to track the P-car for the first time.
a couple others
IG: longboarder949; YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT1...eoFBszPIK0gf9w
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 11:12 PM   #195
admranger
Retired Curmudgeon
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X3M40i, ‘18 m550i

Quote:
No idea. They said it's new to the track.

The actual wording is somethning, "highly recommended" but doens't say required.
Yeah, we'll regardless of what it says, suits are required. Ask me how I know. I have three suits at home, but didnt have them with me. To be honest, the next group down was still a lot of fun.

'19 X3 M40 Carbon Black/Oyster, '23 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Summit, Past BMWs: '18 M550i, '18 330 GT, '16 X5 40e, '11 E90M3, '06 X5 4.4, '03 330i ZHP, '02 M3, '97 Z3 2.8, '95 M3 (2x), '94 530i (manual), '92 525i (manual), '88 M3, '87 325iS
Appreciate 0